L.A. Guns vs. L.A. Guns

heaven&hell

I was perfectly happy not caring about L.A. Guns. Now all I see everywhere is people complain about how stupid Tracii is. It's not just Tracii, it's the whole thing top to bottom. Everything about it is stupid. Is there any way to settle this? Get Dr. Phil to act as a mediator to settle the problem? Everyone can have a good cry and put the most legitimate version of L.A. Guns back together.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was perfectly happy not caring about L.A. Guns. Now all I see everywhere is people complain about how stupid Tracii is. It's not just Tracii, it's the whole thing top to bottom. Everything about it is stupid. Is there any way to settle this? Get Dr. Phil to act as a mediator to settle the problem? Everyone can have a good cry and put the most legitimate version of L.A. Guns back together.

If you don't care then why do you keep posting about them? :unsure:

And yes it is Tracii's fault. He quit the band for what he thought was greener pastures and then started a different version of the same band. Who elses fault would it be? :screwy:

• 3 weeks later...

I saw LA Guns on the Cocked and Loaded tour and they totally ruled, then I saw Tracii's version at Rocklahoma. I didn't know about the two different versions at the time. When they took the stage I was getting a beer so from far away paul black looked like phil lewis.....then he started "singing". WHAT THE FUCK?!? I thought Phil was on heroin or some shit it was horrible. They tried to "heavy up" One More reason. Sounded like shit. I was shocked at how bad it was and then I realized that wasn't phil and then I went to get a look at the drummer and it wasn't Steve. One of my friends filled me in on what had been going on so I found Tales From The Strip and bought it. There was MY LA Guns and Tracii had nothing to do with it.

In short Tracii's version is horrible Phil and Steve's rules.

Fuck Tracii Guns.

I saw LA Guns on the Cocked and Loaded tour and they totally ruled, then I saw Tracii's version at Rocklahoma. I didn't know about the two different versions at the time. When they took the stage I was getting a beer so from far away paul black looked like phil lewis.....then he started "singing". WHAT THE FUCK?!? I thought Phil was on heroin or some shit it was horrible. They tried to "heavy up" One More reason. Sounded like shit. I was shocked at how bad it was and then I realized that wasn't phil and then I went to get a look at the drummer and it wasn't Steve. One of my friends filled me in on what had been going on so I found Tales From The Strip and bought it. There was MY LA Guns and Tracii had nothing to do with it.

In short Tracii's version is horrible Phil and Steve's rules.

Fuck Tracii Guns.

I've read so many stories like this about LAG at Rocklahoma.

It really makes me wonder why the hell the event organizers would want that band back for this year.

Tracii has be blowing someone for them to get gigs. :lol:

The more I hear about L.A. Guns the more I hate them. I'm starting to wish both bands would disappear so people would shut up about it. They were a second rate band at best and would be no real loss if gone.

What the hell are you on about?!?!?! :yikes:

LA Guns were/are a sensational band.

I don't know whether you're just making these comments to stir the pot a bit, but saying that LA Guns were only a 2nd rate band just highlights your naievity on the issue. I bet if they were from Tulsa you'd be telling us they were the best band in the world.

The comments on the vocal style were waaay off... saying they they are suited to candy coated glam. These guys were the pioneers of sleaze.

And the albums.... s/t , cocked and loaded and hollywood vampires are some of the top albums in the genre. Even some of their later stuff is top quality - tales form the strip and waking the dead. I'm guessing you haven't really listened to the LA Guns before.

If you dislike them that much, why are you in this thread anyway? Surely there's a thread soemwhere discussing generic hair metal that you'd like far more.

I bet if they were from Tulsa you'd be telling us they were the best band in the world.

:rofl2:

You've got it wrong there Glam Junkie. L.A. Guns is the definition of generic. Most of the music I listen to is defined by originality. That's why you never see me kissing Poison or Motley Crue's arse either. Just a couple decent bands that managed to find a successful niche. I've heard Cocked & Loaded and Hollywood Vampires. It bored me. Other than a couple tracks like 17 Crash I couldn't find anything memorable.

I was there at Rocklahoma. I saw L.A. Guns and they weren't that bad. Trainwreck Taime has even been forgotten in favor of the Tracii Guns smearing. People who went to that show were bitching about everything. It didn't matter the artist, there was still someone out there complaining about them. I'm sure there were even people out there somewhere complaining about Dokken and they smoked everyone. The bitching continues even now. On the Rocklahoma boards people were trying to lynch Sam because his label will have a tent at this years event. Their ticket will cost the same no matter what and they're still mad. Just goes to show that some people can't be pleased.

You've got it wrong there Glam Junkie. L.A. Guns is the definition of generic. Most of the music I listen to is defined by originality.

How the hell does the band that practically invented the Sleaze genre lack orignality?

And how the hell are they the definition of generic?

I would think the second and third generation bands would be the ones that are generic and unoriginal.

I bet if they were from Tulsa you'd be telling us they were the best band in the world.

:rofl2:

:whistle::rofl2:

You've got it wrong there Glam Junkie. L.A. Guns is the definition of generic. Most of the music I listen to is defined by originality.

How the hell does the band that practically invented the Sleaze genre lack orignality?

And how the hell are they the definition of generic?

I would think the second and third generation bands would be the ones that are generic and unoriginal.

Backed....

Just because a band is from Tulsa doesn't mean that I give a crap about them. There were many bands from the area I know about and haven't really mentioned on this site. I only talk about the bands that caught my attention. I truely believe that Detective, Jungle Blue, and L.O.U.D. were great bands that deserved so much better. I'm not a huge fan of Doxy either. I think their music is good, but Kevin Bunch can't sing. What this has to do with L.A. Guns is beyond me. None of those bands have sounds that are even somewhat close to L.A. Guns, which is probably why I like them so much.

Honestly, it doesn't matter when a band came out or if they were first or not. Just because they were first doesn't mean they were best. Originality still has to sound good. L.A. Guns do not. This whole arguement is stupid anyway. The reason I got so mad about it is because everyone is kicking Tracii Guns. Who cares if Tracii is a jackass? He's not the only one to blame for L.A. Guns woes. If they would have had some kind of solid lineup for any length of time there wouldn't be a problem now. Everybody keeps saying Phil Lewis is L.A. Guns. Where the hell was he when Jizzy Pearl, Chris Van Dahl, and whoever else became the lead singer at that moment in time? Tracii Guns is L.A. Guns whether anyone wants to admit that or not. Without him there would have been no band. Phil may have been the sound of the band, but he has no more claim to the name than Tracii.

I wish those two could bury the hatchet so this whole stupid arguement would die.

• 3 months later...

from melidicrock looks like the guns have a new singer. I really liked Marty and would be interested in how he would sound in this. this isn't the first time 2 bands have gone out and toured with the same name. back in the 60's this happened a few times, maybe the Temptations had a big thing like this happen.

"LA GUNS VERSION 2337:

This is fast becoming a bit of a farce, but the Tracii Guns version of LA Guns has moved on from being shafted by previous singer Paul Black (see the Metal Sludge message boards for that soap opera) and has hired RockStar: Inxs finalist Marty Casey as their new singer - all this while the Phil Lewis version of the band lives on....

This press release just in:

"The rock n roll band, L.A. Guns, featuring guitarist Tracii Guns has some big news heading into their Summer Blackout Tour 2008. The band will be hitting the road this month with a couple of new members on board. In addition to Tracii Guns on lead guitar, Jeremy Guns will be on bass along with Chad Stewart on drums, and the band has enlisted new rhythm guitar player Alec "Big Al" Bauer, who has been touring with the band since 2007.

Marty Casey, the "new blonde guy", as the band has affectionately referred to him on their website, is the new voice of L.A. Guns. Casey gained recognition as a vocalist along with millions of fans during his run on the hit CBS show Rock Star: Inxs. He was also instrumental in writing and creating new material on the upcoming L.A. Guns album.

The boys of L.A. Guns have another "big gun" in their pocket. The band is currently in Canada recording their new album with Multi Grammy Award Winning Producer Steve Thompson. Tracii describes the album by saying, "this definitely will not be your father's L.A. GUNS and the music is slightly more advanced and the lyrics are more introspective, without losing the fun nature of our Rock n Roll."

That sounds, er....interesting..."

looking at the picture of the current line-up, they do not look like a band that should be going under the name "LA Guns". They are just running into the ground a band which was once one of the best in the genre.

I met Tracii a few time son the Brides Of Destruction tour and he was a top bloke, but he should just drop the LA Guns idea.

0603lag.jpg

looking at the picture of the current line-up, they do not look like a band that should be going under the name "LA Guns". They are just running into the ground a band which was once one of the best in the genre.

I met Tracii a few time son the Brides Of Destruction tour and he was a top bloke, but he should just drop the LA Guns idea.

0603lag.jpg

Is that a grown up version of SamboraRocks86 on the left?? ;)

0603lag.jpg

Nothing bonds a band more then going to the same hairdresser...

0603lag.jpg

Nothing bonds a band more then going to the same hairdresser...

Special at "the sunglass hut" - buy 2 pairs, get 1 free

Well.... I'll tell ya..... I'd rather see the newest Tracii version of LA Guns then the one with Paul Black. Wether it's really LA Guns or not, this line up should be better, or at least more entertaining then the one fronted by Black.

As soon as I read the news I thought about this thread. I have to say that I can in no way, shape, or form support Tracii's version now. At least with Paul Black they could claim to have some legitimacy since he was the singer before Phil Lewis. This version is just Tracii, his son, and random musicians. LA Guns has become the saddest story of a band to come out of the 80's. It's like a bad reality show that just won't stop.

I wasn't hearing anything good about the band with Paul, at least now I'm kind of looking forward to seeing them with their new singer.

As soon as I read the news I thought about this thread. I have to say that I can in no way, shape, or form support Tracii's version now. At least with Paul Black they could claim to have some legitimacy since he was the singer before Phil Lewis. This version is just Tracii, his son, and random musicians. LA Guns has become the saddest story of a band to come out of the 80's. It's like a bad reality show that just won't stop.

This is the same ole shit Tracii does all the time...that's why I say

Phil's version is better...

• 2 weeks later...

This is the same ole shit Tracii does all the time...that's why I say

Phil's version is better...

Backed. Phil>Tracii.

I am going to be seeing the Tracii version at Dakota Rockfest next month though, at least Paul Black won't be there.

Tracii really, really just needs to let the name go.

I agree. With Marty the should change the name. That would make it a credible band.

• 3 weeks later...