What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

oh, and since you're the resident Kiss fan, which is a better album, Destroyer or Crazy Nights? i had this choice a couple of months ago and picked Crazy Nights but im still thinking of picking up Destroyer next year when i go to fill out my collection...

Mullethead would tell you CRAZY NIGHTS. However, I will tell you DESTROYER.

DESTROYER is a pillar of the KISS catalog and the album against which nearly all KISS material has been measured against since. However, the CRAZY NIGHTS album is a limp-wristed abomination that I do not allow into my house to this very day. VIOLENT hatred for that album.

.....That tell you anything? :lol:

aw crap, now i gotta buy Destroyer -_-

i was disappointed with Crazy Nights, bu then again, i was also dissapointed with Cherry Pie until i gave it a proper listen and now i love it!

oh, and since you're the resident Kiss fan, which is a better album, Destroyer or Crazy Nights? i had this choice a couple of months ago and picked Crazy Nights but im still thinking of picking up Destroyer next year when i go to fill out my collection...

DESTROYER is a pillar of the KISS catalog and the album against which nearly all KISS material has been measured against since. However, the CRAZY NIGHTS album is a limp-wristed abomination that I do not allow into my house to this very day. VIOLENT hatred for that album.

i was disappointed with Crazy Nights, bu then again, i was also dissapointed with Cherry Pie until i gave it a proper listen and now i love it!

'Destroyer' is another must have, although I do quite like 'Crazy Nights in places ,especially tracks like 'Turn On The Night' 'Reason To Live and 'My Way' which are excellent Melodic Rock songs . Not the worst Kiss album imho, but far from the best either.

'Destroyer' is another must have, although I do quite like 'Crazy Nights in places ,especially tracks like 'Turn On The Night' 'Reason To Live and 'My Way' which are excellent Melodic Rock songs . Not the worst Kiss album imho, but far from the best either.

at the time i was chasin that 80s rock sound, but now im going back to the 70s, Led Zeppelin and Foghat and all that classic rock stuff, im gonna go find out how much Destroyer is

although i still really wanna get Animalize i love Mark St Johns style on that album

at the time i was chasin that 80s rock sound, but now im going back to the 70s, Led Zeppelin and Foghat and all that classic rock stuff, im gonna go find out how much Destroyer is

Foghat are a great band, go for 'Fool For The City' (With Slow Ride') and 'Stone Blue' - two great discs.

First off I agree with the Destroyer over Crazy Nights big time.

Also he should pick up everything from the debut up through Alive II and then grab Creatures, Lick it Up, Animalize and Revenge.

What makes Jez the resident Kiss fan?

Can we fight for that title? Then again Keef would also have something to say about it. :kiss:

Also he should pick up everything from the debut up through Alive II and then grab Creatures, Lick it Up, Animalize and Revenge.

Can we fight for that title? Then again Keef would also have something to say about it. :kiss:

actually, i was talkin to Keef when i said that, i didnt even know Jez liked Kiss!

im thinking of getting the Kiss: Ikonz box set:

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/7862864/Ikons/Product.html

i messaged Keef about this and he said its got some pretty good tracks on it but i dont know the difference between Cold Gin and Beth!

each CD is the best stuff from each member of the classic lineup including solo stuff apparently...

looks like a cheap way to get into the band with nearly 60 tracks on there

actually, i was talkin to Keef when i said that, i didnt even know Jez liked Kiss!

i messaged Keef about this and he said its got some pretty good tracks on it but i dont know the difference between Cold Gin and Beth!

each CD is the best stuff from each member of the classic lineup including solo stuff apparently...

My bad I see now that you were talking to Keef, but Jez is a big Kiss fan as well.

Yeah that boxed set is quality for someone just getting into the band as is the big box set from a few years ago that covers all the eras of the band. :tumbsup:

My bad I see now that you were talking to Keef, but Jez is a big Kiss fan as well.

Yeah that boxed set is quality for someone just getting into the band as is the big box set from a few years ago that covers all the eras of the band. :tumbsup:

A big Kiss fan - yes I am, but not an expert by a long way - over to Keef for that!! :tumbsup:

ill go to Jez whenever i need help with Foreigner, Blue Oyster Cult, Kansas and Foghat (did we mention Montrose yet?)

but for Kiss, i gotta go to Keef :lol:

and if, by some amazing twist of fate, i find myself getting into Iron Maiden (ok, now i like THREE songs, not just one) then.....well then you guys will probably be fighting to help me out :lol:

which other boxset are you referring to Wes? i saw another one on play but it was all demos by the looks of it, with Electric Lady demos and Wicked Lester stuff on it :unsure:

ill go to Jez whenever i need help with Foreigner, Blue Oyster Cult, Kansas and Foghat (did we mention Montrose yet?)

but for Kiss, i gotta go to Keef :lol:

and if, by some amazing twist of fate, i find myself getting into Iron Maiden (ok, now i like THREE songs, not just one) then.....well then you guys will probably be fighting to help me out :lol:

which other boxset are you referring to Wes? i saw another one on play but it was all demos by the looks of it, with Electric Lady demos and Wicked Lester stuff on it :unsure:

It was just called the Kiss Box Set and it did have some of the original Electric Ladyland Demos with Edddie Kramer on disc one. There's 5 discs overall and has songs up through Psycho Circus and even has a few unreleased songs and some demos and live tracks.

ah yeah, saw that one....it was £55! compared to the £17.99 that the Ikons set costs.....i wouldnt wanna spend that kinda money and then find out i actually dont like the band that much....

but im interested in getting Alive IV

ah yeah, saw that one....it was £55! compared to the £17.99 that the Ikons set costs.....i wouldnt wanna spend that kinda money and then find out i actually dont like the band that much....

I can spend your money all day.

If you want an excellent box set for the Kiss live stuff, this is the way to go. I got it last Christmas and it is fantastic.

41AbM5kgibL._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kiss-Alive-1975-20...9470&sr=8-1

I can spend your money all day.

If you want an excellent box set for the Kiss live stuff, this is the way to go. I got it last Christmas and it is fantastic.

41AbM5kgibL._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kiss-Alive-1975-20...9470&sr=8-1

Pass on Alive IV, get the the above Live box as Jez said, it's fantastic and has a great booklet.

Disc 4 in that set is what was supposed to be Alive IV but here is called The Millenium Concert(2000).

For some reason they never put it out but instead did the Alive IV/Symphony Album, which is a good album I guess but nothing near as good as the previous 3 IMO.

Last spin of the night.... CRACK THE SKY ~ "From The Greenhouse"