Who is 'vegascds' ?

You fucking retard, of course I will give you negative feedback! You leave it for me, I leave it for you...simple fucking arithmetic, genius. Why would I let you get away unscathed for leaving me a neg? That's like hawking a loogie in the face of God Himself. If you don't like me, my behavior, or what some would call "questionable" product, then you can stick a cactus up your ass for all I care. I am a steamrollin' motherfucker, motherfucker, and I will steamroll over you, this website, and anyone who dares belittle my massive hair-metal empire! Fuck you, I don't want your support and I will block you from bidding on my eBay stuff that you don't want anyway, and then I will contact Thor the Thunder God and have him wipe you from the face of this planet which I will soon have under my boot (no pun intended). You are nothing to me, an insignificant speck. I don't want your money...in fact, I so much don't want it, I used it to purchase more ink cartridges for my copier (you got any idea how many CD covers I can do with $60?). You are a fucking worthless piece of shit and I am done with you. Consider yourself crushed, asswipe.

(Since Sam can no longer speak for himself on these boards, I thought I would do it for him. :) )

Hey Mark......I know Sam thanks you for coming to his aid like that!!!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You fucking retard, of course I will give you negative feedback! You leave it for me, I leave it for you...simple fucking arithmetic, genius. Why would I let you get away unscathed for leaving me a neg? That's like hawking a loogie in the face of God Himself. If you don't like me, my behavior, or what some would call "questionable" product, then you can stick a cactus up your ass for all I care. I am a steamrollin' motherfucker, motherfucker, and I will steamroll over you, this website, and anyone who dares belittle my massive hair-metal empire! Fuck you, I don't want your support and I will block you from bidding on my eBay stuff that you don't want anyway, and then I will contact Thor the Thunder God and have him wipe you from the face of this planet which I will soon have under my boot (no pun intended). You are nothing to me, an insignificant speck. I don't want your money...in fact, I so much don't want it, I used it to purchase more ink cartridges for my copier (you got any idea how many CD covers I can do with $60?). You are a fucking worthless piece of shit and I am done with you. Consider yourself crushed, asswipe.

(Since Sam can no longer speak for himself on these boards, I thought I would do it for him. :) )

Hey Mark......I know Sam thanks you for coming to his aid like that!!!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

are you sure its not SAM great IMPERSONATION

I've bought from Sam in the past and have had great luck with his stuff....he does swear on his life that the Hurricane Take What You Want disc is an original that I purchased from him last year. It does look legit but who know's anymore with all the Hurricane shit that's been going around.

Well, I won vegascds eBay auction, paid $ 60 USD for the CD + $ 15 for reg. shipping, and I received a bootleg today... Very nice! Just curious, does anybody know who this seller is?

Is it a sliver-pressed bootleg, or CDR?

OMR (Old Metal Records) has been releasing some of the Laaz Rockit back catalog on semi-official basis (band approved, but not legally sound), on silvepressed CDs (with quite minimalistic booklets, but for dirt-cheap prices - $6.50 wholease).

So make your mind - I'd say anything over $10-15 for this CD would be a rip-off, considering it is either OMR, or CDR boot... in any case, hate to say it, but since "vegascds" has been a hot topic on this forum for ages, it is completely your fault for falling into their bootleg sales.. .take a note for next time ;)

Well, I won vegascds eBay auction, paid $ 60 USD for the CD + $ 15 for reg. shipping, and I received a bootleg today... Very nice! Just curious, does anybody know who this seller is?

Is it a sliver-pressed bootleg, or CDR?

OMR (Old Metal Records) has been releasing some of the Laaz Rockit back catalog on semi-official basis (band approved, but not legally sound), on silvepressed CDs (with quite minimalistic booklets, but for dirt-cheap prices - $6.50 wholease).

So make your mind - I'd say anything over $10-15 for this CD would be a rip-off, considering it is either OMR, or CDR boot... in any case, hate to say it, but since "vegascds" has been a hot topic on this forum for ages, it is completely your fault for falling into their bootleg sales.. .take a note for next time ;)

No, it's not OLD METAL RECORDS re-issue... It's silver pressed CD, but booklet and back insert have a photocopy 'quality'. Very fuzzy (and missing details) as well as the printing on the CD itself. The inserts are copies of the original SPV ones.

My other (original) CDs from the SPV series have holographic letters on the disc center which look like this: CDP-BERLIN 04-7549 01 ... This is taken from Tokyo Blade - Blackhearts..., but all others have the same form: CDP-BERLIN + catalogue number

This Laaz Rockit has the holographic letters as well.... buy it says: NO STRANGER TO DANGER

I have City's gonna burn and Know Your Enemy released by Old Metal Records too... Yeah, they're maybe boots as well, but I paid $12 for each, and they look good, booklet and inserts have good quality printing as well as CD has...

and btw... No Stranger To Danger was NEVER re-issued!

I don't know for sure cuz I don't have it but I could almost swear that Old Metal reissued "No Stranger To Danger" as well... I vaguely remember reading a combination review of both "City's Gonna Burn" and "No Stranger To Danger" in Metal Maniacs magazine some years back... I could be wrong tho, and I'm too lazy to go digging through all my old magazines to find it. :lol:

You're right Fat Freddy, "No Stranger To Danger" was reissued by Old Metal Records I'd say about 5 years back - I just checked my copy and it's Old Metal Records. I also have "Annihilation Principle" on Old Metal as well as Grim Reaper - See You In Hell, Sorceror - 2, and Cities - Annihilation Absolute. May even have another 1 or 2 from Old Metal Records lying around. Fowley sure reissued some good ones. He's/Deceased is coming to play several minutes from where I live on the 24th of this month and I may just have to check it out - that is if I'm not too run down from Ozzfest on the 22nd.

I have City's gonna burn and Know Your Enemy released by Old Metal Records too... Yeah, they're maybe boots as well, but I paid $12 for each, and they look good, booklet and inserts have good quality printing as well as CD has...

and btw... No Stranger To Danger was NEVER re-issued!

I don't know for sure cuz I don't have it but I could almost swear that Old Metal reissued "No Stranger To Danger" as well... I vaguely remember reading a combination review of both "City's Gonna Burn" and "No Stranger To Danger" in Metal Maniacs magazine some years back... I could be wrong tho, and I'm too lazy to go digging through all my old magazines to find it. :lol:

I found the magazine ad last night... the label that has reissued CITY'S GONNA BURN is called "Old School Metal Records" or "OSM" (not to be confused with King Fowley's "Old Metal Records" I assume?) and they've also released a live Laaz Rockit DVD called LIVE UNTOLD ... you can find more info at http://www.osmrecords.net

I have not been able to be on the board much lately. So can someone explain what happened to get Sam baneed? If there is a thread that explains it, could someone please post the link?

Thanks.

This Laaz Rockit has the holographic letters as well.... buy it says: NO STRANGER TO DANGER

Sounds like you got the Greek bootie.

I'm still waiting for the Laaz Rockit CD I ordered from Sonic Age Records, which I'm sure will be bootleg as well... Looks like I will have two Greek bootlegs... :wacko: Anyway, I'd still love to have the original one, but this seems to be a big problem :)

He also would have said one other thing along the lines of......."Why the fuck you moron would you want to buy an original when you could buy 5 cheap fuckin' Bootlegs for that price ?????????? Who's the fuckin' dumb ass????????? Not me !!!!"

I have not been able to be on the board much lately. So can someone explain what happened to get Sam baneed? If there is a thread that explains it, could someone please post the link?

Thanks.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=14406

Thanks.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=14406

Thanks, Dan.

I won one of his "Time Warp" releases out of curiosity. It was Rob Rocks DRIVER release. I already owned the original and couldnt resist to see what kind of quality this bootleg was.

It was pretty bad. Cheap printed liner notes, and a CD-R hahahaha.

I know I wont be buying anymore discs from this dude.

Love how hes able to slap bogus barcodes, and create bogus reissue labels from Italy, and get away with it on ebay for all these years!

I won one of his "Time Warp" releases out of curiosity. It was Rob Rocks DRIVER release. I already owned the original and couldnt resist to see what kind of quality this bootleg was.

It was pretty bad. Cheap printed liner notes, and a CD-R hahahaha.

I know I wont be buying anymore discs from this dude.

Love how hes able to slap bogus barcodes, and create bogus reissue labels from Italy, and get away with it on ebay for all these years!

Has anyone complained to E-bay about this guy selling boots?

I know this is going to be unexpected, but this time I'm going to come down on Sam's side, at least with respect to the Laaz Rockit CDs, assuming my hazy memory is correct.

These Laaz Rockit reissues have been grey market for a long long time. I remember buying a few of them at Ultrasound 2000 directly from Century Media's table. They were on Old Metal, True Metal, or some other similarly-named quasi-official-unofficial reissue label. I no longer have the discs; they went in the big sell-off I had a few years back. If memory serves there was only a front card (or a 4-page booklet where the inside was blank). They had the SPV logo on the artwork, but the print quality was subpar. Definitely on the cheap.

So in this case, I believe Sam is simply reselling what is out there, as opposed to being the entity behind their creation...

-Dan

Dan, I can understand your point of view, BUT:

The item description says: "THIS LAAZ ROCKIT CD TITLED "NO STRANGER TO DANGER" WAS RELEASED IN 1985 BY SPV." So I expect THE original/official release. But this is not! It's a bootleg, even worse, it's a bootleg which is (better said, trying to be) 1:1 copy of the original SPV release (download this and you will see). No additional logos or anything, and peole who don't know that much about boots will pay $50+, receive fake CD and they won't find out it's not a real thing. To me, it's like you're paying a full price for cheap copy of Blue Mauritius.

And I'm pretty sure Sam does know it's a bootleg, he's in this business for some time, right? I knew it's a boot immediately I took the CD out of the envelope.

I would even have no problem with the OLD METAL RECORDS re-issue or whatever, but this should be stated and CLEAR in the item description!

Sam should change the item description to let people know, what they're really paying for.

I know this is going to be unexpected, but this time I'm going to come down on Sam's side, at least with respect to the Laaz Rockit CDs, assuming my hazy memory is correct.

These Laaz Rockit reissues have been grey market for a long long time. I remember buying a few of them at Ultrasound 2000 directly from Century Media's table. They were on Old Metal, True Metal, or some other similarly-named quasi-official-unofficial reissue label. I no longer have the discs; they went in the big sell-off I had a few years back. If memory serves there was only a front card (or a 4-page booklet where the inside was blank). They had the SPV logo on the artwork, but the print quality was subpar. Definitely on the cheap.

So in this case, I believe Sam is simply reselling what is out there, as opposed to being the entity behind their creation...

-Dan

I should add a few things:

I had the same problem with 2 sellers (different CDs) a few weeks ago, I paid huge $$$ and received bootlegs. One never responded to my emails, second just told me how can I prove he sent a bootleg. Both were reported to eBay... The reason I posted this thread was simple: I was just expecting the same problems and I wanted to ask if someone knows this seller, before I do further steps.... I'm really glad Sam wasn't playing 'games' and immediately refunded 50% of the final price. I do appreciate it, but he should change the way he does his business. That's all...

This is a little off topic, but I tried to download the LR boot link above, had some things go weird, and right now one of my external drives is not working at all. 225 GB of music on it! I will probably post in the tech section to see if anyone has any ideas on how to get it all back.

This is a little off topic, but I tried to download the LR boot link above, had some things go weird, and right now one of my external drives is not working at all. 225 GB of music on it! I will probably post in the tech section to see if anyone has any ideas on how to get it all back.

I must agree $60 is alot for a boot,even if he gave you a 50% refund that still does not justify him selling a boot.I would ask for the entire amount to be refunded,and send him his disc back cod.