Bon Jovi - “Forever” coming June 07, 2024

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

New tune out.  I like this one.  Probably about as good as it can get from Bon Jovi at this point.

You know, I just listened to it and I actually don't it's all that bad.

Edited by GarrisonDreams

9 hours ago, tts42572 said:

New tune out.  I like this one.  Probably about as good as it can get from Bon Jovi at this point.

I actually like that. It's certainly not an all time classic, but better than anything released in the last decade or so. Certainly got an "It's my life" vibe to it.

13 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

You know, I just listened to it and I actually don't it's all that bad.

I just now noticed all these hours late how that sentence made no sense even after editing it. I mean to say I didn't think it sounded all that bad.

6 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I actually like that. It's certainly not an all time classic, but better than anything released in the last decade or so. Certainly got an "It's my life" vibe to it.

Hey, that's what I thought too! 😃

16 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Probably about as good as it can get from Bon Jovi at this point.

100% agree. I’d say this is as good as it’s gonna get from Jon & Co at this stage. Best I’ve heard from them in a great while.

On 5/17/2024 at 12:44 PM, tobi is an animal said:

Like Living Proof but this song is a big thumbs down.  This is exactly the kind of stuff I don't want to hear from Bon Jovi.

I can appreciate the sentiment as I think it's a song written for his daughter who is getting married.  But it should've stayed between him and her lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Gave this album a listen.....And for the most of the songs, I can't see myself listening to them again.

Living Proof for me is far and away the best song on the album.  Legendary is ok as a safe, tame, semi-catchy song.  I sort of feel the same about Waves and Walls of Jericho which are a couple other songs I could at least make it through that seem decent enough...at least they stood out to me compared to the other songs on the album.

Other than that though, the rest gets pretty dreadful for me and is pretty much all the sort of modern Bon Jovi stuff I was expecting that I just can't get into....fairly boring mid tempo songs & ballads.

Overall, for me it mostly just falls in line with the last 10-15 years of Bon Jovi material that I've struggled with.  I suspect that Living Proof will really be the only song that finds it's way into my playlists.

Going to go against the consensus and I quite like my first few spins today. Which I really hadn't expected. 

It's safe. It's bland. It's got some catchy tunes. Certainly worth a few listens IMO. 

I was gonna wait til this dropped in price before buying it, but the opportunity came up to purchase a signed copy, so I bit the bullet. Should be arriving Monday

Just seen they are now offering an exclusive digital version on their website which includes two extra tracks.

A demo of Legendary and exclusive song, That was then, this is now.

edit: same bonus tracks as Japanese release

Edited by Captain Howdy

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Just seen they are now offering an exclusive digital version on their website which includes two extra tracks.

A demo of Legendary and exclusive song, That was then, this is now.

edit: same bonus tracks as Japanese release

That song should've made the album.  It's not quite Edge of a Broken Heart or anything but for me it's still better than a handful of the songs on the album.

11 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

That song should've made the album.  It's not quite Edge of a Broken Heart or anything but for me it's still better than a handful of the songs on the album.

Of the whole album the only two songs that I like is the two I already knew before. Legendary, which has grown on me since it was first released and Living proof, which is the song that I wish the whole album took its cues from. The rest is the typical dross that we have had the last few albums.

48 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Of the whole album the only two songs that I like is the two I already knew before. Legendary, which has grown on me since it was first released and Living proof, which is the song that I wish the whole album took its cues from. The rest is the typical dross that we have had the last few albums.

Yeah, I'm about the same.  I can listen to Waves and Walls of Jericho too along with Legendary but Living Proof is far and away the best song on it IMO and likely the only song I'll add to any of my playlists. 

The rest is pretty poor IMO..... just dull and boring like the last few albums.  Honestly, there's 3-4 songs here that actually make me cringe when listening to them.  

Legendary - pedestrian modern country song which Jon is unable to elevate due to vocal limitations.

A weak song made even worse by the inclusion of unnecessary/annoying whoa's.

We Made It Look Easy - another modern country song, I don't mind this one, it's pleasant enough

but the song never really elevates

Living Proof - a rare up tempo song, this one has a good chorus probably the best chorus from Jon in almost 20 years,

the weak vocals prevent it from being an anthem, and I don't like the talkbox on the song,

I know Jon has become allergic to guitars but he shouldn't have buried the riff with the talkbox.

Waves - I don't mind it, another pleasant country song but jon does sound awful on the bridge.

Seeds - bores me to tears

Kiss the Bride - poor Stephanie.

The People's House - does nothing for me

Walls of Jericho - harmless and catchy, I don't mind it.

I Wrote You a Song - decent melody, I don't mind it.

Living in Paradise - milquetoast

My First Guitar - Jon is in love with his first guitar, but as mentioned before Jon has become allergic to guitars

so this song is kind of ironic. Another song I find a chore to get through.

Interesting he should mention Kiss as their song Forever is much better than anything on this album.

Hollow Man - can't stand this singer/songwriter crap jon does, a hard pass.

That Was Then, This Is Now - another boring modern country song, with vocals flatter than a pancake.