Can someone fill me in on the band - At 1980

jondavis

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, jondavis said:

Hardly ever went to the other music section. Guess I should.

A simple search would've saved you some time. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

At 1980 are a synthwave due cosisting of Adrian Quesada Michelena from Spain and Josh Dally from England. It started out as a personal project for Adrian who was born in 1980, hence the name. He contacted Josh for a vocal performance on a more or less finished track at the time and then they worked together on another track this time cowriting it and voila At 1980 as a duo was born. The AOR influence you hear comes from the fact Adrian is a big fan of melodic rock.

45 minutes ago, Mr.AOR said:

At 1980 are a synthwave due cosisting of Adrian Quesada Michelena from Spain and Josh Dally from England. It started out as a personal project for Adrian who was born in 1980, hence the name. He contacted Josh for a vocal performance on a more or less finished track at the time and then they worked together on another track this time cowriting it and voila At 1980 as a duo was born. The AOR influence you hear comes from the fact Adrian is a big fan of melodic rock.

Nice to hear that AOR had a big influence on someone that grew up past the 80's music scene.

Good writing and the 80's movies someone is putting the songs to really helps bring the songs out.

I went through a bunch of the synthwave songs on  this site, not a genre I ever looked at much.

Sounds like some decent stuff there, might have to pay more attention to it.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 2:08 AM, jondavis said:

Nice to hear that AOR had a big influence on someone that grew up past the 80's music scene.

Good writing and the 80's movies someone is putting the songs to really helps bring the songs out.

I went through a bunch of the synthwave songs on  this site, not a genre I ever looked at much.

Sounds like some decent stuff there, might have to pay more attention to it.

Look into Magic Dance and LeBrock too, those are a couple of great projects that blend synthwave and AOR.

17 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Look into Magic Dance and LeBrock too, those are a couple of great projects that blend synthwave and AOR.

and the new Gunship cd :drink2:maybe not so much AOR but damn good stuff

Edited by lettard
  • Like 2

On 2/29/2024 at 3:09 PM, Mr.AOR said:

synthwave

Nuff said.

It's comments like these that are so helpful.

Saved me 30 seconds clicking a YouTube like 😀

41 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Nuff said.

It's comments like these that are so helpful.

Saved me 30 seconds clicking a YouTube like 😀

Didn’t realise Def Leppard were a synthwave band, ‘cause these guys sound like ‘Hysteria’ era Def Leppard more than anything else I can think of. 😉

I was wondering the other day how many people miss out on good music because it is not under a label they desire. Very sad. 

15 hours ago, Geoff said:

Didn’t realise Def Leppard were a synthwave band, ‘cause these guys sound like ‘Hysteria’ era Def Leppard more than anything else I can think of. 😉

I was wondering the other day how many people miss out on good music because it is not under a label they desire. Very sad. 

I'll give it a go if it has any temnance of hysteria in it.

But there's so much music. I just don't have the time to try it all out so I rely on comments and feedback when opening a thread like this.