The Uninteresting Thread

Malebolgia

Okay guys and gals, Geoff is out for tonight. It's not even 10:30pm yet but I'm spent. That was one of the most physical days I've had in my entire life. I loved it and needed it after the shit I have drunken and eaten this week... but yeah, I think it's sleepy time for Geoff.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wotty

• Geoff

• heaven&hell

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys and gals, Geoff is out for tonight. It's not even 10:30pm yet but I'm spent. That was one of the most physical days I've had in my entire life. I loved it and needed it after the shit I have drunken and eaten this week... but yeah, I think it's sleepy time for Geoff.

It has to be them evil pink drinks you are so fancy of...... :lol:

It has to be them evil pink drinks you are so fancy of...... :lol:

I was down at the restaurant the other night having my lonesome dinner, all completely paid for by the company as I looked at the cocktail menu and thought, 'Should I?' But I didn't. (Didn't know which ones were pink and which weren't) Instead I went with a few Coronas.

Today I did a lot of this: :puke: as I went out "fishing" with one of the guys from the office. F*ck me dead. I don't have a good stomach in the best of waters, but this was 4-6 foot swell out there in the middle of the ocean, and even with a couple of motion sickness pills I was heavin' all over the ocean. Couldn't get a hold of it either. Spent the whole time out there haning over the side literally spewing my guts up, because that was all that left inside me after half an hour. :(

When I came back into town I went to Dick Smith Electronics and bought a new discman. The girl who served me could not possibly have been more gorgeous and our brief chat was the sexual highlight of my trip so far. :anon: F*ck me, I would have loved to "dick her smith".

Either way, though, I'm wired for sound again!!! Man I really, really needed this.

Today I did a lot of this: :puke: as I went out "fishing" with one of the guys from the office. F*ck me dead. I don't have a good stomach in the best of waters, but this was 4-6 foot swell out there in the middle of the ocean, and even with a couple of motion sickness pills I was heavin' all over the ocean. Couldn't get a hold of it either. Spent the whole time out there haning over the side literally spewing my guts up, because that was all that left inside me after half an hour. :(

Don't feel too bad, I did that on a Halibut fishing excursion in Alaska a few years ago. :(

My wife likes reminding me "Aren't you glad we did the half day and not the whole day trip like you wanted?" Yeah, yeah whatever... <_<;)

I'm here in front of the hotel computer for the last time in Fremantle. I go home tomorrow and whilst I'm looking forward to getting back I hardly think the reception is going to be anything I'm going to enjoy.

I'm here in front of the hotel computer for the last time in Fremantle. I go home tomorrow and whilst I'm looking forward to getting back I hardly think the reception is going to be anything I'm going to enjoy.

Work, home or both? For me it's always both. :(

Work piled up on my desk, a line of people with stupid questions they couldn't answer for themselves while I was gone, and my wife telling me how easy I have it... <_<

Work piled up on my desk, a line of people with stupid questions they couldn't answer for themselves while I was gone, and my wife telling me how easy I have it... <_<

Yeah, work will be f*cked. Luckily I've been able to keep up-to-date to some extent while I've been here. I didn't have complete access to everything, but hopefully I've done okay. I know there'll be problems when I get back, it's only natural.

As for my fiance, we parted on bad terms and are still on bad terms now (apparently worse now). It's going to be very icy at the household for a while by the sounds of it. I'm looking forward to seeing my kitty though. I missed the cheeky little shit. :D Don't get me wrong, missed my girl like crazy but am not into her current state of mind.

Yeah, work will be f*cked. Luckily I've been able to keep up-to-date to some extent while I've been here. I didn't have complete access to everything, but hopefully I've done okay. I know there'll be problems when I get back, it's only natural.

As for my fiance, we parted on bad terms and are still on bad terms now (apparently worse now). It's going to be very icy at the household for a while by the sounds of it. I'm looking forward to seeing my kitty though. I missed the cheeky little shit. :D Don't get me wrong, missed my girl like crazy but am not into her current state of mind.

I've got a little theory (small brain, small theories... makes sense right? :blink: ). The majority of times I go away on business, my wife has some kind of blowout right before I leave and is really pissed at me. I used to think it was coincidence, but it happens so consistently I'm starting to wonder if it's not her subconscious mind making it easier to deal with me not being there, or maybe repressed anger at the fact that I'm going away without her, or maybe even a delightful combination of the two.

Of course, it might be I'm just an asshole. Let's keep that option open as well... ;)

Anywho, not sure what your personal situation is (and I'm not asking), just came to mind. :)

I've got a little theory (small brain, small theories... makes sense right? :blink: ). The majority of times I go away on business, my wife has some kind of blowout right before I leave and is really pissed at me. I used to think it was coincidence, but it happens so consistently I'm starting to wonder if it's not her subconscious mind making it easier to deal with me not being there, or maybe repressed anger at the fact that I'm going away without her, or maybe even a delightful combination of the two.

Of course, it might be I'm just an asshole. Let's keep that option open as well... ;)

Anywho, not sure what your personal situation is (and I'm not asking), just came to mind. :)

Mate, I could not be in more of the same boat with you if I tried. As in literally, I just looked over my shoulder and saw you paddling with your arm instead of the oar. I said 'hi' but I think you were busy sharing love dreams with a salmon fish you'd plucked from the ocean, as you caressed it's scaly coat.

But yeah, I would have laid the entire value of my mortgage - double or nothing - on the fact that my girl would have gotten shitty at me before I left for this trip. Like you said, she does it everytime.

I feel bad on some level because I know she doesn't like being left alone and it's her (odd) way of telling me she'll miss me? And as you say, maybe it helps her deal with it. I don't know. No offense to the ladies here, but I just don't understand them. Every trip I have ever had without her has that miserable element because I know she's pissed off at me. I tried to ignore it this time and enjoy myself, and have, but it's always there in my mind.

I love 'em, but these women creatures are so f*cking complicated it's not funny.

Mate, I could not be in more of the same boat with you if I tried. As in literally, I just looked over my shoulder and saw you paddling with your arm instead of the oar. I said 'hi' but I think you were busy sharing love dreams with a salmon fish you'd plucked from the ocean, as you caressed it's scaly coat.

But yeah, I would have laid the entire value of my mortgage - double or nothing - on the fact that my girl would have gotten shitty at me before I left for this trip. Like you said, she does it everytime.

I feel bad on some level because I know she doesn't like being left alone and it's her (odd) way of telling me she'll miss me? And as you say, maybe it helps her deal with it. I don't know. No offense to the ladies here, but I just don't understand them. Every trip I have ever had without her has that miserable element because I know she's pissed off at me. I tried to ignore it this time and enjoy myself, and have, but it's always there in my mind.

I love 'em, but these women creatures are so f*cking complicated it's not funny.

Damn, I almost dropped my salmon, we are on the same page 100%. Nothing worse than trying to be effective in your work and enjoy the surroundings of an unfamiliar locale while feeling the angst and misery of relationship troubles...

Things to look forward to: I've got 13 years on you and I still don't understand 'em... :( Also no offense to the ladies, as Junkyard says Lord I'm a simple man, ain't too much I need, I aint asking for all of your love, give me what you can, and set me free ...so I can enjoy my business trip at least... ;)

Well, talk about off topic, this is far too interesting for this thread. ;)

Have a good trip back Geoff. :drink:

:blink: Wow.......if it makes you guys feel any better......I'm one of those of whom you speak......and I don't understand us (read.......*me*.......) either. -_-

:blink: Wow.......if it makes you guys feel any better......I'm one of those of whom you speak......and I don't understand us (read.......*me*.......) either. -_-

:lol: Well I don't feel so bad then. ;)

Damn, I almost dropped my salmon, we are on the same page 100%. Nothing worse than trying to be effective in your work and enjoy the surroundings of an unfamiliar locale while feeling the angst and misery of relationship troubles...

Things to look forward to: I've got 13 years on you and I still don't understand 'em... :( Also no offense to the ladies, as Junkyard says Lord I'm a simple man, ain't too much I need, I aint asking for all of your love, give me what you can, and set me free ...so I can enjoy my business trip at least... ;)

Well, talk about off topic, this is far too interesting for this thread. ;)

Have a good trip back Geoff. :drink:

True that, on every level, down to the wishing for an enjoyable business trip and the off-topic thing. Damn us for being so interesting! Thanks for the well wishes too. Should be a cool trip as long as I don't eat too much free breakfast and get myself sick. But the tunes will be enjoyable on the 5 hour flight. :tumbsup:

:lol: Yeah, I doubt anyone understands... but hey, maybe that's part of the allure of the woman? Norks sort of help too. :D (Sorry, had to leave on a half-happy note)

We don't really do Halloween here in Australia. I think about 5 kids in each state do the trick-or-treat thing and everyone else bathes together without clothes... there are lots of bubbles, a lot of soap and a lot of smiles.

:lol: Yeah, I doubt anyone understands... but hey, maybe that's part of the allure of the woman? Norks sort of help too. :D (Sorry, had to leave on a half-happy note)

you guys are funny :D

yeah, we're fickle creatures... all part of the fun :lol:

maybe she likes the 'make up sex' ?

back on topic:

work sucked today. people are stupid.

People are stupid, life is a maze and love prevails.

I'm also bored. Happy for the fact that it's Friday, but I've been happier at work than I have been at home this week, so not sure how I should be feeling. Looking forward to the footy tonight. :)

People are stupid, life is a maze and love prevails.

I'm also bored. Happy for the fact that it's Friday, but I've been happier at work than I have been at home this week, so not sure how I should be feeling. Looking forward to the footy tonight. :)

You can enjoy the footy during the day too, are you that short on socks?