First Signal

Glen

not sure if anyone's read about this but this is apparently to be released by Frontiers in August.

Supposed to be 110% Harem Scarem sound according to Mario..........

Nice.

Turning out to be a hell of a year.

not sure if anyone's read about this but this is apparently to be released by Frontiers in August.

Supposed to be 110% Harem Scarem sound according to Mario..........

Nice.

Turning out to be a hell of a year.

Sounds awesome!

Now this is something I can get excited about. Love his track on Liberty & Justice, and his song on the Shining Line CD (? Is that the name of the band?) is the highlight - killer tune. Everytime I hear him I miss him so it'll be awesome to hear this. :)

Dennis Ward producing.....

If there was a smiley of Stimpy saying 'Oh Joy!' I'd put it here. This should be magnificent.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a facebook meesage from Andrew, saying he'd heard 6 rough mixes for the new album and it all sounded great. Cant wait to hear this! Never thought i'd hear another whole album of Harry!

Erik Martensson is writer as well (WET).

Cheers

Hopefully if they're claiming the Harem Scarem sound, they've found someone who is comparible to Pete Lesperance on guitar because sound-wise, I think he was Harem Scarem where as vocally, it was Harry. Claiming to sound like Harem Scarem creates some mighty big boots to fill. I'm anticipating a great album, but i'm not getting my hopes up for the HS sound and then a letdown if it doesn't follow through... Keeping an open mind... Keeping an open mind...

Hopefully if they're claiming the Harem Scarem sound, they've found someone who is comparible to Pete Lesperance on guitar because sound-wise, I think he was Harem Scarem where as vocally, it was Harry. Claiming to sound like Harem Scarem creates some mighty big boots to fill. I'm anticipating a great album, but i'm not getting my hopes up for the HS sound and then a letdown if it doesn't follow through... Keeping an open mind... Keeping an open mind...

looks like you're gonna get your wish mate! First 4 samples all sound like classic Scarem to me.

Like a cross of Higher and WOTW!

V nice.

looks like you're gonna get your wish mate! First 4 samples all sound like classic Scarem to me.

Like a cross of Higher and WOTW!

V nice.

Vintage Harem Scarem, hard not to do so with Harry on vox. Call me excited!!!

• 3 months later...

Ok.... finally got through an entire first spin without interruption. I must say that I'm impressed. Its similar to HS enough to make me happy and enough to at least fill the claim that it would, but still different enough to not make them HS clones. Kind of like the Doctor Rock and the Wild Bunch cd was. A few more spins will definately grow on me, but I will still say that I prefer Pete Lesperances axework.

Agreed, great disc !! :guitbannana: :guitbannana:

• 7 years later...

Always dug this CD.
Interesting for me as I am a fair fan of HS ballads and this one doesn't have that tradition type ballads as much as usual.
I just went through it to pick the songs for my best of folder and I selected them all.
very very rare for me.

Doesn't mean every song is awesome, but they are all good enough.
Obviously no filler.
The one which came closest to missing out was First Signal, and maybe Yesterday's Rain, but in the end I couldn't dump them.

For some reason I never got the CD after this so ima track that down soon.
Something to look forward to.

13 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Always dug this CD.
Interesting for me as I am a fair fan of HS ballads and this one doesn't have that tradition type ballads as much as usual.
I just went through it to pick the songs for my best of folder and I selected them all.
very very rare for me.

Doesn't mean every song is awesome, but they are all good enough.
Obviously no filler.
The one which came closest to missing out was First Signal, and maybe Yesterday's Rain, but in the end I couldn't dump them.

For some reason I never got the CD after this so ima track that down soon.
Something to look forward to.

LOVE the whole album!  Yesterdays Rain is one of my favorites on the album.