Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Without Warning (1980)

A watched this sci-fi/horror flick again after 25(!) years, and it's still creepy enough to have some chill on my back. I'm sure that some of you saw this film too (Freddy?), it's about a head-hunter alien who likes throwing some kinda frisbee style, flesh-eating creatures in the woods, and then he collects the corpses in a cabin... Anyways, it was fun watching it again! :headbanger:

I like this poster:

o_pdqhFMtkMmZnjK3.jpg

Without Warning (1980)

A watched this sci-fi/horror flick again after 25(!) years, and it's still creepy enough to have some chill on my back. I'm sure that some of you saw this film too (Freddy?), it's about a head-hunter alien who likes throwing some kinda frisbee style, flesh-eating creatures in the woods, and then he collects the corpses in a cabin... Anyways, it was fun watching it again! :headbanger:

I like this poster:

o_pdqhFMtkMmZnjK3.jpg

Don't believe I've ever seen this one but it certainly looks like my kinda meat. Will have to look into it.

"Heavy Metal in Baghdad" - the documentary about Acrassicauda, the only heavy metal band in Iraq, and their daily struggles trying to keep their band together in the midst of a war zone. After seeing the sh*t this band goes through on a daily basis, all I can say is DAMN. Next time I read an interview with some lame-a$$ band complaining about how tough life on the road is, I hope someone tells them to shut up and watch this movie.

"Heavy Metal in Baghdad" - the documentary about Acrassicauda, the only heavy metal band in Iraq, and their daily struggles trying to keep their band together in the midst of a war zone. After seeing the sh*t this band goes through on a daily basis, all I can say is DAMN. Next time I read an interview with some lame-a$$ band complaining about how tough life on the road is, I hope someone tells them to shut up and watch this movie.

Sounds f***ing awesome! :party421:

Sounds f***ing awesome! :party421:

Yea, it was very cool, in a depressing sort of way. In addition to the band activities, the documentary crew also got a lot of on-the-ground footage of what day-to-day life is like in Baghdad; the type of stuff that doesn't make it onto the sanitized nightly TV news, if you know what I mean. Fascinating but it also bummed the hell out of me.

Since the film was made (2007) the band members have all relocated to the U.S. and have released a four song EP, which I am now interested in picking up...

The Burning (1981)

Another classic slasher I haven't seen before. All I can say is wow, that's better than Friday 13th (the story is the same, you know), I liked the atmosphere and the killings are really cruel, esp. the infamous raft scene... Recommended.

burning26.jpg

The Burning (1981)

Another classic slasher I haven't seen before. All I can say is wow, that's better than Friday 13th (the story is the same, you know), I liked the atmosphere and the killings are really cruel, esp. the infamous raft scene... Recommended.

burning26.jpg

CROPSY!!! :beerbang: F*ckin' A, I haven't seen that movie in dog years. Such a good 'un.

Went to see the new "Karate Kid" and "The A-Team" tonight. Both are excellent. :beerbang:

Went to see the new "Karate Kid" and "The A-Team" tonight. Both are excellent. :beerbang:

Seriously? :o

"They Live" - John Carpenter's masterpiece of paranoia. SLEEP. OBEY. CONSUME.

Started watching "Superman Returns" last night but it was too damn late at night and that movie is too damn long (didn't realize it was two and a half hours long before I pressed "play!"), so I shut it off about halfway thru. Will pick up where I left off tonite.

So far I'm diggin' it. Kevin Spacey seems to be having fun as Lex Luthor.

Finished watching "Superman Returns" last night. I honestly liked the first half of the movie better than the second half, when things got a little too dark and gritty for me. I know it's all the rage to make superhero movies more "realistic" nowadays but "grim and gritty" doesnt' really work for Superman. He's supposed to be this nigh-invulnerable, all American, red white and blue Boy Scout. Seeing him get beaten half to death by Lex Luthor's goons, stabbed by Lex himself, then get thrown off a cliff kinda took me out of the moment. By the time he was in the hospital back in Metropolis hanging by a thread I'm like "Oh come on, I know this is more realistic but this is SUPERMAN! He's TOUGHER than this!"

I also could've done without Lois Lane's annoying kid (who thankfully will be nowhere to be seen in the "reboot" of the Superman flicks that's supposedly in the works), that entire segment of the story was totally unnecessary.

So all in all, decent. I liked most of it, didn't think it was nearly as bad as some have said, but The Big Red "S" deserved a hella lot better.

Hey Keith?? Did you like Kevin Spacey as Luther though?? He was downright spooky.....

Anyways...

Yesterday I watched "From Paris with Love"?? Fucking Excellent!! Probably John Travolta's BEST role since Pulp Fiction.. I LOVED it!!!

Then I watched Shutter Island?? While I am not a huge fan of Leonardo DeCaprio?? He was Brilliant in this!! Not really a horror flick, more of a psychological thriller.. Very well done...... :tumbsup: