Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Speaking of comedic '80s horror....how'bout this one?

"Maximum Overdrive" (1986)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWS4tTzs60&feature=player_embedded

Stephen King's first (and last) attempt at directing a film, based on his own short story "Trucks," tells the tale of machines becoming sentient and homicidal when Earth passes thru the tail of a "rogue comet." A group of travelers - including Emilio Estevez, Pat "Commissioner Gordon" Hingle and Yeardley "Lisa Simpson" Smith - are trapped in a Southern truck stop by a gang of vicious tractor trailers and have to figure out how to escape while the machines pick them off one by one.

Put it to you this way: Stephen King has famously disowned his work on the film, saying that he was "coked out of his mind" at the time and therefore had no business directing a movie... and believe me, it shows. Plot holes, awkward dialogue, and "WTF?" moments abound. On the other hand, lotsa stuff blows up and the soundtrack is by AC/DC. The movie's an absolute mess but it's SO much damn fun!

I think most 80s horror are becoming comedic especially when we watch them today. Maybe because if we compare the technology and technique they used when filming is very much outdated :christmas:

Plus we`re all a little older and don`t take it so seriously as when we were younger and impressionable :beerbang:

LIFE IN A DAY (2011)

a documentary of Youtube videos sent by 4500 people all over the world regarding their daily activity on a particular day (July 24th 2010) and squeezed into 90-minutes of movie.

A simple movie but has very deep meaning with the message clearly is to describe that on a regular day, any spectacular thing can happen or no interesting thing at all can also happened. Lots of birth and also deaths, joyful events as well as sad, laughter and tears, it's humanity in process, shot in couple minutes of clips by people from various countries, and perhaps this will remind us in the next 10-20 years that we're lucky to be alive on that day, and of how we should value life as it's too short and too precious.

It's name escapes me, but I just saw the newer Linclon assasination movie with Even Rachael Wood, it was fine, a little dull. Great sets and costumes. Also saw the first episode of tv series HELL ON WHEELS, liked it much better.

Saw a blurb that a miniseries for Stephen King's DOME is in the works...

It's name escapes me, but I just saw the newer Linclon assasination movie with Even Rachael Wood, it was fine, a little dull. Great sets and costumes. Also saw the first episode of tv series HELL ON WHEELS, liked it much better.

Saw a blurb that a miniseries for Stephen King's DOME is in the works...

HAROLD & KUMAR : ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO BAY (2008)

a step-up from the prequel, both are funny, but this one is slightly funnier. I have quite a few chuckles from several scenes, and try watching the Unrated version, especially the Bottomless scene lol.

Lookin' forward to the third series this Christmas :christmas:

Kevin Smith's RED STATE, good acting from many actors I enjoy, and several very unexpected moments. I felt a weak ending kept it from being a great movie. Still recommend :)

Kevin Smith's RED STATE, good acting from many actors I enjoy, and several very unexpected moments. I felt a weak ending kept it from being a great movie. Still recommend :)

Agreed, the ending was kinda flat, though have you heard/read about the ending Kevin Smith originally wanted to film? It would've cost too much so it was scrapped/rewritten, which was actually fine cuz if they'd used it, it would've been pretty stupid anyway.

The Tourist

Without the devine Angelina and Johnny Depp, this would have been a flop. Oh!! I forgot, it was a flop and the reason behind that is.....it is fucking rubbish, even with the 2 said acting type people trying to save it.

UNITED 93 (2006)

a horrifying thriller about 9/11 plane hijacking. One of the few planes that failed to reach its kamikaze target (White House) because of the brave struggle from the passengers. Hearts go to the victims, definitely a sad day to remember, but a must-watch movie that will glue you to your seat from the start to finish.

"The Hangover"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhFVZsk3XEs

An epic bachelor party in Vegas goes horribly wrong when three groomsmen wake up the next morning and can't find the groom. Worse, they have no memory of anything that happened the night before. Mayhem ensues.

Raunchy-as-hell comedy that was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!! :rofl2:

The Ledge (2011)

Quite an impressive psychology thriller about a man who has to decide his fate in an hour. Charlie Hunnam, who plays the leading role, reminds me a bit to the late Heath Ledger, but in here he has a decent acting but a likeable character. Patrick Wilson plays the Christian extremist, a cold and mysterious guy, he looks like a very polite and average guy but frightening at the same time, and Liv Tyler plays the vulnerable fragile woman.

If you like a philosophical debate wrapped with a dark romance and tragic reality-portrayed drama, this one's a fun to watch. A well written story!

that's epic, Keef!

a big laugh also for me, i'm preparing to watch the sequel tonight on Bluray, this time, the chaos is in Bangkok :christmas:

Oh yeah, now that I've finally seen "Hangover," the second one has shot to the top of my "must see" list.

Agreed, the ending was kinda flat, though have you heard/read about the ending Kevin Smith originally wanted to film? It would've cost too much so it was scrapped/rewritten, which was actually fine cuz if they'd used it, it would've been pretty stupid anyway.

No, what was it? I had a rental copy, so I didn't get dir com or bonus features..

No, what was it? I had a rental copy, so I didn't get dir com or bonus features..

From Wikipedia:

During various interactive Q&As for the film, Smith has stated that the original ending actually continued through with the trumpets signaling the Rapture. After Cooper tells Keenan to shoot him, Cooper's chest explodes, followed by the remaining family members' chests exploding one by one, and then the remaining agents' chests exploding one by one. During these deaths, the ground shakes and splits, and Keenan curls up on the ground and closes his eyes. When he opens his eyes he sees the last agent killed with a giant sword coming out of his chest, which is being wielded by an enormous armored angel. The angel looks at Keenan, puts a finger to his lips, and says "shhhhh". The angel then flies off into the sky, and as the angel banks out of the picture the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse descend.

Ehhhh... yeah. I don't think that would've worked. :blink:

"Motel Hell" (1980)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4AR3BgaCdA

Kindly old Farmer Vincent (Rory Calhoun) and his sister Ida (Nancy Parsons, aka Miss Ballbricker of "Porky's" fame) live a quiet life running a secluded rural motel, and they have a thriving smoked-meats business on the side. Their secret ingredient? People!

...this goofball cannibal cult-fave horror comedy is not nearly as gory/gross as you'd expect given its premise, but it's worth a look just for the climactic chainsaw battle between Farmer Vincent and his kid brother. Also watch for future "Cheers" star John "Cliff Klaven" Ratzenberger and radio legend Wolfman Jack in small roles.

Watched this back in the day and it freaked me out too,but if i see it again i'm sure i will have a good laugh.

From Wikipedia:

During various interactive Q&As for the film, Smith has stated that the original ending actually continued through with the trumpets signaling the Rapture. After Cooper tells Keenan to shoot him, Cooper's chest explodes, followed by the remaining family members' chests exploding one by one, and then the remaining agents' chests exploding one by one. During these deaths, the ground shakes and splits, and Keenan curls up on the ground and closes his eyes. When he opens his eyes he sees the last agent killed with a giant sword coming out of his chest, which is being wielded by an enormous armored angel. The angel looks at Keenan, puts a finger to his lips, and says "shhhhh". The angel then flies off into the sky, and as the angel banks out of the picture the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse descend.

Ehhhh... yeah. I don't think that would've worked. :blink:

That sounds pretty frickin' sweet to me.