5 Kivel Acts to Play South Dakota!

Hey Folks!!

Well South Dakota Rock Fest is almost here. :bananamac: We are excited as we have five of our bands on this years event. Thats right....FIVE! Goodbye Thrill, Talon, Farcry, Tango Down, and Bombay Black!

Below is the two day line up. Hope to see some of you guys there. We will have all five acts cds, as well as Tshirts on sale at the merch tent. Please dont hesitate to come up and say hi . Also, if your in the MA area July 17th come check out FARCRY live at Maximum Capacity. Then August 15th, back at Max Cap, opening for Dokken - Goodbye Thrill, Farcry and Tango Down!!!!

DAKOTA ROCK FEST SCHEDULE 2009

Gate opening time on Friday 3:00 pm

4:00 pm JUKEBOX ZEROES

5:00 pm GOODBYE THRILL

6:00 pm TALON

7:00 pm ESCAPE (Catalog 1)

8:00 pm FARCRY

9:00 pm DRAW THE LINE (Catalog 2)

10:00 pm HEAD EAST

11:15 pm APRIL WINE

Saturday

10:00 am PAISTY JENNY

11:00 am APPETITE FOR DECEPTION

12:00 pm ESCAPE (Catalog 2)

1:00 pm TANGO DOWN

2:00 pm ENUFF Z' NUFF

3:05 pm BOMBAY BLACK

4:10 pm L.A. GUNS

5:25 pm DRAW THE LINE (Catalog 2)

6:30 pm FIREHOUSE

7:45 pm DOKKEN

9:00 pm SKID ROW

10:15 pm BRET MICHAELS

Wow, nice. In all honesty, along with Skid Row, Dokken, Firehouse and LA Guns (Assuming it's the Phil Lewis fronted version only) the Kivel bands are easily the best in that whole line up. I obviously love Bret Michaels, but can take or leave his solo stuff.

Isnt Jizzy Pearl fronting the Tracci Guns LA Guns now?

Jizzy is fronting Tracii's version which had Marty Casey for the last year but Phil's version with Steve Riley, Stacy Blades and now Kenny Kweens(Beautiful Creatures) is also active. It's Tracii's version that is playing this event.

Jizzy is fronting Tracii's version which had Marty Casey for the last year but Phil's version with Steve Riley, Stacy Blades and now Kenny Kweens(Beautiful Creatures) is also active. It's Tracii's version that is playing this event.

yeah i knew about Marty Casey, and Phils version cause i saw em last year and met Phil and the guys (y)

when was Scott replaced tho? news to me :s

glad i got his signature, now theres one more autograph to get when i see them again this year (y) :P

yeah i knew about Marty Casey, and Phils version cause i saw em last year and met Phil and the guys (y)

glad i got his signature, now theres one more autograph to get when i see them again this year (y) :P

Scott just left the band this past week and Kenny just joined after that.

I think I read somewhere that Scott has some full time gig in Vegas with a big local Covers band of some kind.

I was just going to post this but I see Mr. Kivel beat me to it!

Not too shabby a space in the lineup for FarCry, still wish we could be on right before Head East, but I know Kevin's real fired up about Aerosmith trib band so what can ya do? :D

Not too shabby a space in the lineup for FarCry, still wish we could be on right before Head East, but I know Kevin's real fired up about Aerosmith trib band so what can ya do? :D

Well you could f#@k with their pre-show dinner and give them all food poisoning so bad that they couldn't play.

Just a thought. :lol:

Well you could f#@k with their pre-show dinner and give them all food poisoning so bad that they couldn't play.

Send Evil Rick after them. :whistle:

Too bad Rockarma is out, but Goodbye Thrill is a very nice replacement. :tumbsup:

Nah, I've got to... "draw the line" somewhere... ;)

Too bad Rockarma is out, but Goodbye Thrill is a very nice replacement. :tumbsup:

That is if there is any food left after Future Rick visits the buffet :rofl2:

That is if there is any food left after Future Rick visits the buffet :rofl2:

Future Rick rocks!!!! :lol:

Scott just left the band this past week and Kenny just joined after that.

I think I read somewhere that Scott has some full time gig in Vegas with a big local Covers band of some kind.

ah thats actually pretty cool cause atleast then when i see them this year itll be a little different to last time :P

i hope they play Magdalaine this time tho, i asked Phil why they didnt play it before and he said it was too hard :s

• 3 weeks later...

All 5 acts rocked!!!!

My fav in order but it's really tough with the top 3:

1A - FarCry - It was awesome hearing these tunes live and even more awesome seeing Pete pull off all of those killer solos especially the one on "Have it All". Great songs and great performance from the band including vocalist Mark Giovi who really did a great job keeping the audience invloved. Drummer Tommy John kicked butt too just as he did with Rockarma last year.

1B - Bombay Black - I've seen these guys twice and both times they were killer. They even threw in two new tunes including the awesome "Demons Down" as in I'm Drinking My Demons Down. Great live band.

It was also great hanging with these guys on the bus and drinkng from the jagermeister machine. BB is 4 awesome guys and are one great band.

1C - Tango Down - Wow the new singer Alex is one hell of a frontman and the crowd seemed to love them as they did with both above bands. Every song went over well but "All Fall Down" was one of the highlights of the weekend.

4 - Talon - With new vocalist Dave Friday just joining the band before this event he had to read most of the lyrics from the stage but besides that they were very good especially their lead guitar player who just shreds. They were all nice guys too especially Kory and Dave. Looking forward to some new music with Dave on vocals who has a more Jeff Keith/Robert Mason blues soaked voice and overall I like it more than Chandler's voice.

5 - Goodbye Thrill - I will admit I didn't catch all of GT's set but from what I saw and from what I heard they sounded great and I really like the cd.

Looking forward to seeing all of these bands next year!!!!!

I have many pics of all of these bands on my facebook page for all of my friends.

All 5 acts rocked!!!!

1A - FarCry - It was awesome hearing these tunes live and even more awesome seeing Pete pull off all of those killer solos especially the one on "Have it All". Great songs and great performance from the band including vocalist Mark Giovi who really did a great job keeping the audience invloved. Drummer Tommy John kicked butt too just as he did with Rockarma last year.

1B - Bombay Black - I've seen these guys twice and both times they were killer. They even threw in two new tunes including the awesome "Demons Down" as in I'm Drinking My Demons Down. Great live band.

It was also great hanging with these guys on the bus and drinkng from the jagermeister machine. BB is 4 awesome guys and are one great band.

1C - Tango Down - Wow the new singer Alex is one hell of a frontman and the crowd seemed to love them as they did with both above bands. Every song went over well but "All Fall Down" was one of the highlights of the weekend.

4 - Talon - With new vocalist Dave Friday just joining the band before this event he had to read most of the lyrics from the stage but besides that they were very good especially their lead guitar player who just shreds. They were all nice guys too especially Kory and Dave. Looking forward to some new music with Dave on vocals who has a more Jeff Keith/Robert Mason blues soaked voice and overall I like it more than Chandler's voice.

5 - Goodbye Thrill - I will admit I didn't catch all of GT's set but from what I saw and from what I heard they sounded great and I really like the cd.

I have many pics of all of these bands on my facebook page for all of my friends.

I agree with you 100% on the order you have, and they were all fantastic!

All 5 acts rocked!!!!

I agree with you 100% on the order you have, and they were all fantastic!

I agree with the rundown all but I believe that Talon edged out Tango Down by a smidge. If they would have played Wrecking Ball they would have easily won the Talon vs. TD war. I did like the energy of TD but my hats off to Kory and the rest of Talon for putting on a show with a new lead singer that kicks some serious ass! He may not have known all the lyrics but he put on a very respectful show.

Either way, it was a kick ass weekend with Pete, Rick, Wes and the rest of the entourage'. Already lookin' forward to next year :banger: