Leverage - new singer

Stefan

leverage-2018-1024x564.jpg

Pekka Heino is replaced by Kimmo Blom (Urban Tale, Heartplay). New single out now and new album out soon.

Leverage:

Kimmo Blom - Vocals
Tuomas Heikkinen - Guitar
Mikko Salovaara - Guitar
Sami Norrbacka - Bass
Marko Niskala - Keyboards
Valtteri Revonkorpi - Drums

leverageofficial.com

FB

I agree...Pekka's voice is certainly unique......ironically was listening to previous Leverage releases this past week and was wondering if anything new was on the horizon.   I will miss Pekka on vocals for sure, but, being a fanatic fan of this genre of melodic rock, I can make the adjustment.....

I quite like the song, but agree the vocals aren't very powerful. Kimmo Blo was excellent fronting Urban Tale, as his voice suited that style of AOR...not sure here. Will have to hear the whole album

I have been craving new material from these guys quite a while. Excellent news that an album is coming. I'm echoing the opinions on the vocals. He sounds good IMO, but I'm so used to Heino that or will take some getting used to Mr Blom. But I'm sure I will as long as the songs are as strong as in the past. 

• 1 month later...

28828026_1694364973952880_31608660316154

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: We are excited to welcome back to the Frontiers' family the recently reunited Finnish Melodic Metal masters LEVERAGE!

Leverage landed on the scene with the independent release of their debut album, “Tides” in 2006. With their blend of Symphonic and Melodic Hard Rock, with some Progressive Metal twists, Leverage created a buzz on the scene and were signed by Frontiers for the release of their second album, "Blind Fire" in 2008 before moving to a different home for their next album, "Circus Colossus" (2009). The band became inactive not too long after the release of that album.

Somewhere during the lengthy hiatus, guitarist and band founder Tuomas Heikkinen started writing some heavy rock songs with Mikko Salovaara for Kimmo Blom to sing. This was at first more like ’therapy’....making music just for the sake of it. However, writing with Mikko and especially later, getting to play some Rainbow tribute gigs under the "Wolf Moon Rising" moniker, the guys started to get the feeling that the time was right to make the next step and bring back the sleeping monster that is LEVERAGE. The new lineup now includes Kimmo Blom (ex-Urban Tale) on vocals, Tuomas Heikkinen and Mikko Salovaara on guitar, Marko Niskala on keyboards, Sami Norrbacka on bass, and Valtteri Revonkorpi on drums.

"Of original Leverage members, Torsti Spoof had already switched his career to writing film scores and Pekka Hansio Heino was busy singing working with Brother Firetribe,” says Tuomas. "There’s never been any issues and nothing but brother-like friendship between any of us, it was just obvious that we couldn’t continue LEVERAGE as a heavy rock band with the same line-up. In a way, this is a circle closing. Kimmo was actually supposed to be the vocalist on the first pre-production demos of what became ’Tides’ back in the day, but he was too busy at that time with Urban Tale for it to happen."

Leverage’s new lineup already went into the studio and came up with an impressive single, “Red Moon Over Sonora”.

"It’s a blast to enter a new era with the new line-up and a renewed relationship with Frontiers, who we believe is the powerhouse for bands like us,” concludes Tuomas. "We’re super excited about the new music we’re working on right now and look forward to sharing it through new releases and playing live.”

You can expect new music very soon as the band is set to deliver a digital only EP this year and a new release to come in early 2019!

• My Little Pony

OK, how did I miss this announcement in January?? But now that I realise Pekka's not fronting the band, I'm not so excited. 

• 2 months later...

On 6/25/2018 at 2:07 PM, Crazysam said:

New song from the upcoming EP "The Devil's Turn" to be released in late August via Frontiers on digital download format only

35236538_1946932448677828_91271987125509

1. Dead Man’s Hand
2. Wheels From Hell
3. The Unicorn
4. Children Of Skyfall