Bangalore Choir - New cd coming in 2008?

heaven&hell

Hopefully this is true and they can do something close to as good as the debut. :bananamac:

From Blabbermouth:

Former ACCEPT and current GYPSY ROSE/BANGALORE CHOIR singer David Reece has issued the following update:

"Well, for srarters, the [new GYPSY ROSE] record is finished and wow!!! We're scheduled for a May 19 release [via Escape Music]. I really feel that this record has it all: Killer songs, great melodies, crunching rhythms and screamin' vocals.

"I've been out of the loop for awhile because, well, truthfully, I was sick of the bullshit! But my blood wouldn't let go of music, so when Khalil Turk [Escape Music] and the boys in GYPSY ROSE asked me to come over and after hearing the songs, it felt right.

"We started the record in May 2006 and finished in August 2006. And in between we did some shows as what else do you do. We plan to tour Europe and Asia this year so we are are inviting all you sickos to be apart of the madness!!!

"Also John Kirk [bANGALORE CHOIR guitarist] and I are writing new tunes for a BANGALORE CHOIR release [that] should be done for an 08 release as well."

Reece previously stated about his decision to bring BANGALORE CHOIR back to life: "Over the last few years, I've been very honored by all of the chatter and communication, regarding my career in music. After long consideration I have decided to finally get with the program and try and reach out to my friends and fans worldwide.

"As some of you may know I have fallen under the radar the past few years, mostly because of my experiences with the music business, as I refer to as the necessary evil of recording and record companies. My experience with these entities was to say the least a nightmare! Mainly because of the usual story of poor management, timing, and, of course, that surge that shelved of us '80s guys, THE GRUNGE MOVEMENT! Which, of course, as most predicted, was a crock of shit. As most of you know, record companies clamor for what is hot today and not what the mass of listeners are loyal to.

"So after long contemplation to you, fans, as a sign of my utmost appreciation for you all, I am currently writing another album with longtime friend and guitarist John Kirk from the days of BANGALORE CHOIR. The music promises gutsy hooks, vocals and melodies, which we have all come to expect! We plan to release this record in the summer of 08 via the web."

Oh man, completely unexpected and amazing news. That would have to be one of the bottom 5 bands I ever thought I'd hear another CD from. Man I hope they can deliver something a little like the sensational debut... and hopefully get a few more original members back too, to make it a bit more of a real new BC album. :)

Oh man, completely unexpected and amazing news. That would have to be one of the bottom 5 bands I ever thought I'd hear another CD from. Man I hope they can deliver something a little like the sensational debut... and hopefully get a few more original members back too, to make it a bit more of a real new BC album. :)

Yeah it'd be cool to get Curt Mitchell and Ian Mayo and Jackie Ramos back even though Ian and Jackie didn't play on the album. I know Ian and Jackie have some grunge cover band they do together and Ian is still technically in Burning Rain but not sure what Curt and John have been up to.

The first BC album was one of those albums like the debuts from Wildside, Sven Gali and Blue Tears, that I bought years after they came out had no idea who they were, but while rummaging through some second hand CDs, bought them on the band image alone!

It also share the same honour with those albums as being some of my favourite albums of all time, with not one single bad track on the albums!

I doubt any follow up will equal its majesty, just as the follow ups from the other artists mentioned, ranged from awful to good rather than awesome, but I hope its closer to the stuff released by Blue Tears and the 3rd Wildside CD, rather than the second Wildside and Sven Gali CDs!

Any fans of David Reece's voice check out the new Gypsy Rose songs with David on vocals.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=192278287

Very nice, I really like what I'm hearing! Reece's voice sounds like it's gotten a bit rougher but the tunes are fantastic.

Any fans of David Reece's voice check out the new Gypsy Rose songs with David on vocals.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=192278287

Very nice, I really like what I'm hearing! Reece's voice sounds like it's gotten a bit rougher but the tunes are fantastic.

I agree. :tumbsup:

I'm just taking a listen to the band Razormaid and their one only cd from 1997 "First Cutt" featuring future Bangalore Choir guitarists Curt Mitchell and John Kirk. This is pretty good stuff too and is very Dokken in places. I never knew this cd existed so this comes as a great suprise.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this one. I've actually been talking with the guys from Bangalore Choir, and are infact currently writing new material. I was also asked to set up a fan page on Myspace for them!

http://www.myspace.com/bangalorechoirmichigan

• 2 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Looks like these guys are in fact recording-minus Curt Mitchell.Most likely it'll be called "Off Target" and be a slab of below mediocre drivel like the last one.Sorry BC fans just how i feel.Curt himself has even stated on his message board that "On Target" was basically full of bad songs and pretty much watered down crap.

Looks like these guys are in fact recording-minus Curt Mitchell.Most likely it'll be called "Off Target" and be a slab of below mediocre drivel like the last one.Sorry BC fans just how i feel.Curt himself has even stated on his message board that "On Target" was basically full of bad songs and pretty much watered down crap.

That does suck that Curt will not be a part of the Bangalore Choir project, but I don't think he will miss out on anything. I was in contact with him when trying to track down a copy of Razormaid's First Cutt cd and he even made the comment to me:

I like Razormaid much better than Bangalore. It's alot more guitar oriented, and just a better CD all 'round.

~Curt Mitchell~

I do think Razomaid is a much better hard rock cd, but for as much of a slagging Bangalore Choir has taken over the years, I happen to like them quite a bit, mostly because I love David Reece's vocals.

That being said, I do not have high expectations on this project. If they were releasing a bunch of old songs that have been sitting around collecting dust, that would be one thing. But trying to re-create some kind of magic from nearly 20 years ago that wasn't all that strong in the first place is something very different, and I don't think they will have much success at pulling it off.

• 2023 Gold Donors

That does suck that Curt will not be a part of the Bangalore Choir project, but I don't think he will miss out on anything. I was in contact with him when trying to track down a copy of Razormaid's First Cutt cd and he even made the comment to me:

I like Razormaid much better than Bangalore. It's alot more guitar oriented, and just a better CD all 'round.

~Curt Mitchell~

I do think Razomaid is a much better hard rock cd, but for as much of a slagging Bangalore Choir has taken over the years, I happen to like them quite a bit, mostly because I love David Reece's vocals.

That being said, I do not have high expectations on this project. If they were releasing a bunch of old songs that have been sitting around collecting dust, that would be one thing. But trying to re-create some kind of magic from nearly 20 years ago that wasn't all that strong in the first place is something very different, and I don't think they will have much success at pulling it off.

Yeah,i agree.Curt is great guy to rap with and a helluva player.Ive always loved the "On Target" coverart-ill give it that. :beerbang: I don't know why i didn't like the "Razormaid" the first time i heard it....Now i love the thing,too bad i got rid of mine.At least i still have the burn i made of it.Pretty rare now.

I like Razormaid a lot, but I absolutely love Bangalore Choir. I don't really have any hopes for the new disc either (though maybe the guys in Gypsy Rose will rub off on him favourably) but for me, 'On target' will always be a classic.

Looking forward to catching these guys at Rocklahoma on the side stage ..... On Target and the Eat The Heat Album from Accept were Fantastic ! .... However I don't fancy the Sircle Of Silence albums or the Stream album much .

I like Razormaid a lot, but I absolutely love Bangalore Choir. I don't really have any hopes for the new disc...but for me, 'On Target' will always be a classic.

I agree with everything Geoff said. Except the part about liking Razormaid. They never impressed me much.

I like Razormaid a lot, but I absolutely love Bangalore Choir. I don't really have any hopes for the new disc...but for me, 'On Target' will always be a classic.

I agree with everything Geoff said. Except the part about liking Razormaid. They never impressed me much.

Ah, they were okay. As for Gypsy Rose hopefully rubbing off on Reece, I heard 'Another world' this morning. I'll scrap that hope. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Looking forward to catching these guys at Rocklahoma on the side stage .....

Bangalore Choir cancelled their Rocklahoma gig... Reece will still be there with one of his other bands tho (Gypsy something-or-other, I think? I forget the name)

Bangalore Choir cancelled their Rocklahoma gig... Reece will still be there with one of his other bands tho (Gypsy something-or-other, I think? I forget the name)

Gypsy Rose is the bands name and it looks like the Bangalore Choir reunion is off altogether. :crying:

Gypsy Rose is the bands name and it looks like the Bangalore Choir reunion is off altogether. :crying:

I guess that's disappointing (or is it a blessing?). They did start recording the songs, though, didn't they? What happens to those?

I guess that's disappointing (or is it a blessing?). They did start recording the songs, though, didn't they? What happens to those?

That's a good question. Did you read the Reece interview over at Sleazeroxx?

I think so... can't remember. What did it say of interest?

I think so... can't remember. What did it say of interest?

He said that there was to much drama in Bangalore Choir but he wasn't specific with who or what was going on or if anything would be done with the songs that were finished.