So the other thread where I mentioned Caiman does not get hijacked, I decided to start a separate thread on this seller.

What do you think of them?

All things considered, I think they suck.

Admittedly, the items I order from Caiman are usually more obscure than your regular CD that you can buy at WalMart, but I am sure my fill rate from Caiman hovers at 50-60%, which is horrible. Still, I order from them when they easily have the best price on something I want, just in case they can deliver.

But if it is something I really want, and they are the best price by far (or the only one carrying it), I know I have a 30-40% chance it will be filled.

Some other points:

They constantly list an item as SHIPPED on Amazon and Half.com, even when it is on backorder. I don't find out it is on backorder till I contact them 2-3 weeks later and Claire tells me "Oh yeah, it's on backorder. Please let us know if you would like to cancel the order."

They also will keep an item listed on those two sites, even though it is on backorder and they have no idea at all when they will get it in stock. I have confronted them on this several times, and got no direct answer to this matter at all.

IMO, if they think they MIGHT be able to get it within the next year, they list it.

That doesn't sound good. I think I've ordered from them 4 or 5 times over the last year and I've gotten everything I've ordered without any problems. I wouldn't say they're the fastest shipper in the world or anything, but I did get the stuff I ordered. :)

Like I mentioned in the other thread about Caiman, I ordered one thing from them(From the Inside) and after waiting 3 or 4 weeks I finally contacted them and they said it was on backorder(even though it said In Stock when I ordered it). I got a refund the next day and don't plan on dealing with them ever again.

Their rating sucks and with good reason.

Geez, Wes, you hate this seller so much that you felt you had to post your message three times? That's hardcore, bro. :blink:

Geez, Wes, you hate this seller so much that you felt you had to post your message three times? That's hardcore, bro. :blink:

Yes I'm not a big fan of this seller but I didn't mean to post it 3 times.

I was having problems with getting my post to go through and it even said 'cannot find server', so I was a little suprised to see that I posted the same thing 3 times.

I cannot remember the specific CD, but a buddy of mine ordered it through Caiman and told me about it after it was already on backorder, and he mentioned the price. I told him to cancel the order and get it through NuclearHell.com, because counting shipping costs he was paying about $7-8 more.

Well, he decided to stick with Caiman. Meanwhile, I ordered it through NuclearHell.

Guess who got it first????

:rofl2:

He finally got his over two months after ordering it.

:doh:

I basically check everywhere else before I order from Caiman.

I was having problems with getting my post to go through and it even said 'cannot find server', so I was a little suprised to see that I posted the same thing 3 times.

I deleted the two extra ones, please don't yell at me, you know how fragile I am... ;)

I have bought many CD's from Caiman, either off ebay or geman Amazon, and never had any serious problems. They always arrived within a reasonable timeframe. :)

I deleted the two extra ones, please don't yell at me, you know how fragile I am... ;)

Thanks Pete for deleting my posts. :axe:

I'm kidding, thanks for making me look less stupid than I already do. :)

Thanks Pete for deleting my posts. :axe:

I'm kidding, thanks for making me look less stupid than I already do. :)

No worries, the Green Charvel thanks you for being so understanding. ;)

Have ordered a load of stuff from caiman over the years and have never had a single problem with them. Admittedly the shipping isn't the quickest, but usually everything has arrived within 10 days or so to the UK. Very good prices as well compared to over here.

As I said over on the "Dave" thread (sorry about the :hijack: ) I haven't had any problems with them. I have received my orders within a week after placing them and they are always new/sealed as stated. No problems with anything being back-ordered. Just got King Kobra - Ready To Strike from them today after ordering it on the 25th. Still waiting on Thrill of a Lifetime but they sent a separate email saying it went out 2 days after Ready To Strike. I guess I should consider myself lucky but maybe it's just my rugged good looks that has Claire getting my stuff out to me so speedily. :batman:

As I said over on the "Dave" thread (sorry about the :hijack: ) I haven't had any problems with them. I have received my orders within a week after placing them and they are always new/sealed as stated. No problems with anything being back-ordered. Just got King Kobra - Ready To Strike from them today after ordering it on the 25th. Still waiting on Thrill of a Lifetime but they sent a separate email saying it went out 2 days after Ready To Strike. I guess I should consider myself lucky but maybe it's just my rugged good looks that has Claire getting my stuff out to me so speedily. :batman:

:rofl2:

Does anyone know what Claire looks like ?? :P

Yep never had any problems with orders not being fulfilled at all. They always seem to be reasonably quick too. I've ordered at times bunches of up to 10 CD's (when I was sorting out my Kansas stuff from vinyl) and although they didn't all arrive at the same time I did receive them all within about 3 weeks.

Does anyone know what Claire looks like ?? :P

Im sure she's hot, generally girls named Claire are hot...

Never had any pb with Caiman, on the other hand you shouldn't be in a hurry... Same for DVDlegacy.

Ordered most of my Golden Earring back catalog through Caiman and never had a problem....about a week and a half wait but all good when it got here....just my 2 cents

I've never had a problem with them. Sometimes I have to wait a extra week for them to get it in but with the, you can keep track of status. I don't mind the extra time as long as I get it. I'd order from them anytime over someone else because I know I'll get it.

• 2 weeks later...

If it wasnt for Caiman, there would be huge holes in both my CD & DVD collection!

I'm willing to put up with the 2 weeks or so it usually takes to get stuff from them as their prices & reliability is awesome!

In the last two years I must have ordered from them over a 100 times, and a friend of mine also thinks they are the mutts nuts after I recomended them to him.

Fact is, if I look for a CD and I see Caiman as a seller, I will always order from them, even if there are sellers slightly cheaper!

If it wasnt for Caiman, there would be huge holes in both my CD & DVD collection!

I'm willing to put up with the 2 weeks or so it usually takes to get stuff from them as their prices & reliability is awesome!

In the last two years I must have ordered from them over a 100 times, and a friend of mine also thinks they are the mutts nuts after I recomended them to him.

Fact is, if I look for a CD and I see Caiman as a seller, I will always order from them, even if there are sellers slightly cheaper!

Man, that is so much the opposite of my experience with them! Wow! :blink: