Who is 'vegascds' ?

I must agree $60 is alot for a boot,even if he gave you a 50% refund that still does not justify him selling a boot.I would ask for the entire amount to be refunded,and send him his disc back cod.

When I sent him an email I didn't expect any response. So I was surprised he answered and even offered a 50% refund. And I accepted his offer, maybe because it's still better than my experience with the other two assholes selling bootlegs..

Agree.. $60 is too much for a bootleg like this, even $30 is normally unacceptable, but... I consider it a lesson learned to not deal with him anymore.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would even have no problem with the OLD METAL RECORDS re-issue or whatever, but this should be stated and CLEAR in the item description!

Sam should change the item description to let people know, what they're really paying for.

Actually, this has been my biggest beef with Sam and other bootleggers since day one: lack of full disclosure. His response has always been "people can always ask for their money back" which avoids the issue and puts the responsibility on the buyer rather than the seller.

Of course there's the whole issue that selling bootlegs being de facto prohibited on eBay, so of course no seller is going to come out and admit what they're selling.

Bootlegs have been part of the music "scene" since before I was born. Everyone know about them. I think that a bootleg of a long-out-of-print album that people are clamoring for is forgiven by most people, as long as it is disclosed as such... but don't try and hide it. There are plenty of times that I would purchase a boot if I were knowingly doing so (and I think others would as well). It's the deceit and trying to sell a boot as the real thing that gets my goat. If I wanna spend $20 on a boot for the sake of getting the music fine and dandy, but if, as a collector, I end up bidding up to $50 thinking I'm getting an original/legit pressing, and then wind up with a boot, I'm going to be fucking pissed...

-Dan

The obvious issue with spending big money on boots is that with current technology available in the home, boots can be churned out in huge amounts!

If you buy a rare or oop boot, you can just make a copy yourself that will look and sound pretty much as good as the one you just bought!

The only thing you should be paying big money for is originals, not copies, which is why, anyone selling boots should not rip people off by claiming its anything other than a copy.

I'm sure a lot of people here would be willing to part with $10 or so for a rare boot, and feel thats a fair price, but anything above that is just extortionate!

Of course the argument put forward by people selling these is "If people are willing to pay $xx for it, thats their choice!"

Only problem with that line of thought is that if people pay "$xx" its probably because there has not been full disclosure!

in this day and age of cd collecting you gotta be prepared to do your research, ask around , Google is amazing !!!!..in no ones defense..i love the rock-it and time warp re-issues, because if it werent for them that stuff would never see the light of day..on another note if any one wants any cdrs of the laaz rockit collection stuff ..i will be glad to set ya up for the price of the cdr and postage.......

A few days ago, I found this on eBay... US $39.99 buy it now price seemed too low, I wasn't sure if this isn't another boot, but I'm crazy enough so I bought it because I had very good experiences with sellers from Germany in the past.

It arrived today and... YES YES YES!!!! :banana::headbanger::banana::headbanger:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I think Steamhammer is a German label, so it makes sense it would be cheaper in Germany (more copies available there I'd assume).

I have always found Germany a great source of rare stuff though, even US label stuff.

• 1 month later...

We no longer have Vegascds' on Ebay, he is now called "themetalkingdom". Pretty soon he will be called "themetalkingdomofgod", later to become "thekingdomofgod" and eventually will simply settle for the name "god". ;)

We no longer have Vegascds' on Ebay, he is now called "themetalkingdom". Pretty soon he will be called "themetalkingdomofgod", later to become "thekingdomofgod" and eventually will simply settle for the name "god". ;)

This outta be good.... :popcorn:

Actually, that was pretty funny!! LOL

Yeah.... but you're easily amused :nyanya:

Yeah.... but you're easily amused :nyanya:

Well, he could have changed it to "emperor of the known universe" but that was taken.

:banana::whistle::bananamac::dance::rofl2::bowdown::nyanya:

I'd put some underscores (_) in between the words, otherwise themetalkingdom could be wrongly read as:

The Me Talking Dom

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I'd put some underscores (_) in between the words, otherwise themetalkingdom could be wrongly read as:

The Me Talking Dom

Now that was funny!