Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

I'll still with the Pegg/Frost scenario...I just watched

The Worlds End

I enjoyed it,for me better than Hot Fuzz but not as good as Shaun...Spaced remains my fav stuff from them though :)

I've never seen Spaced, though it's been on my list for a minute. And I agree, Shaun of the Dead is my favourite flavour of the Cornetto trilogy.

Tough one. Shaun Of The Dead is classic, but I really liked Hot Fuzz. All 3 are good, and I also like Paul.

Me too all quality

'Run, Fatboy, Run' is also pretty good (albeit that there's no Nick Frost) ... with Dylan Moran delivering one of my favourite lines in a film: "The only serious relationship I've been in ended in a broken collarbone and a dead meerkat." :)

Not "That is the second most disgusting fluid I've had in my eye"?

Pretty much anything Dylan Moran comes out with is funny ... :)

"The Howling" (1981)

After suffering a traumatic experience, a TV reporter (Dee Wallace Stone) is sent to a remote "therapy retreat" to recover. Unfortunately, she soon learns that the place is infested with werewolves. (D'oh!)
Joe "Gremlins" Dante's lycanthrope saga takes a while to get going but once the cool wolf transformation FX kick in the last half hour is a ton of fun. "The Howling" was followed by approximately seven thousand direct-to-video sequels, none of which are worth a crap.

• My Little Pony

The Worlds End

I enjoyed it,for me better than Hot Fuzz but not as good as Shaun...Spaced remains my fav stuff from them though :)

I've never seen Spaced, though it's been on my list for a minute. And I agree, Shaun of the Dead is my favourite flavour of the Cornetto trilogy.

Tough one. Shaun Of The Dead is classic, but I really liked Hot Fuzz. All 3 are good, and I also like Paul.

Me too all quality

'Run, Fatboy, Run' is also pretty good (albeit that there's no Nick Frost) ... with Dylan Moran delivering one of my favourite lines in a film: "The only serious relationship I've been in ended in a broken collarbone and a dead meerkat." :)

Especially his character on Black Books.

Actually... that's all I know him from. And he played the twat on Shaun of the Dead. What else has he done that I ought to check out?

"Tamara" (2005)

Entertainingly gruesome high-school horror that can best be summed up as " I Know What Carrie Did Last Summer."
A nerd girl who dabbles in witchcraft is accidentally murdered by a gang of "populars," who bury her in the woods and swear never to speak of it again. Imagine their surprise when she sashays back into school the next day, having undergone an apparent Extreme Undead Hottie Makeover, and proceeds to exact terrible vengeance on them all. Sadistic fun!

"Blacula" (1972)

"His bite was outta sight!"
An African prince who was bitten by the original Count Dracula awakens in modern day L.A. and pursues a woman who resembles his long dead wife.
This cult classic mashup of the blax-ploitation and horror genres is played straight, but after all these years it's become a campy, retro hoot. Turn off your brain and groove on the funk-tastic fashions, the music, and the slang.

"Clambake" (1967)

In one of Elvis' lesser film vehicles, he plays a millionaire oilman's son who goes to a Florida resort and switches places with a lowly water-skiing instructor to see if he can find a girl who'll love him for "him" and not for his money. Lame songs, lots of hot '60s beach bunnies and wacky hijinks involving a boat race and a villainous Bill Bixby (with blonde hair!) follow. Legend has it that Elvis hated this movie and only did it for the paycheck because he was in a financial crunch at the time.

My wife and I watch this movie every time it's on TV, even though it's terrible, because we have special memories attached to the first time we saw it. Plus, we love that groovy-as-hell theme song. Seriously, "Claaaaaam-bake, gonna have a clambake! Claaaaaam-bake, gonna have a clambake!" is gonna be stuck in my head for days now. :rofl2:

"Lizzie Borden Took an Ax" (2014)

Christina Ricci plays the title role in this made for TV drama about the trial of the infamous 19th century axe murderess. A well acted, if occasionally dry, period piece.

The new Godzilla.

It was good, but I guess my expectations are/were to high.

Spoiler:

I wish they would have taken more initiative and time developing the conspiracy theory element with Cranston's character, instead of killing him off in the first act. I would have like to have seen him be the "hero" and not have it have been so military based for the protagonist, but more philosophical and intellectually driven. Again it was a good effort, but the potential for GREATNESS was missed. IMHO.

"The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb" (1964)

The usually-reliable Hammer Studios produced this rather dull Mummy flick, in which an undead Egyptian prince shambles around turn of the century London, killing off the archaeologists who disturbed his tomb. This flick takes forever to get going - it takes almost an hour before the Mummy finally starts doin' his thing - and by then I was beyond caring. Pass on this one, there are far better Hammer Horror offerings.

"Lizzie Borden Took an Ax" (2014)

Christina Ricci plays the title role in this made for TV drama about the trial of the infamous 19th century axe murderess. A well acted, if occasionally dry, period piece.

My wifes family are Borden relatives!

"Baby's Day Out" (1994)

In this slapstick "Home Alone" variant from John Hughes, a trio of dim witted crooks kidnap a wealthy couple's baby for ransom. However, their plan hits a snag when the kid crawls out of their hideout and heads off on an adventure through the streets of Chicago. Cartoonish mayhem ensues as they try to get him back, and get put thru the wringer in the process.
My 7 year old LOVES this movie, he made me play the scene where Joe Mantegna's crotch catches fire - and his partners put it out by stomping on it repeatedly - three times. :rofl2:

"Satan's Little Helper" (2004)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7J1W25OZrA

An absolutely craptacular no budget horror comedy (tho I think the comedy is mostly unintentional) about an apparently retarded kid who becomes a serial killer's unwitting assistant on Halloween night -- because he thinks the masked psycho is a character from his favorite video game, come to life. Yeah, that boy ain't right. This kid was so annoying that I was hoping the psycho would eventually twist his head off, but no such luck.

Seriously folks, y'all know I love me some bad movies but this wasn't even close to the "good" kind of bad. I think watching this film gave me a traumatic brain injury. For the love of God, avoid this movie!!!

"Baby's Day Out" (1994)

In this slapstick "Home Alone" variant from John Hughes, a trio of dim witted crooks kidnap a wealthy couple's baby for ransom. However, their plan hits a snag when the kid crawls out of their hideout and heads off on an adventure through the streets of Chicago. Cartoonish mayhem ensues as they try to get him back, and get put thru the wringer in the process.

My 7 year old LOVES this movie, he made me play the scene where Joe Mantegna's crotch catches fire - and his partners put it out by stomping on it repeatedly - three times. :rofl2:

LOVE this movie!!!! Good stupid fun!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

The Worlds End

Me too all quality

Especially his character on Black Books.

Actually... that's all I know him from. And he played the twat on Shaun of the Dead. What else has he done that I ought to check out?

He's not that much of an actor - apart from bit parts in 'Run Fatboy Run' and 'Notting Hill', you probably won't have seen him IN anything other than the utterly-brilliant Black Books. Your best bet is to seek out some of his stand-up stuff :)

It's my day off 'n' the weather sucks so Wifey and I fired up Netflix for a Schlock-Tober double feature:

"Detention" (2011)

A tiresome high school horror/comedy that wishes it was as clever as "Scream" but in the end is barely a cut above crap like the "Scary Movie" series. It's prom season and a psycho killer is stalking a high school full of annoyingly ironic hipster larva who constantly break the "4th wall" to make '90s pop culture references to the audience. It's somewhat funny for the first few minutes, starts getting mildly irritating by the halfway point and makes the leap to "totally random nonsense" by the end. Good for a few chuckles but that's about it.

"Return to Horror High" (1987)

A low budget film crew is shooting a horror flick at an abandoned high school that was the site of a famous mass murder...when naturally, a masked somebody-or-other starts picking off the cast and crew one by one. There's nothing here that you haven't seen in 1000 other slashers but "Horror High" is worth a look just for the cast, which includes the always welcome Alex Rocco as a sleazy producer, a young, then-unknown George Clooney (in his film debut) and Maureen "Marcia Brady" McCormick (who rubs her blood-covered breasts and drops an "F" bomb)!

It's my day off 'n' the weather sucks so Wifey and I fired up Netflix for a Schlock-Tober double feature:

"Detention" (2011)

A tiresome high school horror/comedy that wishes it was as clever as "Scream" but in the end is barely a cut above crap like the "Scary Movie" series. It's prom season and a psycho killer is stalking a high school full of annoyingly ironic hipster larva who constantly break the "4th wall" to make '90s pop culture references to the audience. It's somewhat funny for the first few minutes, starts getting mildly irritating by the halfway point and makes the leap to "totally random nonsense" by the end. Good for a few chuckles but that's about it.

"Return to Horror High" (1987)

A low budget film crew is shooting a horror flick at an abandoned high school that was the site of a famous mass murder...when naturally, a masked somebody-or-other starts picking off the cast and crew one by one. There's nothing here that you haven't seen in 1000 other slashers but "Horror High" is worth a look just for the cast, which includes the always welcome Alex Rocco as a sleazy producer, a young, then-unknown George Clooney (in his film debut) and Maureen "Marcia Brady" McCormick (who rubs her blood-covered breasts and drops an "F" bomb)!

Marcia Brady shows her boobs?? Ok that's reason enough for Me to see this!!!! :tumbsup::tits::tits:

^^ Well, technically her boobs were still covered (in a low cut top, splattered w/blood) but she *does* rub them in a manner most suggestive, haha. Mr. and Mrs. Brady would *not* approve!

"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" (2013)

Jennifer Lawrence returns for a second round of futuristic fight-to-the-death fun in the continuation of the dystopian sci-fi series. Pretty cool, action packed stuff that actually held my 12 year old's attention for its entire two and a half hour length.

"The Crow" (1994)

http://youtu.be/gA6GYAtvNcs

A mystical bird resurrects a murdered Goth-rocker (Brandon Lee, in his final film role) so he can avenge the death of his beloved. This stylish action flick was unfortunately marred by the on-set tragedy that took Lee's life, but 20 years after the fact it still holds up.

The Croods (with the kids) .... the best Nic Cage film I've seen for a while :)