L.A. Guns vs. L.A. Guns

heaven&hell

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So will Paul Black be putting out another edition of LA Guns?? Then there would be 3. :eek:

Steve and Tracii own 50% each so I don't think legally Paul could do that.

So how was he allowed to release Paul Black's L.A. Guns "Blacklist" CD??

So will Paul Black be putting out another edition of LA Guns?? Then there would be 3. :eek:

Excellent question and my only guess we because he put Paul Black in front of the name.

It also could be that Steve Riley doesn't have any extra money to try to sue anyone either.

Excellent question and my only guess we because he put Paul Black in front of the name.

It also could be that Steve Riley doesn't have any extra money to try to sue anyone either.

Tracii helped put it out so he was able to use the LA Guns name

Is the Rocklahoma show the first with M. Casey..? I could look this up but I'm not sure this version of the band is worth the time.

I may sneak over at rocklahoma and see what this is all about... :anon:

• 2 weeks later...
Is the Rocklahoma show the first with M. Casey..? I could look this up but I'm not sure this version of the band is worth the time.

So any thoughts on the Marty fronted LA Guns?

I have a feeling it sucked. Tracii's an embarrassment. :screwy:

Actually... Marty did a really good job fronting LA Guns. It was a pleasant surprise. He is no Phil Lewis, but he held his own. Besides all the LA Guns classics, they did Marty's song "Trees" which got a great response from the crowd. I go see them again with Marty fronting them. Marty also turned out to be a cool guy too... I had a chance to chat with him for awhile. Once everything here gets organized, I've got a ton of pictures to get up.

Actually... Marty did a really good job fronting LA Guns. It was a pleasant surprise. He is no Phil Lewis, but he held his own. Besides all the LA Guns classics, they did Marty's song "Trees" which got a great response from the crowd. I go see them again with Marty fronting them. Marty also turned out to be a cool guy too... I had a chance to chat with him for awhile. Once everything here gets organized, I've got a ton of pictures to get up.

I see them in a week and 1/2 at Dakota Rockfest so hopefully I'll dig it, but I have my doubts.

I like the song "Trees" and all but I don't want to hear LA Guns singing it.

The thing I don't get is why Tracii's band is getting all of the major festivals. :screwy:

He has to be blowing someone. :lol:

I see them in a week and 1/2 at Dakota Rockfest so hopefully I'll dig it, but I have my doubts.

I like the song "Trees" and all but I don't want to hear LA Guns singing it.

The thing I don't get is why Tracii's band is getting all of the major festivals. :screwy:

He has to be blowing someone. :lol:

It's because he charges less than half of what the good version of LA Guns charges.

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing LA Guns this weekend with Marty Casey I'll have to admit that they were pretty damn good.

Marty sang the old songs great and was probably the best frontman at the Dakota Rockfest.

My only big complaint is that they did to many damn covers and Marty's song 'Trees'.

I still think that Tracii should change the name since Phil's version of the band is more like the Classic LA Guns but I do think with Marty in the band they could do something cool and new with a different name.

After seeing LA Guns this weekend with Marty Casey I'll have to admit that they were pretty damn good.

Marty sang the old songs great and was probably the best frontman at the Dakota Rockfest.

My only big complaint is that they did to many damn covers and Marty's song 'Trees'.

I still think that Tracii should change the name since Phil's version of the band is more like the Classic LA Guns but I do think with Marty in the band they could do something cool and new with a different name.

I'm a Phil Lewis LA Guns fan. To me he has the sleazy voice I like/associate with LA Guns but I admit Casey did a pretty good job from the youtubes and clips I've seen. Although I've always though he could sing I was expecting to cringe with him doing Sex Action etc, but I was surprisingly impressed.

I'm a Phil Lewis LA Guns fan. To me he has the sleazy voice I like/associate with LA Guns but I admit Casey did a pretty good job from the youtubes and clips I've seen. Although I've always though he could sing I was expecting to cringe with him doing Sex Action etc, but I was surprisingly impressed.

Same here. I just think they (Tracii's version) should call it something else. Cocked and Loaded, Vicious Circle, Hollywood Vampires, anything but 2 LA Guns.

Same here. I just think they (Tracii's version) should call it something else. Cocked and Loaded, Vicious Circle, Hollywood Vampires, anything but 2 LA Guns.

I'm in total agreement with you guys and that is the very reason this thread was started. :drink:

Two LA Guns is a bad idea and even though I enjoyed their performance I stood 4 feet from Tracii in the VIP tent and couldn't make myself talk to him because I kept thinking I was gonna give him a piece of my mind how I felt about them calling themselves LA Guns and didn't envision that ending well. So I just didn't say anything to him which is crazy because back in 1990 I would of given my left nut to meet this guy.

L.A. Guns vs. L.A. Guns...... the saga continues......

From melodicrock.com:

TRACII GUNS FIRES SALVO :

On Saturday night's edition of The Classic Metal Show, guitarist Tracii Guns of LA Guns called in from the road to talk about his version of LA Guns and their new singer, vocalist Marty Casey (of Rockster INXS fame). During the course of the conversation, Guns made some startling accusations regarding "the other" LA Guns members Steve Riley and Phil Lewis. Here's an excerpt from the conversation.

The Classic Metal Show - People are talking about the fact that there are two version of LA Guns out there. The "other" camp has said some negative things about you being out there. Maybe it's best to set the record straight with you as to why you are doing it and calling it LA Guns, and why it's OK to do. They say some pretty harsh things the other way.

Tracii Guns - That's because they're jealous and bitter. I'll definitely go to their funerals.

The Classic Metal Show - One thing I wanted to address with you Tracii is the whole "two band syndrome". What is it about the 80s where the legal stuff not pinpointed enough to where you guys are ending up with these kind of dramas; you know, multiple bands out there with the same name and slagging each other over the same name. What was it that didn't go right to where this is happening now?

Tracii Guns - Steve Riley stole $157,000 dollars from me, and Phil Lewis is a piece of shit. So there you go. You wanted the answer, well, there it is.

For more information on The Classic Metal Show, go to: www.theclassicmetalshow.com / www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgHCE_H4IjA.

L.A. Guns vs. L.A. Guns...... the saga continues......

From melodicrock.com:

TRACII GUNS FIRES SALVO :

On Saturday night's edition of The Classic Metal Show, guitarist Tracii Guns of LA Guns called in from the road to talk about his version of LA Guns and their new singer, vocalist Marty Casey (of Rockster INXS fame). During the course of the conversation, Guns made some startling accusations regarding "the other" LA Guns members Steve Riley and Phil Lewis. Here's an excerpt from the conversation.

The Classic Metal Show - People are talking about the fact that there are two version of LA Guns out there. The "other" camp has said some negative things about you being out there. Maybe it's best to set the record straight with you as to why you are doing it and calling it LA Guns, and why it's OK to do. They say some pretty harsh things the other way.

Tracii Guns - That's because they're jealous and bitter. I'll definitely go to their funerals.

The Classic Metal Show - One thing I wanted to address with you Tracii is the whole "two band syndrome". What is it about the 80s where the legal stuff not pinpointed enough to where you guys are ending up with these kind of dramas; you know, multiple bands out there with the same name and slagging each other over the same name. What was it that didn't go right to where this is happening now?

Tracii Guns - Steve Riley stole $157,000 dollars from me, and Phil Lewis is a piece of shit. So there you go. You wanted the answer, well, there it is.

For more information on The Classic Metal Show, go to: www.theclassicmetalshow.com / www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgHCE_H4IjA.

I've read this and if it's true that sucks for Tracii but it still doens't change the fact that he quit his own band only to continue on using the same name while screwing them out of potential gigs/album sales/money.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Tracii was on That Metal Show last night.

While I respect the guy as a player I still don't understand all of this 2 LAG issue. He left the band and now to say publicly that his band doesn't effect the other band is a lie. He also screams to whomever will listen that Steve Riley is ripping him and other LAG members off on their publishing. I'm not saying this isn't true but it does beg the question why Steve even has control over the publishing if he's ripping you off. I sure hope TMS gives Phil and Steve a chance to tell the public their side of the story because most people that watch the show and that are in the audience might not know both sides. Tracii left and told them to continue without him and then his new band failed and he started his own LAG. Bullshit!

I'm not even sure how Steve got hold of part ownership seeing as he wasnt on the debut album (other than his picture) and left after Hollywood vampires, only to return for the god awful hardcore album.

That said, I'm just glad he or Phil was able to maintain some of the rights, as otherwise we'd have to put up with Tracii's version and its revolving door of mediocrity.

Tracii is a very underrated guitarist in my opinion, but to be honest, Stacey is a more than adequate replacement for him, so the real LA Guns doesnt lose anything by not having Tracii in the band.

I'm not even sure how Steve got hold of part ownership seeing as he wasnt on the debut album (other than his picture) and left after Hollywood vampires, only to return for the god awful hardcore album.

That said, I'm just glad he or Phil was able to maintain some of the rights, as otherwise we'd have to put up with Tracii's version and its revolving door of mediocrity.

Tracii is a very underrated guitarist in my opinion, but to be honest, Stacey is a more than adequate replacement for him, so the real LA Guns doesnt lose anything by not having Tracii in the band.

On that Metal Show Tracii admits that he gave Steven 50% ownership but I don't think he says when that was.

I'm assuming it was either during the American Hardcore years or somewhere around the time that Phil, Kelly and Mick were no longer in the band. He also says that Steven owes Phil a whole lot of money as well and Phil just deals with it to make a living off of touring. I assume from him statements that Steve somehow runs the publishing of the albums that have been released since their major label days.