I Have A Question For The Site....

SamboraRocks86

What do you do if you want to talk about something that isnt showing up in new posts?

well most people would say search to see if there is already a thread, others would start a thread on it without searching...

now ive noticed two things on other forums, firstly, its frowned upon to start a thread that already exists, secondly, folks dont like it when you ressurcet a thread thats been dead for a year.

so what to do if its already had a thread about but hasnt been touched for a year or so?

i only asked cause i was looking for a thread about Brother Firetribe (one of my new favourite bands) and the only one i found solely for BF was about their upcoming release (which was release 21st June 06)

In my opinion there can never be too many threads about Brother Firetribe. I believe Dan And Pete, one being the sites creator and the other being one of the sites administrator, both picked False Metal as their favorite release of 2006. Therefore I'm pretty sure they won't give you any crap about starting another thread. I started the original thread on Brother Firetribe about a year ago and I'd love to see what you have to say about my favorite release of the past year.

Yea, sometimes it's fun to dredge up an old thread from the dead just to give the new blood on the board a chance to join in too. :drink:

I'm infamous for starting a thread about a topic that already has a thread, whether it's five minutes old or five years old. Oh well, it happens. I wouldn't think it's anything to worry about. :)

Go for it m'man! :drink:

I don't think anybody here has a problem with dredging up old threads and bringing them to life again. If there's a more current thread and you start a new one, somebody will point you to the other one with no malice whatsoever. We're not a bunch of anal retentives believe it or not, at least most of us aren't... :anon:

The main thing that's frowned upon around here (and rightly so IMHO) is bashing other people's opinions ala "Dude, that album sucks and you're an asshole for liking it" or something like that. You may get into some heavy debates without question, but rarely does it degenerate into name calling and genuine animosity although there is a bad apple or two around that may. In general this board seems a bit more "grown up" for lack of a better word than a lot of the other sites out there. That's why I've been here since '02 (that and I like wasting time at work...). :)

...but rarely does it degenerate into name calling and genuine animosity although there is a bad apple or two around that may. In general this board seems a bit more "grown up" for lack of a better word than a lot of the other sites out there. That's why I've been here since '02 (that and I like wasting time at work...). :)

:agree: This forum is made of gentlemen, which is VERY rare nowaday.

About digging old threads : I don't think it's a problem, agree with the comments above.

If there's a more current thread and you start a new one, somebody will point you to the other one with no malice whatsoever. We're not a bunch of anal retentives believe it or not, at least most of us aren't... :anon:

yeah, the main thing that I do when a duplicate thread is made is bring the other one up so the poster can find a lot of answers because for me personally, If I've already had "that" discussion I may not want to do it again so if a lot of other posters feel like that you will not get a big response and think no one cares when in fact there is another thread that may answer a lot of questions.

Go for it...you might bring a different perspective to something old....

That's right , you may even be able to come up with a word that is greater than "GOD" to describle the phenomenon known as :bowdown: Paul Rodgers :whistle: When you do, let me know what it is so I can use it :lol:

Go for it...you might bring a different perspective to something old....

That's right , you may even be able to come up with a word that is greater than "GOD" to describle the phenomenon known as :bowdown: Paul Rodgers :whistle: When you do, let me know what it is so I can use it :lol:

Absolutely, let me know too. I don't see it, but miracles have been known to happen. :woot:

Old threads with new info is no problem for me. If I had new info about say, Brother Firetribe, I would start a new one with a new heading. That way it's different from the old one. But hey, what do I know. It took me a few years to get "accepted" into this band of bruthas and sistas. <_<