What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Mott the Hoople-Mott

707--second album

wowowow SWazi!!!!! have a great time at Gotthard!!!!!!!

playing,,, Change of Heart-Truth and HTGR--Sudden Impact

Enya ~ "Amarantine" <---- new Enya!!!!!!!!! :D :D

This afternoon

B. Turgon

Change of Heart--again

P. Bardowell

Hotshot--again!!!

Prime Time - Free the Dream

Again, again, ..... !!!!

BLIND DATE - S/T

HOTSHOT - The Bomb

Am trying to see why Geoff likes these so much. :lol: The BLIND DATE is definitely the better of the two, although I really like the 2nd half of the HOTSHOT. Far too many fillers in the 1st half.

Both are screaming out for a decent production though....

Stretch - The Story of Elmer Gantry

Switched out the 25-Disc stereo again with some various stuff:

Helix----Long Way To Heaven

Keel----Lay Down The Law

McAuley-Schenker Group----Perfect Timing

Silent Rage----Shattered Hearts

Baton Rouge----Shake Your Soul

Heaven----Where Angels Fear To Tread

Mama's Boys----Growing Up The Hard Way

Mama's Boys----Power And Passion

Autograph----Missing Pieces

Helix----Walkin' The Razor's Edge

Lita Ford----Lita

icon----An Even More Perfect Union

Hurricane----Over The Edge

King Kobra----Thrill Of A Lifetime

Babylon A.D.----Nothing Sacred

Kick Axe----Rock The World

Fastway----Waiting For The Roar

Pretty Boy Floyd----Leather Boys With Electric Toys

Dokken----Back For The Attack

Stryper----In God We Trust

Barren Cross----Rock For The King

Recon----Behind Enemy Lines

Holy Soldier----S/T

Babylon A.D.----S/T

Fastway----S/T

Yesterday:

Blind Date - s/t (Still love this one dearly... Tim (2) - 'Don't wait up', 'She's walking', 'When I'm alone', 'Dreaming'... these should be some good enough reasons as to why I enjoy this so much. :) Honestly is one of the best CDs I've heard in about 15 years, and I love the production. :D)

Harem Scarem - 'Overload' (Still a great disc.)

Sugarcult - debut (cool disc)

Blanc Faces - s/t (Still my melodic rock album of the year. 'It's a little too late', 'Where do I go from here' and 'Pray for me' still chill me to the bone; unbelievable to get that from one CD. No word of a lie, I felt goosebumps on my ass as I was sitting in my car listening to 'Pray for me' yesterday afternoon... now that's what I call good music!)

Today:

Gary Hughes - 'Strength of heart' (Starts out brilliantly, but don't like the 80's synth pop undertones of the rest of the disc)

Jim Jamison's Survivor (Man there are some decent riffs on 3 of those tracks - 'Cry tough', 'First day of love' and one other - good stuff.)

BLIND DATE - S/T

HOTSHOT - The Bomb

Am trying to see why Geoff likes these so much.  :lol:  The BLIND DATE is definitely the better of the two, although I really like the 2nd half of the HOTSHOT.  Far too many fillers in the 1st half.

I've said it before mate, but man I think you're harsh on production jobs!!! :D I think these 2 are fine!

Anyway, I agree that Blind Date is the better of the 2, and also agree that it's the 2nd half of Hotshot that shines... but mate, rather than try to figure out why I like these 2, get your ears wrapped around Airless '2nd Round'!!!

I don't think it'll take much understanding to see why I love this one because I know how much you love 91 Suite's new one and with that mixed with Fate and Masquerade, you have a rather brilliant disc with Airless' '2nd round'. Well worth your time and I'd be really, REALLY surprised if you don't dig it. :)

Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love

Ambrosia - One Eighty

Planet 3 - Music From The Planet

New England - S/T + Explorer Suite

BLIND DATE - S/T

HOTSHOT - The Bomb

Am trying to see why Geoff likes these so much.  :lol:   The BLIND DATE is definitely the better of the two, although I really like the 2nd half of the HOTSHOT.  Far too many fillers in the 1st half.

I've said it before mate, but man I think you're harsh on production jobs!!! :D I think these 2 are fine!

Anyway, I agree that Blind Date is the better of the 2, and also agree that it's the 2nd half of Hotshot that shines... but mate, rather than try to figure out why I like these 2, get your ears wrapped around Airless '2nd Round'!!!

I don't think it'll take much understanding to see why I love this one because I know how much you love 91 Suite's new one and with that mixed with Fate and Masquerade, you have a rather brilliant disc with Airless' '2nd round'. Well worth your time and I'd be really, REALLY surprised if you don't dig it. :)

Cheers Geoff, I'll definitely check it out. I am definitely harsh on production jobs, but it's a really important part of my CD enjoyment. The INTUITION is a prime example, as I LOVE the songs but the album is utterly unplayable for me - so I sold it.

I do really like the BLIND DATE though, & it's thanks to your review that I even bought it in the first place.... :drink:

Playing:-

CLIF MAGNESS - Solo

Refugee - Burning from the Inside out

Now, ain't this a brilliant album !!!

BLIND DATE - S/T

HOTSHOT - The Bomb

Am trying to see why Geoff likes these so much.  :lol:   The BLIND DATE is definitely the better of the two, although I really like the 2nd half of the HOTSHOT.  Far too many fillers in the 1st half.

The INTUITION is a prime example, as I LOVE the songs but the album is utterly unplayable for me - so I sold it.

Oh... I wish you sold it to me! I LOVE this album, but only have a CDR of it. :(

Been listening to:

Keel - 'The final frontier' (always loved this disc, was quite taken aback by the beauty of 'Tears of fire' yesterday afternoon)

Simple Plan - 'Still not getting any' (I really hate to say it, but this is a great hard rock disc. 'Everytime', 'Crazy', 'I promise', 'In a perfect world', 'Shut up'... I just love these songs! Damn the little pooly woofters for making such a good disc!!!)

ASAP - 'Silver and gold' (A lot of filler, but man are there some gems on this one...)

Swedish Erotica - 'Too daze gone' (Outstanding disc from the band I know and love. I could listen to Mats Leven sing about male on male sex and I'd still enjoy it. What a voice... I cherish any hard rock release I can get with his vocals on it... especially one of such high quality.)

12 Stones - 'Potters field' (Yeah, pretty much same story as the debut. A couple of nice tracks, pretty slow stuff though.)

Adema - discography (pretty cool band, I think I'll make a 13/14 track compilation of their stuff and be content. :))

Amber Pacific - EP (Love it!)

Apartment 26 - 2000 release (not really my thing, but a cool opening track. Don't think I'll ever hear this one again to be honest. :))