Is there issues between Frontiers and Amazon?

I have said this before in other topics, but I tend to order most of my CDs from Amazon due to being a prime member and not having to pay shipping, unless I can get the direct from an artist.

Over the last year or so, every single Frontiers release that I have preordered has shipped late, which does not happen with any other label, so I just assumed that maybe for some reason there was an issue with getting CDs from Italy. At the end of last year though I preordered the Cassidy Paris CD and like usual they said I would get it on the Tuesday of the next week rather than the Friday release date. Then it was delayed a few more days, then delayed again another week then silence. A month and a half later they cancelled the order as they said they could not get hold of it. I had checked out other international Amazon sites at the end of Dec like Germany and France, and they did not have it either. The only way you could buy it on Amazon was from market place sellers at hiked up prices. Thanks to Letard I ordered it from another retailer for a reasonable price.

My next preorder on Amazon is the new Durbin one, which once again was gonna come on the Tuesday after the Friday release. Just got another email saying it has been delayed.

I would order direct from Frontiers, but as they are in Italy thats not gonna happen when they charge £8 postage for a single CD.

Guess I will be going elsewhere for all my Frontiers albums in future. Just find it ridiculous that the biggest worldwide retailer cannot get their albums.

Which Amazon site are you ordering from, Amazon UK I assume?

It's been a while, but Amazon US hasn't historically had issues supplying Frontiers releases, but I have no idea about timing with respect to release date, as that's never been a concern for me: I'll make due with digital/spotify until the physical version shows up.

Then again, if Amazon UK is stocking at lower quantity than Amazon US, it's possible that it's a prioritization issue on Frontiers' end... dunno.

I gave up on ordering Frontiers CD's from Amazon as they were always late. When I do order, I get mine from Scott at Replay Records, who generally has them in a week before release and even with postage, come in cheaper than buying from Amazon. Scott provides a great service too, so a no brainer for me now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Which Amazon site are you ordering from, Amazon UK I assume?

It's been a while, but Amazon US hasn't historically had issues supplying Frontiers releases, but I have no idea about timing with respect to release date, as that's never been a concern for me: I'll make due with digital/spotify until the physical version shows up.

Then again, if Amazon UK is stocking at lower quantity than Amazon US, it's possible that it's a prioritization issue on Frontiers' end... dunno.

I order from UK site, but as I say, checked out several other international sites (even the Italian site seems to have issues). Not sure how smaller retailers are getting them on time and Amazon can't. As I say, the Cassidy Paris one came out early Dec if I remember correctly, and they still do not have it in stock on any of their European sites, but market place sellers have it.

1 hour ago, Jez said:

I gave up on ordering Frontiers CD's from Amazon as they were always late. When I do order, I get mine from Scott at Replay Records, who generally has them in a week before release and even with postage, come in cheaper than buying from Amazon. Scott provides a great service too, so a no brainer for me now.

Yeah that is who I have started using thanks to Letard. Just had a look at his site today and see a few sale items on there (something you rarely see with Frontiers albums on Amazon) and even buying multiple CDs, his postage is cheap.

I don't have that issue from Amazon Australia, the bigger issue is that Amazon always has new release Frontiers albums at inflated prices of $35-$45. It is hard to get any Frontiers albums at reasonable prices from anywhere in Australia. I mostly rely on overseas sellers on ebay. The bigger sellers like rarewaves usually have free postage internationally.

1 hour ago, auslander said:

I don't have that issue from Amazon Australia, the bigger issue is that Amazon always has new release Frontiers albums at inflated prices of $35-$45. It is hard to get any Frontiers albums at reasonable prices from anywhere in Australia. I mostly rely on overseas sellers on ebay. The bigger sellers like rarewaves usually have free postage internationally.

The problem with Frontiers prices is, probably due to the prices they supply them to Amazon and probably how much they charge to send them. On their Euro website most of their CDs are £12.99 but postage is £8. I don't know if that is due to Italian postage being expensive, much like how bad it is to order from the USA, or if it's just greed. I could send a CD to Italy for half that.

On Amazon, when they do have their CDs they are nearly always £14.99 and rarely drop in price over time. Go to independant sellers and they will be £12.99 same as Frontiers website, which is why I think there might be issues with Amazon and Frontiers as you would think Amazon would get a better deal with their buying power.

Some might defend their prices saying that it's still and indy label, but I have the upcoming Gun CD on preorder (signed version) and it's only £9.99.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

The problem with Frontiers prices is, probably due to the prices they supply them to Amazon and probably how much they charge to send them. On their Euro website most of their CDs are £12.99 but postage is £8. I don't know if that is due to Italian postage being expensive, much like how bad it is to order from the USA, or if it's just greed. I could send a CD to Italy for half that.

On Amazon, when they do have their CDs they are nearly always £14.99 and rarely drop in price over time. Go to independant sellers and they will be £12.99 same as Frontiers website, which is why I think there might be issues with Amazon and Frontiers as you would think Amazon would get a better deal with their buying power.

Some might defend their prices saying that it's still and indy label, but I have the upcoming Gun CD on preorder (signed version) and it's only £9.99.

I think ultimately not only the fans but the bands lose out with Frontiers pricing. Just one cd sale at $20 is worth approximately 10,000 streams. Getting cd (and to a lesser extent vinyl - due to much higher manufacturingand distribution costs) sales is crucial to band income. CD sales are even more relevant now to indie bands, which unlike legacy or premium artists can't make a stable income profit from touring. It's pretty irritating as a fan really but must be way worse for the bands wanting to shift more units.

9 hours ago, auslander said:

I think ultimately not only the fans but the bands lose out with Frontiers pricing. Just one cd sale at $20 is worth approximately 10,000 streams. Getting cd (and to a lesser extent vinyl - due to much higher manufacturingand distribution costs) sales is crucial to band income. CD sales are even more relevant now to indie bands, which unlike legacy or premium artists can't make a stable income profit from touring. It's pretty irritating as a fan really but must be way worse for the bands wanting to shift more units.

The thing is it's kinda omlettes and eggs. Pricing CDs high to make better profits is always cutting your nose off to spite your face. If you drop the price, make less profit per CD/vinyl, you could actually end up making more money because more units will shift. As I say, some indy labels and artists put out albums for lower prices than Frontiers, and while their overheads may be less, I am sure they will not have the visibility that Frontiers have, meaning tougher to make sales. Love or hate them, for the rock genre, Frontiers is currently the market leader.

Many bands will say though that touring is where they really make their money over album sales, but since Covid and the worldwide financial situation, even that has become unsustainable for many bands. Merch sales obviously are good money makers, but how much can a band afford to spend out on stock in advance? I think this is why there has been a recent trend of bands taking preorders on merchandise such as shirts before they are made so they can then decide exactly how many to order.

Streaming should be a money spinner for bands, but it is one of the biggest cons out there, with bands making next to nothing while the likes of Spotify pocket most of the money made through adverts and subscriptions.

22 hours ago, auslander said:

Don't go to Just Bullshit (formally JB) head office does the buying, heard just heard AC/DC first time on weekend.

Reason why I am slagging off about JB, is I went to order the new Riley's L A Guns. They would be two months wait, and it's up to head office they get me a copy.

• Thanks 1

So yeah, looks like I will be cancelling my Durbin preorder on Amazon UK, just got this apdate email :crazy:

New estimated delivery date: April 04, 2024 - August 23, 2024

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna order the new Crazy Lixx CD and as per usual seeing what the best option was price wise etc, and surprise surprise, Amazon do not have it, only market place. So yeah, ordered from Replay again like I did with Durbin and Cassidy Paris. Really seems as if Amazon UK are no longer stocking Frontiers albums.

When I quizzed the public relation guy, now ex, about Australia getting new releases as rest of the world, he replies was " Australia is small market so we don't worry about and other countries".

I read Frontiers' home country has get hard time getting releases