Blessed By A Broken Heart

zacharyamelie

From what I've heard on their my Space page they combine a shitload of sounds. Glam, Hair Rock, Heavy Metal, Thrashy Nu-metal,Shred guitars, a bit of techno and tons of melodies. I don't really care for the screaming or growling vocals. Something tells me TIM 2 will love this.

From what I've heard on their my Space page they combine a shitload of sounds. Glam, Hair Rock, Heavy Metal, Thrashy Nu-metal,Shred guitars, a bit of techno and tons of melodies. I don't really care for the screaming or growling vocals. Something tells me TIM 2 will love this.

Beat you to it Dave, I'd already posted this one a while back in the 'Other Styles' thread!

Good shout though, killer mix of styles going on here. Like a mix of Trixter and Atreyu, or a slightly more Screamo version of Avenged Sevenfold. With the success that A7X are having with their Modern take on Hair Metal I'd hope this would follow suit. "Show Me What You Got" is especially great (the breakdown after 2 mins is killer), love the mix of screaming & clean vocs, & the OTT keys... Awesome stuff IMO.

P.s. The track "To Be Young" is awesome, like classic 80's Hair Metal...

There's even an abundance of keys in this one for the real traditionalists... killer disc.

If they think they're gonna win over the traditionalists then they're very misguided. Traditionalists won't like it simply because it has a 2008 date stamp on the side of the CD. Traditionalists don't even like Avenged Sevenfold, who frankly sound no different to anything from the Hair Metal genre...

Just in case anyone is interesed, Blessed By A broken Heart has another cd called All Is Fair In Love And War. You can order it here:

http://bloodandink.storenvy.com/products/9...art-all-is-fair

Just wanted to let everyone know incase someone trys to sell them a copy as a "rare" cd for $200.00. HEHEHEE

Just in case anyone is interesed, Blessed By A broken Heart has another cd called All Is Fair In Love And War. You can order it here:

http://bloodandink.storenvy.com/products/9...art-all-is-fair

Just wanted to let everyone know incase someone trys to sell them a copy as a "rare" cd for $200.00. HEHEHEE

And before people buy that one they shoulod be well aware that it is NOTHING like the new one. Pure 100% screamo heavy metal without the choruses or clean vocals. Terrible, imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on this one and am quite glad I did. A strange yet intoxicating hybrid of hair-metal and metal-core, or "hair-core," as one review dubbed it. Some of the keys are too over-the-top for my taste, but they're pummeled into submission by the heavy guitars and screaming vocals, and there's simply no denying the utter catchiness of the album. Granted, this ain't for everyone, but some of us here who dabble in the modern metal genre should appreciate it. I know I'll be spinning it quite a bit in the days to come. "Show Me What You Got" is already stuck in my head like a wad of taffy stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

• 2 weeks later...
Last week I saw this in stock in an Aussie cd store (JB Hifi)... that was unexpected.

Full price, was it? JB has quite a few good selections when it comes to modern rock.

Last week I saw this in stock in an Aussie cd store (JB Hifi)... that was unexpected.

Full price, was it? JB has quite a few good selections when it comes to modern rock.

Yeah, it was about $27!

Expensive. Get it from the website for half that.

JB Hifi seem to pop up with obscure stuff every now and then. Wasn't one I expected to see there.

Yeah, it was about $27!

JB Hifi seem to pop up with obscure stuff every now and then. Wasn't one I expected to see there.

Not sure this one is too hard to get, mate. It could be... but I'm not sure to be honest. Yeah, I think I'll wait for it to pop up at Secondspin. :lol:

Yeah, it was about $27!

Not sure this one is too hard to get, mate. It could be... but I'm not sure to be honest. Yeah, I think I'll wait for it to pop up at Secondspin. :lol:

Not hard to get but also not one that will get an Aussie release I'd say. When I said 'obscure' I didn't mean obscure as in 'rare' , but obscure as in 'that was a funny place to see that cd'.

is it just me or is it that blessed by a broken heart - pedal the the metal is just plain awefull. headache inducing aural rubbish at its worst.

i've just heard the songs on their myspace site & the vocals are painfull.

It's not just you.

Personally, I think they're horrible. But you're right, the vocalist is so bad it hurts.

• 9 months later...

That's them. It's a cool album IMO. Of course it's not for anyone who hasn't bought any album with a date stamp later than 1990, but for anyone open-minded who likes Modern Metal (with some screaming) then it's not bad. There are much better bands though - Atreyu/Still Remains/Killswitch...