Hello

i had this experience today:

i received a cd that i won 1 month ago, only to discover that it is the russian, cd-maximum version. In the description it was stated that it's a "european import".

I am completely dissatisfied with this fact, and it's stated clearly on the CD that it should not be sold outside Russia and the Baltic states. Besides, on the ebay page of the item it is stated as item location "uk", while my cd was shipped from Russia.

can i claim a refund for this? I never opened the cd, it's still sealed.

Hello

i received a cd that i won 1 month ago, only to discover that it is the russian, cd-maximum version. In the description it was stated that it's a "european import".

I am completely dissatisfied with this fact, and it's stated clearly on the CD that it should not be sold outside Russia and the Baltic states. Besides, on the ebay page of the item it is stated as item location "uk", while my cd was shipped from Russia.

Was it from Nitro music in the UK?

Hello

Was it from Nitro music in the UK?

Sounds like it, doesn't it?

Two Ebay sellers, Nitro music and Selling on Adrenalin (or similar names), are the same people who run the NuclearHell website. They sell Baltic State CDs. Personally, I have no problem with that, having bought a good number of CDs from them in the past. Generally, the prices are lower, the quality is good, and often there are bonus tracks that are not available in the states. I am more interested in the music than where the CD is from.

I know there are many on this board who would disagree with me because they are collectors or because they have problems with the legality of these CDs (especially artists like Blue Charvel), but that is where I stand at this time.

Personally, if the item listing says "import," but does not say where it is from, suspect that it is one of these CDs. If it says "Eastern European import," it IS a Baltic State CD. When in doubt, email the seller.

Two Ebay sellers, Nitro music and Selling on Adrenalin (or similar names), are the same people who run the NuclearHell website. They sell Baltic State CDs. Personally, I have no problem with that, having bought a good number of CDs from them in the past. Generally, the prices are lower, the quality is good, and often there are bonus tracks that are not available in the states. I am more interested in the music than where the CD is from.

I know there are many on this board who would disagree with me because they are collectors or because they have problems with the legality of these CDs (especially artists like Blue Charvel), but that is where I stand at this time.

Personally, if the item listing says "import," but does not say where it is from, suspect that it is one of these CDs. If it says "Eastern European import," it IS a Baltic State CD. When in doubt, email the seller.

I agree 100%.....

it's "selling on adrenaline" indeed

what do you propose me to do?

Email the seller and explain the situation and your feelings about the cd origins. Maybe the seller will be willing to work things out with you.....

Their shipping is pretty high. It was probable about $8 if I remember right, and they won't refund that after all is said and done, not to mention the $$$ you'll spend on shipping it back :whistle:

I'd put it in the books as "lesson learned" and pay for and keep the CD. Don't worry about the quality ... it will be very good.

Nitro Music does not ship to most countries in Europe (Germany) and there is a good reason why ... ! :whistle:

• 2023 Gold Donors

While I prefure US, Japanese and European release, I do have a few of these. I too learned my lesson the hard way my purchasing the "import" without clarifying where it was from. I have not had any problems with them though. The sound is good and the artwork is professional.

There is alot of them selling the Russian cd's on eBay again........Just check out Richie Kotzen "Into The Black"....every second one is a Russian copy and I even think it may be the same seller under 2 different names <_<

There is alot of them selling the Russian cd's on eBay again........Just check out Richie Kotzen "Into The Black"....every second one is a Russian copy and I even think it may be the same seller under 2 different names <_<

:unsure: Bit strange.......A week ago there was a heap of them....... Now there is none.......I wonder if the record company may have anything to do with that ???????

This happens often, one minute there is a heap of them, next minute they are gone only to resurface at a later date and usually under a new eBay I.D :unsure:

Yeah, darkplace and heavymusicstore are the same seller. They ship out of Finland, I believe.

i have bought from them many times except for the high shipping cost i have had no problems with either getting my stuff or bad products! cds play fine, are proffesional made with good booklets

• 1 month later...

I just bought two CDs on Ebay that turned out to be Russian issues:

Seller = dd_records

WASP - Dominator (Demolition/Rockwrox Inc.)

Akira Kajiyama & Joe Lynn Turner - Fire Without Flame (AOR Heaven/Mystic Empire)

Both CD are sealed, the seller was located in Las Vegas, the prices were competitive, and the feedback was very good. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the auction did list the Russian label with the main label.

I'm chalking it up as a lesson learned and I will have to do my homework from now on.