FOUR56 - Edge Of The Storm

Stefan

539978_495383213806216_421970048_n.jpg?_

The more I listen to this the more I like it. Love those strings in the videos!

The cd is only available from their homepage.

From their website http://www.four56.com.au/store.html :

"A Heavy Rock 'Steampunk' band based in Melbourne Australia.

The independent, self financed album 'Edge of the Storm' continues to attract attention for its unique line-up and arrangements, combining classical strings with Heavy Rock guitars.

The album has captured the essence of traditional heavy rock bands and applied a modern spin using contemporary production and recording standards in producing songs described as dramatic, melodic and energetic.

Since the completion of the album, the overwhelming feedback has proven they have a broad appeal to a wide audience.

The album, DVD and other merchandise is available for purchase through our store on this site."

FOUR56:

Frank David - guitar, vocals

Manny Fernandez - bass

Dean Georgio - drums

facebook

612cJxlaZ2L._SS500.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Edge of the Storm
02. Stranded
03. Doin' All I Can
04. Touch Heaven
05. Dangerous
06. Invincible
07. All My Love
08. Destroyer
09. Always with You
10. The One
11. Southern Cross
12. Break
13. When I Grow Up
14. Always with You (String Version)

This sounds really good, some nice songs and choruses going on there. Investigation is needed.

F*** yeah!!! This sounds great!

Love this ... good tunes, the strings are pretty cool and the guitar solos are smokin'!!!

:headbanger:

My copy arrived from Oz this morning and I only ordered it on Monday.... really looking forward to spending the weekend with this one.

Have added this to the main pages too, so look forward to hearing others opinions on this ;)

My copy arrived from Oz this morning and I only ordered it on Monday.... really looking forward to spending the weekend with this one.

Have added this to the main pages too, so look forward to hearing others opinions on this ;)

Cool ... will have to order this one if my stuff on eBay sells. Are you still loving it?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else listened to this yet? I was about to order it today and listened to a few songs again just to make sure .... unfortunately, the percussion sound has put me off. I presume it's cymbals (I'm no expert on musical instruments!). Sounds like interference rather than a musical element and really ruins what are otherwise great songs. Runs through most of the music and I just can't bear it! Shame, as I love the tunes otherwise and this would have been one of my top albums of the year, but I won't be buying - I can't listen to the songs as all I can hear is that 'noise'. Gutted. :doh:

Yeah backed the production sounds awful - is it just the you tube uploads though? Anyone?

This. I might ask the question on the band's Facebook page ... but don't want to upset anyone. :unsure:

We need to know!

I got the CD last month and admittedly It's not the biggest production ever. it's is a bit on the trebley side and lacks bottom end, but nothing that struck me as unlistenable, even after 4 or 5 spins.

I got the CD last month and admittedly It's not the biggest production ever. it's is a bit on the trebley side and lacks bottom end, but nothing that struck me as unlistenable, even after 4 or 5 spins.

Does it have that really tinny percussion sound through most of the songs though? It might be something that doesn't bother everyone, but I just can't listen to it personally.

Yeah backed the production sounds awful - is it just the you tube uploads though? Anyone?

Listening on iTunes, the tinny cymbal racket is still there ... does that answer the question?

Shame, as I would definitely have bought this ... it would be a million times better even if they just took out the cymbals altogether. :doh:

I agree the production sounds like a bit of a put-off, and I wasn't sold immediately... but it sounds pretty cool. Kinda unique, to a point where I'd really need a few spins to see if I do like it or not, but it does sound worthy of a chance. Good hooks.

F*ck those Aussies are innovative people.

• 4 years later...