ENDANGEREDCDS - notice to all my loyal customers

eBay, in its infinite wisdom, or lack thereof, suspended my account today for "being linked to another suspended account". I have no idea who this other account is, or why I was associated with it. Why I do know is that I'm going to do everything in my power to get to the bottom of this and restore my account/auctions/store ASAP.

Please bear with me as this may take some time. eBay's "guilty-before-proven-innocent" customer relations policy is heavy-handed, their customer service reps are about as clueless as they come, and they obviously suspend first, ask questions later.

I can assure you guys i WILL be back, and not to fear- all orders/CDs you may have recently won will be shipped, if they haven't already been put in the mail.

If you have any questions, you can email me at

endangeredcds@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Tony

(koogles)

eBay, in its infinite wisdom, or lack thereof, suspended my account today for "being linked to another suspended account". I have no idea who this other account is, or why I was associated with it. Why I do know is that I'm going to do everything in my power to get to the bottom of this and restore my account/auctions/store ASAP.

Please bear with me as this may take some time. eBay's "guilty-before-proven-innocent" customer relations policy is heavy-handed, their customer service reps are about as clueless as they come, and they obviously suspend first, ask questions later.

I can assure you guys i WILL be back, and not to fear- all orders/CDs you may have recently won will be shipped, if they haven't already been put in the mail.

If you have any questions, you can email me at

endangeredcds@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Tony

(koogles)

See you soon Koogs as my ebay experience wouldn't be the same withouta ya :beerbang:

Ebay lets idiots like Jamie Levine and James Arwine roam free and register time and time again, yet a stand up guy and one of the best sellers on Ebay bar none gets yanked for no reason. Ebay is a crooked as they come.

Let's hope everything works out for you Koogs.

Thanks guys- nice to know someone's in my corner. Ebay certainly isn't.

I'll be back, not because I miss the feel of eBay's big dick in my ass, but because- not 24 hours into my suspension- I already miss dealing with my friends who love rare melodic rock CDs as much as I do...

Thanks guys- nice to know someone's in my corner. Ebay certainly isn't.

I'll be back, not because I miss the feel of eBay's big dick in my ass, but because- not 24 hours into my suspension- I already miss dealing with my friends who love rare melodic rock CDs as much as I do...

Yeah, the screwed up my account the other week and changed my shipping address on me. I just saw this the other day too, looks like they are going the way of Amazon...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bw/20080603/bs_bw/...tc2008062112762

Ebay lets idiots like Jamie Levine and James Arwine roam free and register time and time again, yet a stand up guy and one of the best sellers on Ebay bar none gets yanked for no reason. Ebay is a crooked as they come.

Let's hope everything works out for you Koogs.

My exact thoughts.....E Bay has all this tremendous technology and what do they do with it.....screw with the decent people while the rampant and openly deceptive people continue to laugh at the "suspended accounts" and skirt the whole E BAY SECURITY SYSTEM which is nothing short of laughable to begin with.

I had a friend tell me this past week that he had to file a non paying bidder alert on a Russian buyer for non payment. He got his credit from E Bay for the transaction and a month after the auction, a registered letter arrives from the Russian buyer with the cash payment. The buyer had insisted that he mailed payment right after the auction. My friend mailed the CD to the Russian buyer and within 2 weeks, he got the CD and went to E Bay and left a positive feedback for my friend.......BINGO.....within the hour, my friend received an e mail from E Bay alerting him that they had reinstated the E Bay fees that they had previously credited him because the buyer had posted positive feedback declaring he had received the CD. Now you tell me.....is the technology in place for E Bay to make money???? You betcha......But, they just can't seem to get it figured out how to keep the maggots from coming back over and over again...............

Hey, Tony!

I recently had a problem with Ebay & Paypal. Someone stole $ 2,200 from my account buying an item on ebay. Man...I lost at least 10 days and dozens of hours with lots of e-mails and phone calls (remember that I don´t speak english very well, I had to ask a favor to a good friend of mine here in Brasil)) trying to fix the problem. I am happy that everything is now OK. Otherwise, I´m sure they were guilty in Lonnie´s stroke (as co-autors, I mean), when I lost $1,200 to this thief...

In my opinion, It´s not a perfect system, they are really confused sometimes, but it´s the best option. Can you imagine the world market - specially when we talk about rare cds -without them? I can´t...

I wish you the best of luck solving this problem as soon as possible, I am sure who knows you will be with you ´til the end!

take care my friend

Adriano :headbanger:

Sorry about the EBAY problem Tony your one of the best if not the best (along with MISTDISCS) the best CANADIAN on EBAY ! Hope you can back on soon I need to fill some holes in my canadian indie part of my quantity qualiy all silver pressed cd collection! Rock on

Not to worry tony, they will have send you an email and have you fax them some type of identification to show you are really so damn cool...lol....happened to me, my wife, and my brother last year....all for being linked to some mysterious account...lol.....although they should straighten this out, it is a major pain in the ass.....they did it to me right in the middile of an auction...probably like you.... :drink:

Thanks guys. Not a peep from eBay after 48 hours, the time by which they said I'd get a response from the appeals department. And they said being a powerseller, my dilemna would be given "priority status". What a pile of bullshit. There's no power in "powerseller", once eBay leaves you twisting in the wind.

A live rep said they were backlogged 4 days on the e-mail side. Hardly a surprise given the avalanche of complaints and dissatisfied sellers they must be dealing with now.

Great to hear about a few stories (thanks, Adriano and Mike Butt) of eBay disasters that turned out ok in the end. It gives me a little more hope for the future!!

koogles

The Koogle train seems to be up and running again, no killer auction listed yet, but the next one should be MASSIVE.

This reminds me of Paul Pierce in game one for the Celtics the other night against Lakers. He went down and was hauled away on a wheelchair with the hopes of all being dashed......However he came back soon there after only to take over and dominate, much to the delight of the fans. I feel we have a similar situation here.

No longer extinct, only ENDANGERED.

Welcome back!!!!

Got an email from ebay this morning and they re-instated endangeredcds, without really telling me why or any of the mechanics behind their move. My guess is it was a case of "oops, we fucked up!", back you go to make us richer.

Now my store has to be re-built brick-by-brick, all my settings were wiped out. So bear with me, guys, cuz it might take a while to get everything back on track.

Thanks for all the support and e-mails while the chips were down, I really appreciate it.

Tony

(koogles)

At what point do you tell Ebay to stick it? If I sold a lot of items on Ebay and they were making me needlessly jump through hoops I think I would go elsewhere. I've been going else where for the things I want to buy. I would like to look else where to sell what few items I have. I'm just waiting for a concensus to tell me the best Ebay replacement.

Got an email from ebay this morning and they re-instated endangeredcds, without really telling me why or any of the mechanics behind their move. My guess is it was a case of "oops, we fucked up!", back you go to make us richer.

Now my store has to be re-built brick-by-brick, all my settings were wiped out. So bear with me, guys, cuz it might take a while to get everything back on track.

Thanks for all the support and e-mails while the chips were down, I really appreciate it.

Tony

(koogles)

good to see ya back Tony

back in business like a da vinci :beerbang::tumbsup:

At what point do you tell Ebay to stick it? If I sold a lot of items on Ebay and they were making me needlessly jump through hoops I think I would go elsewhere. I've been going else where for the things I want to buy. I would like to look else where to sell what few items I have. I'm just waiting for a concensus to tell me the best Ebay replacement.

Really why would you go anywhere else now. As a buyer Your a ebay God. Do like many others are now doing. Bid on 10 different auctions of the same item. Pay for the lowest one. Say F... the rest... Set up a new id and bid some more. Ethics on ebay.... No such thing... Its a jungle now GO FOR IT!

As a seller I say this..... Forget what selling was suppose to be.... Do it like you want to.... Dont like the winner on the auction. Cancel the transaction return his money.... List it again..... Do this until ebay kicks you off set up a new seller account..... Yes just that easy

• 1 month later...
Guest metalmastermusic

Hey Kooges, I am working on circumventing the ebay wagon as well. Should have metalmastermusicshop.com open in just about 2 weeks. Glad you are back up. I sell underteh store name metalmastermusic on ebay and have excellent feedback. Can't beat em go direct !!! Rock On !