Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Michael Clayton ; I'm amazed at all the Academy Award nominations this got (7, I think?) and the few it won. I don't really "get" it. Yeah, George Clooney puts in a good performance but the movie just wasn't that great. Straight forward storyline about an employee/director who finds out he's working for a f*cked up organisation and then tries to expose them. Don't get me wrong, it was not a bad film. It was just slow, a little drawn out and just not really anything special, at all.

My wife and I sat through about 40 minutes of this one and turned it off. Just seemed really slow, boring and massively up its own arse. She's a huge Clooney fan and will usually watch anything with him in it, which says something about how bored we were.

"Titanic II" (2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f720MNvOeVc

Those wacky B-Movie makers at The Asylum (makers of all those cheap SyFy Channel movies about giant sea creatures with "MEGA" in the title) are at it again!

Obviously this is not a sequel to the 1997 James Cameron film (though I'm sure they're banking on people being dumb enough to rent/watch it under the mistaken impression that it is), but an unrelated disaster film about a replica of the famed ship (dubbed the "Titanic II," thus justifying the misleading title) traveling on the same route as the original on the 100th anniversary of the disaster. Unfortunately, a big ass tsunami caused by melting icebergs is heading straight for the new ship. History repeats itself, hilarity ensues.

Bruce Davison("X-Men") and Brooke Burns (TV's "Dog Eat Dog") try hard to play it straight against a bunch of cheap CGI effects and scenes stolen from other, better disaster movies.

A total hoot if you're in the right frame of mind.

"Titanic II" 2010)

Those wacky B-Movie makers at The Asylum (makers of all those cheap SyFy Channel movies about giant sea creatures with "MEGA" in the title) are at it again!

Obviously this is not a sequel to the 1997 James Cameron film (though I'm sure they're banking on people being dumb enough to rent/watch it under the mistaken impression that it is), but an unrelated disaster film about a replica of the famed ship (dubbed the "Titanic II," thus justifying the misleading title) traveling on the same route as the original on the 100th anniversary of the disaster. Unfortunately, a big ass tsunami caused by melting icebergs is heading straight for the new ship. History repeats itself, hilarity ensues.

Bruce Greenwood ("X-Men") and Brooke Burns (TV's "Dog Eat Dog") try hard to play it straight against a bunch of cheap CGI effects and scenes stolen from other, better disaster movies.

A total hoot if you're in the right frame of mind.

That sounds like just about the worst premise for a film ever! There are probably some that aren't far off, but I can't think of anything as ridiculous off the top of my head.

That sounds like just about the worst premise for a film ever! There are probably some that aren't far off, but I can't think of anything as ridiculous off the top of my head.

Of course it is. It's from the same studio that has brought us such gems as "Transmorphers," "AVH: Alien Vs. Hunter," "The Terminators," "Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus," "Mega Piranha," and on and on and on.... for lovers of bad cinema (i.e., me), their productions are comedy gold. :rofl:

• My Little Pony

Amadeus: Great film.

Going the Distance: Absolutely hilarious.

The Doghouse: Another hilarious film. Sadly under-rated.

Megamind: Very well done.

Slipstream: Too confusing for most viewers, and still makes little sense if you do understand what's going on.

The Horse's Mouth: One of the great Alec Guinness comedies.

Michael Clayton ; I'm amazed at all the Academy Award nominations this got (7, I think?) and the few it won. I don't really "get" it. Yeah, George Clooney puts in a good performance but the movie just wasn't that great. Straight forward storyline about an employee/director who finds out he's working for a f*cked up organisation and then tries to expose them. Don't get me wrong, it was not a bad film. It was just slow, a little drawn out and just not really anything special, at all.

My wife and I sat through about 40 minutes of this one and turned it off. Just seemed really slow, boring and massively up its own arse. She's a huge Clooney fan and will usually watch anything with him in it, which says something about how bored we were.

Yeah, my wife (another Clooney fan - aren't they all? :lol:) was asleep probably sooner than that into it. I think she woke up again around the end, but she was bored silly with it. Using all of my massive mindspan I just can't for the life of me see what all the fuss about the film is. As I said, it's such a basic story but arguably done in a fashion less interesting than most similar natured films. I think at 40mins into it you're kind of not sure at all what you're watching as a point has not been made yet... just long-winded pointless scenes fading into each other. "Up its own arse" is actually a good way to describe it.

Oh well, I guess we can just agree film critics are stoners and move on.

BTW, am I sick because I'd like to see that Titanic sequel? :lol:

Not at all, you're just a cinematic masochist like me. :lol:

Though as I said, technically it's not a "sequel," though I'm sure the studio that made it ("The Asylum") hopes that enough dummies will rent it thinking that it is. The ship in the movie is a replica of the original Titanic that is dubbed "Titanic II," thus justifying the misleading title.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody dumb enough to rent or buy it under the impression that it's an actual sequel to the Leonardo DiCaprio "Titanic" deserves whatever they get. :rofl:

Though as I said, technically it's not a "sequel," though I'm sure the studio that made it ("The Asylum") hopes that enough dummies will rent it thinking that it is. The ship in the movie is a replica of the original Titanic that is dubbed "Titanic II," thus justifying the misleading title.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody dumb enough to rent or buy it under the impression that it's an actual sequel to the Leonardo DiCaprio "Titanic" deserves whatever they get. :rofl:

Haha... yeah, I think the idea sounds... uh, awesome. :lol: I don't know why, just wouldn't mind taking a look at it. :)

Haha... yeah, I think the idea sounds... uh, awesome. :lol: I don't know why, just wouldn't mind taking a look at it. :)

It's got a couple of cute chicks in it, if that helps your decision making process any. :lol:

It's got a couple of cute chicks in it, if that helps your decision making process any. :lol:

That always speeds up the decision making process. ;) Just had a look at the preview (without sound here at work) and production-wise it actually doesn't look as shabby as I'd expect. The blonde looks nice too. :) I notice you comment on it's hilarity. Is it unintentionally funny because it's so stupid, or is it part comedy?

That always speeds up the decision making process. ;) Just had a look at the preview (without sound here at work) and production-wise it actually doesn't look as shabby as I'd expect. The blonde looks nice too. :) I notice you comment on it's hilarity. Is it unintentionally funny because it's so stupid, or is it part comedy?

Ohhh, yeah, definitely unintentional humor. Stuff like being able to see trees and buildings out the windows of a "ship" that's supposedly miles out at sea, characters running through access tunnels that were obviously filmed in a building (NOT on a boat) cuz the floors and walls were made of concrete, etc., etc. ... I could go on but you get the idea. My wife and I had a blast picking apart all the continuity errors and sh*t that just did NOT work... :lol:

• My Little Pony

Blazing Saddles.. Probably My Favorite Mel Brooks movie.. An absolute classic!!! :rofl2:

I'd rate Young Frankenstein as his greatest work. And, being a huge Star Wars nerd, I'd still put Space Balls ahead of Blazing Saddles.

Blazing Saddles.. Probably My Favorite Mel Brooks movie.. An absolute classic!!! :rofl2:

I'd rate Young Frankenstein as his greatest work. And, being a huge Star Wars nerd, I'd still put Space Balls ahead of Blazing Saddles.

I loved 'Space Balls' back then.

I loved 'Space Balls' back then.

Me too, but I'd vote for Blazing Saddles as his best. Some of the gags in that are outrageously funny. Best gag in Space Balls for me is where they catch the stunt doubles. Genius!

Re-watch: "KISS Loves You" (2007)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQSH8Tws41E

Cool, low budget documentary about KISS fandom during the 90s, focusing on the people who attend KISS Conventions and play in tribute bands. This film is a particularly cool trip down memory lane for me as I was part of that "scene" for quite a few years. My brother and I are in this movie for about two seconds, but even if we weren't, I would dig this flick anyway.

..and no, that's NOT me in the Gene Simmons makeup in this clip. :lol:

Lemmy

Looking forward to checking this one out. VH1 Classic is showing it this coming Friday night as part of their "Rock Docs" series. :beerbang:

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Excellent thriller, the crimes are really horrific, but a great film.

Cellular

Really surprised at this one, I thought it was going to be awful, but it's a very watchable action film/thriller. Far fetched, but enjoyable.

Cellular

Really surprised at this one, I thought it was going to be awful, but it's a very watchable action film/thriller. Far fetched, but enjoyable.

I watched this one a week or two ago too. Fun stuff, though I kept thinking that if my friend Glenn (who works for AT&T Wireless) were watching it with me he probably would've pointed out at least 100 things about its portrayal of cell phone technology that were technically inaccurate. :lol:

Jason Statham was bad-ass as the bad guy and Kim Basinger did a nice job as the kidnapped MILF.

Lemmy

Looking forward to checking this one out. VH1 Classic is showing it this coming Friday night as part of their "Rock Docs" series. :beerbang:

You probably won't learn alot more about him than you did before, but it's a very very entertaining movie - the scene where he dresses up in full German soldier kit and drives a tank is brilliant. The man is a complete god imo.

Have you heard the new album btw? - Fucking immense! :headbanger:

You probably won't learn alot more about him than you did before, but it's a very very entertaining movie - the scene where he dresses up in full German soldier kit and drives a tank is brilliant. The man is a complete god imo.

Have you heard the new album btw? - Fucking immense! :headbanger:

Haven't heard the whole thing yet but I listened to a couple of tracks on YouTube just last night and it immediately went on my shopping list! :beerbang: