Cherry Suede

phaffas

Pretty Good stuff!!!

CDBaby is a great site. IMO what makes them really great is their search engine. You can really narrow down what you are looking for. The sound bites don't hurt either. Be careful if you have a problem with cdrs. Sometimes the cds are cdrs. Also check out the 5.00 bin.

Sandy

>> btw is cdbaby any good for buying stuff? <<

Derek and CD Baby are the best in the biz. As someone mentioned though, they DO allow the bands to sell CD-R's so if you don't like them double check and make sure you're getting the real deal.

* The reason they allow CD-R's is because some of the bands basically use CD Baby as a portal to iTunes, who CD Baby deals with. However, you can't JUST do that so they allow you to sell CD-R's.

I got the Cherry Suede CD today. Some very nice songs to be heard. Will appeal to fans of Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi (later albums) and perhaps fans of Goo Goo Dolls & the like...

btw, is cdbaby any good for buying stuff?

Just to echo what others have already said, CD Baby is a great place to buy CDs. Friendly service, quick shipping, reasonable prices...the works. Just double-check before ordering to make sure you're not getting a band-released CDR (if that sort of thing bothers you). For what it's worth, I've probably ordered from CD Baby 20 times in the last couple of years and only one time received a CDR.

Try placing 20 orders with Retrospect Records and see if you can say the same thing. <_<

(Sorry, I probably shouldn't pick on Retrospect since he's no longer here to defend himself... :banana: )

I got the Cherry Suede CD today. Some very nice songs to be heard. Will appeal to fans of Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi (later albums) and perhaps fans of Goo Goo Dolls & the like...

did you get that off cdbaby?

No I got it off E-Bay from a Canadian seller. Cost me $10 Canadian +postage

• 1 year later...

Colin sent this vid to me on Facebook, i like it!!

but i would say that now, wouldnt i :P

although tbh, i liked it before i saw the Bon Jovi comparisons :D

Guest cherrysuede

Hey Guys - It's Randy from Cherry Suede here - was checking out heavy harmonies and stumbled on this forum

just want to say thanks for being into the band! I saw old posts on here about CD baby - Derek at CD Baby is top notch - we used both their CD and web services for years. 10 on 10

Also saw someone posted the link to When I'm Gone - one of our new tracks..

As a thank you for just being into the music - anyone who wants the mp3 or even the CD quality file - message me and i'd be happy to set you up with a free copy if you like the song.

Thanks again!!

RY

Hey Guys - It's Randy from Cherry Suede here - was checking out heavy harmonies and stumbled on this forum

just want to say thanks for being into the band! I saw old posts on here about CD baby - Derek at CD Baby is top notch - we used both their CD and web services for years. 10 on 10

Also saw someone posted the link to When I'm Gone - one of our new tracks..

As a thank you for just being into the music - anyone who wants the mp3 or even the CD quality file - message me and i'd be happy to set you up with a free copy if you like the song.

Thanks again!!

RY

how about a free cd for the guy who started this thread :)

:tumbsup:

SUBTLE!

:whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Got the album this morning, and I have to say its more akin to Bryan Adams than Bon Jovi for the most part.

There are some Jovi moments, and even the odd Leppard moment, but over all its very similar to Waking up the neighbours era Adams, which is still no bad thing.

Dont think anything rocks as hard as the new track, but its still a cool mid paced melodic rock CD that I am glad I stumbled on thanks to facebook of all things!!!

• 3 years later...

Saw these guys live in London last night and they were truly awesome, and a great bunch of guys.

Picked up the new album while I was there as its not available online yet, and while I am only in the middle of spinning it at the moment, I have loved what I have heard so far. Once again the Bryan Adams/Jovi sound is obvious, but they do it so well, hell last night they even covered Summer of 69.

They certainly rock harder live than on record, but this is still a fine slab of mid paced rockers and ballads.

Anyone who liked the first album, will love this one as well. Only issue I have with it is its far too reliant on slower paced songs and ballads (but thats Adams and Jovi for you as well).

Never heard of this band before, so I went on the official site to listen to a few songs. First one was really soft, like a pop ballad, so I thought I'd check out 'When I'm Gone', as referred to above. The notes about the song say, "When I'm Gone" is probably the darkest and most aggressive-sounding Cherry Suede song yet", so I was looking forward to it, but ... it's another pop song. Or a really mellow Indie tune. Sorry, but not for me at all. Had a listen to a few more songs on iTunes and it sounds like almost every song by this band is an acoustic ballad!

Never mind, moving on...