Things Ive learned today

hardrock80srule

I've learned today that the new Asia CD Is the dogs bollocks!!

you expected something else.... :unsure:

I had High expectations and they were just about all met thankyou. ;)

Will I like it, Jez? I liked 'Heat of the moment' and a few tracks off that disc. In fact, I quite like a lot of Asia's stuff. Not my favourite band, but I always enjoyed it. Is the new album a throwback to their heyday?

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will I like it, Jez? I liked 'Heat of the moment' and a few tracks off that disc. In fact, I quite like a lot of Asia's stuff. Not my favourite band, but I always enjoyed it. Is the new album a throwback to their heyday?

Jeez - You surprise me there mate. Would have thought you would have Hated Asia's stuff. Anyways, the new one is quite laid back over all. A couple of really nice upbeat AOR tracks, but some more softer pieces as well (a couple of really nice ballads 'Heroin' especially'). I would say it has elements of the debut and 'Alpha', the songwriting is unmistakable, but there are also elements of the more Wetton/Downes stuff in there as well (if you are familiar with that). Give it a try, I will be interested to see what you think.

Jeez - You surprise me there mate. Would have thought you would have Hated Asia's stuff. Anyways, the new one is quite laid back over all. A couple of really nice upbeat AOR tracks, but some more softer pieces as well (a couple of really nice ballads 'Heroin' especially'). I would say it has elements of the debut and 'Alpha', the songwriting is unmistakable, but there are also elements of the more Wetton/Downes stuff in there as well (if you are familiar with that). Give it a try, I will be interested to see what you think.

I never got around to the Wetton/Downes stuff to be honest. People always recommended it to me but everytime I listened to some of it it just sounded way too light.

I'd have to revisit my comments on the main board, but I'm pretty sure I like all Asia albums to some extent. It's been a while since I heard them, but they always were a nice listen. Love the vocals too. I'll try to check the new one out.

I learned the hard way today that legal people are fuckin' useless !!! :angryfire:

I've learned that Swazi hates lawyers and I don't know where Scotland is.

Oh, and I've learned that Wes is moving to Wyoming to become a Rodeo Clown.

Today I learned that life is precious and should be treated as such.

Today I learned that Anberlin's 'Cities' is better than I thought, but still not that good an album compared to their others.

Oh, and I've learned that Wes is moving to Wyoming to become a Rodeo Clown.

Who told you that? That was a secret. :unsure:

Seriously I knew someone that was a Rodeo Clown. He'd leave for months at a time and make real good money then come home for a few weeks and then go back on the road.

I learned today in professor izzy's class dat us americeens don't know no

geology stuff..we'z nott viry smart....hahahha

I learned today that it is not just American peeps that don't know their Geography.

I learned that on the main page of this website every single comment about Steelhouse Lane's 'Slaves to the new world' is in absolute awe of the disc... except one clown called Mike who didn't like it. Loser.

I learned that I really don't give a f*ck anymore. About anything.

I learned today that Wotty's football team got relegated AGAIN and It makes me feel happy in my trousers!!

I learned today that Wotty's football team got relegated AGAIN and It makes me feel happy in my trousers!!

I learned today that Jez has happy trousers... :unsure:

My underwear is quite excited as well!!

I learned today that Jez has happy trousers... :unsure:

My underwear is quite excited as well!!

I like some dirty talk.... :popcorn:

Over the last few months I've learned that the Moon is a wimp.

Every evening I go outside and wave my fist at it but it does fuck all! Ha!

Over the next few months I'm gonna try and antagonise his stupid buddy the Sun.

Over the last few months I've learned that the Moon is a wimp.

Every evening I go outside and wave my fist at it but it does fuck all! Ha!

Over the next few months I'm gonna try and antagonise his stupid buddy the Sun.

Careful with the Sun, Nick. I hear he's a bit of a hothead.

I have learned absolutly nothing today.

That sounds like 350 days of the year for me :anon:

I've learned that whilst being married allows you to appreciate beer even more than before, it also allows you to curse it for it's deliciously tempting nature.

I've learned when you go for a beer never trust somewhere your mate takes you for a quiet pint.....it inevitably turns out to be busy due to a christening and full of cricket players as well!

I learned today that Geoff has posted over 100 posts today - He either needs more work to do, or needs to get out more often :lol:

I learned today that Geoff has posted over 100 posts today - He either needs more work to do, or needs to get out more often :lol:

Wow, that is hardcore. Something to note, though, is that that is the 24 hour period. So that means from midday yesterday (5 hours) until midday today (3 hours) I have done this. I rule, don't I? Come on, admit it. This is living.