Shinedown

Glen

Have to admit that those bonus tracks just kick arse......esp 'The Energy' !

Haha. I just heard the bonus tracks and 'Son of Sam' mutilated my ass, 'I own you' was a bit of a monster too and I did also like 'The energy' but it was my least fave of the tracks. Still, 3 great bonus songs. Definitely worth getting the version with these 3 on it.

Haha. I just heard the bonus tracks and 'Son of Sam' mutilated my ass, 'I own you' was a bit of a monster too and I did also like 'The energy' but it was my least fave of the tracks. Still, 3 great bonus songs. Definitely worth getting the version with these 3 on it.

Weird, 'Son Of Sam' was my least fav. That said all are v good. The album with the bonus tracks is absolutely excellent - no question.

However the bonus on The Black Swan called 'The truth A Shall Set Me Free' (f excellent song) just elevates that one slightly higher.

• 2 weeks later...

Weird, 'Son Of Sam' was my least fav. That said all are v good. The album with the bonus tracks is absolutely excellent - no question.

However the bonus on The Black Swan called 'The truth A Shall Set Me Free' (f excellent song) just elevates that one slightly higher.

& with the other 4 killer bonus tracks SOTY stays firmly rooted in number 1 spot.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting into the new album and holy @#$% it's amazing. I'd heard a few tracks here and there off of it and liked them but the entire album as a package is practically unbeatable. "Devour" and "Call Me" are the strongest I think (at the moment anyway) but every song is a winner.

I actually liked 'Us And Them', their previous album a good bit. If you haven't heard the song "I Dare You" then you don't know what you're missing. It's basically a modern AOR song, just like, uhhh ... yeah, this new album.

A friend of mine in Dallas saw them a little while ago (pretty much played to an empty room) and he said they absolutely destroyed the club, played as if their lives depended upon it.

Edit -----> Just watched the video for "Devour" ... pure garbage. Shame, really.

"Devour" and "Call Me" are the strongest I think (at the moment anyway) but every song is a winner.

Yep, I love the opening & closing tracks best too. Shows they can do killer heavy numbers and awesome ballads. KILLER disc.

"Devour" and "Call Me" are the strongest I think (at the moment anyway) but every song is a winner.

Yep, I love the opening & closing tracks best too. Shows they can do killer heavy numbers and awesome ballads. KILLER disc.

"Call Me" will no doubt make my top ten list of great tracks of 2008. It's a haunting and beautiful song, shivers I tell ya, shivers!!!

"Call Me" will no doubt make my top ten list of great tracks of 2008. It's a haunting and beautiful song, shivers I tell ya, shivers!!!

:o Wow.....what a song!!!

• 5 months later...
Has anyone heard 'Junkies For Fame' ??

Fuck me - another kick arse wicked song. This band is going from strength to strength :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLqMQt5RvqA...feature=related

:drink:

Damn Lennie, I was way behind on your post about this one. I did hear "Junkies For Fame" recently. I wonder why it didn't make the last album. At any rate, it's available at Itunes for $.99. I downloaded it immediately. I hope these guys keep up the momentum they've got going on.

Has anyone heard 'Junkies For Fame' ??

Fuck me - another kick arse wicked song. This band is going from strength to strength :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLqMQt5RvqA...feature=related

:drink:

Damn Lennie, I was way behind on your post about this one. I did hear "Junkies For Fame" recently. I wonder why it didn't make the last album. At any rate, it's available at Itunes for $.99. I downloaded it immediately. I hope these guys keep up the momentum they've got going on.

Ha, yeah...great track. God knows why this wasnt on the album??

• 2 months later...

Tony Harnell extolling the virtues of Shinedown on FaceBook, who woulda thunk it? Tony's current status message:

"Tony Harnell Is that new Shinedown single "Second Chance" great or what? I've had the album for sometime and kept wondering why that song wasn't a huge hit, well someone at the label finally figured it out and now it appears to be a huge hit. Great band, great singer and from what I have heard, great guys. Excellent lyrics as well. Dare I say, inspirational? We need more songs like that in these times. TH"

Tony Harnell extolling the virtues of Shinedown on FaceBook, who woulda thunk it? Tony's current status message:

"Tony Harnell Is that new Shinedown single "Second Chance" great or what? I've had the album for sometime and kept wondering why that song wasn't a huge hit, well someone at the label finally figured it out and now it appears to be a huge hit. Great band, great singer and from what I have heard, great guys. Excellent lyrics as well. Dare I say, inspirational? We need more songs like that in these times. TH"

Ha yeah, and better than anything he can currently write............... :whistle:

Ha yeah, and better than anything he can currently write............... :whistle:

:lol: You're a bad man, I like that about you!

I was driving to the shop with my wife on the weekend and I usually tune out the radio, but I couldn't help but notice the hook of 2008 come out through the speakers on Aussie radio!! Great to see this awesome tune recognised. I just hope they don't 'Lips on an angel' it.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually noticed this one while going through Billboard's modern crap charts as I ignored initially. Where Second Chance's holding a #15 spot at the current Hot 100. Never ever did I expect to stumble upon some actual good music, good Rock music, but that's in fact what this is. Very rare for today's Pop standards and a stellar Melodic Rock album just the same. Here's to hope for a new beginning!