Jump to content

Has anybody heard of SIERRA?


Recommended Posts

I just shared the following song in AOR Song of the Day, but I figure I'll also create a separate thread since I can't find any information about this band—not even a Discogs page! If anybody has any info to share about them, that'll be awesome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doggy said:

The debut sells for BIG Money.

Try Sierra (39) on discogs.

Thanks, Doggy, you're the man! Also... HOLY SHIT!!! $806.45 for one CD?! And I thought my copy of "The Big Noise" by Blue Blud (which cost about $80) was expensive. While I've always believed that great music is priceless, I think this might be just a tad bit over my budget. 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony
16 minutes ago, GarrisonDreams said:

Thanks, Doggy, you're the man! Also... HOLY SHIT!!! $806.45 for one CD?! And I thought my copy of "The Big Noise" by Blue Blud (which cost about $80) was expensive. While I've always believed that great music is priceless, I think this might be just a tad bit over my budget. 😅

Welcome to CD collecting. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Welcome to CD collecting. 

Really? The most expensive CD's I've found are like $100 or so. But now I'm curious, what's the most expensive CD you've seen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GarrisonDreams said:

Really? The most expensive CD's I've found are like $100 or so. But now I'm curious, what's the most expensive CD you've seen?

I paid 125 dollars for my Black 'N Blue CD's back in 2000. I have to really, really like somethin to pay that though. Paid 100 bucks for Vinnie Vincents EP. Couple more in there but I don't go over 150 now for anything..

Edited by TheOriginalSplash
edit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony
3 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

Really? The most expensive CD's I've found are like $100 or so. But now I'm curious, what's the most expensive CD you've seen?

This might give you some ideas: 

https://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/topic/22278-what-is-the-rarest-album-you-own/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

Really? The most expensive CD's I've found are like $100 or so. But now I'm curious, what's the most expensive CD you've seen?

Have look at Surrender (15), and price for the original, not the re-issue.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, TheOriginalSplash said:

I paid 125 dollars for my Black 'N Blue CD's back in 2000. I have to really, really like somethin to pay that though. Paid 100 bucks for Vinnie Vincents EP. Couple more in there but I don't go over 150 now for anything..

I paid $25 for my Black 'N Blue when it was released. 

When I picked it up at one of my local haunts and played it to a mate of mine, he loved it and asked me to order him a copy, which I did the next day.

That night he picked up a copy at another store (I wasn't thrilled).

When I called the next day to cancel the order, the guy cracked the shits.

I'd purchased a lot from this store, but that was it. Never went back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I paid $25 for my Black 'N Blue when it was released. 

When I picked it up at one of my local haunts and played it to a mate of mine, he loved it and asked me to order him a copy, which I did the next day.

That night he picked up a copy at another store (I wasn't thrilled).

When I called the next day to cancel the order, the guy cracked the shits.

I'd purchased a lot from this store, but that was it. Never went back.

Ya I bought the cassettes of them when they came out & I still have them but I played the first one so much the tape got funny ...lol. The CD's sound good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony
19 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I paid $25 for my Black 'N Blue when it was released.

I think I paid around that for the box set. They're all in sleeves, which isn't ideal, but it beats the alternative. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I think I paid around that for the box set. They're all in sleeves, which isn't ideal, but it beats the alternative. 

Ya I've got that too paid 50 for it, it's a Majestic [wich is gone now] press. I'm really crazy about these guys music I still listen too alot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2024 at 1:20 AM, GarrisonDreams said:

Thanks, Doggy, you're the man! Also... HOLY SHIT!!! $806.45 for one CD?! And I thought my copy of "The Big Noise" by Blue Blud (which cost about $80) was expensive. While I've always believed that great music is priceless, I think this might be just a tad bit over my budget. 😅

The most I will spend on a CD is £30 and I have to be really desperate for it to spend that much. According to Discogs, my most valuable CDs are the Jap Ratt EP (£351), Metal Shop - Hole patrol (£273) Metal Skool version of same album (£195) and Kane Roberts - Unsung Radio 2CD (£191) ... I didn't pay anywhere close to those prices (and not even close to me £30 limit)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2024 at 4:27 PM, lettard said:

Jebus..is that Kane Roberts really going for that kind of price :omg: 

There is one on Discogs right now for £211.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

There is one on Discogs right now for £211.

Unreal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2024 at 3:27 PM, lettard said:

Jebus..is that Kane Roberts really going for that kind of price :omg: 

Hey, Kane Roberts is a badass (I'd pay that much and more) :headbanger:!.. If I had that kind of money...

Edited by GarrisonDreams
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2024 at 7:55 PM, Captain Howdy said:

There is one on Discogs right now for £211.

I just looked it up on Discogs and it's going for about $95 (£74.68)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2024 at 9:15 PM, Captain Howdy said:

yup. just glad I bought it when it first released

 

Same :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

I just looked it up on Discogs and it's going for about $95 (£74.68)

That the CDr?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

I just looked it up on Discogs and it's going for about $95 (£74.68)

That's the single disc reissue. The double disc original is the one that is £211

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Doggy said:

That the CDr?

 

Nah, the two disc was the CDr and that is the one that goes for most money. The one he saw is the reissue that was only a single disc and I think silver pressed.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah the 2cd is the one I have with unreleased material on cd2 , worth it for that alone even when you own Phoenix Down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.