Song of the Day

66 mustang

Another Angel Down - Avantasia

Jorn Lande :bowdown:

The best song on that album by about 4 light years.

It's my fav tune on there but I like every song on the album.

"Shelter from the Rain" is one of my favs too since it has Mr Kiske and is pure Classic Helloween. :tumbsup:

Edie {Ciao Baby} - The Cult

Easily my favourite song by The Cult :tumbsup:

A classic :bowdown:

It certainly is mate :drink:

That's my fav from The Cult too. :banger:

on topic:

"No Stranger To Love" - Black Hughes/Glenn Sabbath

We must have a connection going mate, Born Again, Seventh Star (about to start playing it) and Edie (Ciao Baby) :bowdown:

Oh I see that you like good music too. :tumbsup:

I'm still not sure about the Born Again though. I like most of the songs but it just sounds kind of wierd to me.

It's like Ian's voice and the music doesn't mesh right. I just wonder what those songs would of sounded like with a Dio or Tony Martin singing or even Glenn Hughes. This is not to say that I don't like Ian's voice because I'm a huge Purple fan but for me he sounded out of place on that Sabbath release.

Backed - As I said before, you should have seen them live on that tour with Gillan doing all the old classics - Weird was not the word. Plus the mighty 'Stonehenge' back drop as well of course!! :)

Remind a newbie of where did you see them?

Can you remember what they played off Born Again and how did they sound?

What was with the back drop?

Saw them at the Reading festival in 1983 along with the last Phil Lynott Thin Lizzy show!!

Can't remember what they played off 'Born Again', but it was basically a greatest Hits type show + a couple of Deep Purple numbers thrown in, which was a little bit odd to say the least, especially hearing Tony Iommi playing the Blackmore riffs.

They played pretty well if I am honest, but when they kicked into 'Smoke On The Water' alot of people started moaning and booing.

The Backdrop - well it wasn't a back drop really , but a mini type Stonhenge set up, allegedly where the Spinal Tap parody came from. Not quite as funny, but not far off.

All in all a pretty poor show for a Sabbath gig, but Thin Lizzy made up for it with a blinding show. :tumbsup:

Cheers Jez :tumbsup:

Fall Of The Peacemakers - Molly Hatchet

One of the best songs ever recorded and Southern Rock at it's awesomely awesome best!! :guitbannana: