Has anybody heard of SIERRA?

I just shared the following song in AOR Song of the Day, but I figure I'll also create a separate thread since I can't find any information about this band—not even a Discogs page! If anybody has any info to share about them, that'll be awesome!

1 hour ago, Doggy said:

The debut sells for BIG Money.

Try Sierra (39) on discogs.

Thanks, Doggy, you're the man! Also... HOLY SHIT!!! $806.45 for one CD?! And I thought my copy of "The Big Noise" by Blue Blud (which cost about $80) was expensive. While I've always believed that great music is priceless, I think this might be just a tad bit over my budget. 😅

• My Little Pony
16 minutes ago, GarrisonDreams said:

Thanks, Doggy, you're the man! Also... HOLY SHIT!!! $806.45 for one CD?! And I thought my copy of "The Big Noise" by Blue Blud (which cost about $80) was expensive. While I've always believed that great music is priceless, I think this might be just a tad bit over my budget. 😅

Welcome to CD collecting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Welcome to CD collecting. 

Really? The most expensive CD's I've found are like $100 or so. But now I'm curious, what's the most expensive CD you've seen?

1 hour ago, GarrisonDreams said:

Really? The most expensive CD's I've found are like $100 or so. But now I'm curious, what's the most expensive CD you've seen?

I paid 125 dollars for my Black 'N Blue CD's back in 2000. I have to really, really like somethin to pay that though. Paid 100 bucks for Vinnie Vincents EP. Couple more in there but I don't go over 150 now for anything..

Edited by TheOriginalSplash
edit

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

This might give you some ideas: 

https://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/topic/22278-what-is-the-rarest-album-you-own/

5 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

Have look at Surrender (15), and price for the original, not the re-issue.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, TheOriginalSplash said:

I paid 125 dollars for my Black 'N Blue CD's back in 2000. I have to really, really like somethin to pay that though. Paid 100 bucks for Vinnie Vincents EP. Couple more in there but I don't go over 150 now for anything..

I paid $25 for my Black 'N Blue when it was released. 

When I picked it up at one of my local haunts and played it to a mate of mine, he loved it and asked me to order him a copy, which I did the next day.

That night he picked up a copy at another store (I wasn't thrilled).

When I called the next day to cancel the order, the guy cracked the shits.

I'd purchased a lot from this store, but that was it. Never went back.

7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

When I picked it up at one of my local haunts and played it to a mate of mine, he loved it and asked me to order him a copy, which I did the next day.

That night he picked up a copy at another store (I wasn't thrilled).

When I called the next day to cancel the order, the guy cracked the shits.

I'd purchased a lot from this store, but that was it. Never went back.

Ya I bought the cassettes of them when they came out & I still have them but I played the first one so much the tape got funny ...lol. The CD's sound good.

• My Little Pony
19 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I think I paid around that for the box set. They're all in sleeves, which isn't ideal, but it beats the alternative. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I think I paid around that for the box set. They're all in sleeves, which isn't ideal, but it beats the alternative. 

Ya I've got that too paid 50 for it, it's a Majestic [wich is gone now] press. I'm really crazy about these guys music I still listen too alot.

On 6/13/2024 at 1:20 AM, GarrisonDreams said:

The most I will spend on a CD is £30 and I have to be really desperate for it to spend that much. According to Discogs, my most valuable CDs are the Jap Ratt EP (£351), Metal Shop - Hole patrol (£273) Metal Skool version of same album (£195) and Kane Roberts - Unsung Radio 2CD (£191) ... I didn't pay anywhere close to those prices (and not even close to me £30 limit)

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 3:27 PM, lettard said:

Jebus..is that Kane Roberts really going for that kind of price :omg: 

Hey, Kane Roberts is a badass (I'd pay that much and more) :headbanger:!.. If I had that kind of money...

Edited by GarrisonDreams

On 6/16/2024 at 7:55 PM, Captain Howdy said:

There is one on Discogs right now for £211.

I just looked it up on Discogs and it's going for about $95 (£74.68)

6 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

That the CDr?

6 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

That's the single disc reissue. The double disc original is the one that is £211

37 minutes ago, Doggy said:

That the CDr?

Nah, the two disc was the CDr and that is the one that goes for most money. The one he saw is the reissue that was only a single disc and I think silver pressed.

Yeah the 2cd is the one I have with unreleased material on cd2 , worth it for that alone even when you own Phoenix Down.