Power ballads website

gooup

Hi guys, i'm back after a hiatus of a couple of years. A couple of years ago i posted about my website where I've created a list of all the Hard Rock/AOR/Hair Metal power ballads from the 80s and beyond. You guys were a great help in giving me suggestions of ballads i was missing. (One of you suggested "Only Way Out (Rosalita)" by Cry Tuff which has become one of my top 5 ballads ever.)

in 2020 i lost my oldest son to addiction and i just didn't have the energy or the will to continue with the site, so the domain lapsed and the site vanished (except for wayback machine). A few months ago, i got the desire to resurrect the project and the site is back up and running at www.thepowerballadz.com.

The site is purely a hobby, a passion project, and i make no money from the endeavor. You can click on the name of the band and it brings you to the band's index site on heavyharmonies. The country flag can be clicked on and you see a list of all the bands from that country. The year of the ballad's release also links to a list of every ballad from that year.

Anyone that knows of any rare/obscure AOR/Hard Rock/Glam/Hair Bands that i don't have on my list - let me know! I really appreciate it, it keeps me busy and sane.

Power-Ballads-Thumbs-Up.png

• Like 1

Yeah mate, really sorry to hear about your loss. 

I've never heard that song you mentioned so I had to track it down. Only place I could find it was one random post on youtube... is this a channel you started, perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/@thepowerballads3039/featured

Very nice sounding song. I see it was only released on some obscure compilation album in 1993. Only other thing I could find by Cry Tuff was an album from 1987 called 'Nobody's Baby.' Is that any good? Going to check it out asap because I'm curious. 

Thanks so much, my friend. i've run into some miserable people in building this site and asking for recommendations, positive guys like you make my day.

Yep, that video is my doing. There was ZERO copies of that ballad on the interwebs, so i fixed that. I plan to do that with more obscure/rare/unreleased ballads. I'm currently working on a writeup about the song for my "Ballad of the Week" blog posts.

The Cry Tuff album is pretty good, not mind-blowingly great.

Thanks, again :)

• Like 1

Do you listen to all suggestions before adding them to your list?

There seems to be a huge amount of songs missing, mainly from newer artists, H.E.A.T, Nestor, One Desire, Art Nation etc...

Does everything after 1980 equally qualify? Or do you prefer suggestions coming from the main hairband era?

1. Yes, i TRY to listen to every suggestion, however if the song if suggested by a friend/colleague who knows my criteria, i'll add the song without having hearing it. I'd welcome any info on ballads by the bands you mentioned.

2. Modern ballads absolutely qualify. I'm excited about bands like H.E.A.T. and Lipz, for example - i just struggle finding the time to check out all the great new music coming out.

Compiled a list for you, but I can't see it in the comment section of your site, so here it is anyways:

Babylon A.D. - "Down the river of no return"
D-A-D - "Grow or Pay", "Laugh N' a Half", "Unowned", "Flat", "A Hand Without Strength", "Something Good", "Human Kind"
Damn Cheetah - "Forever", "Without your Love"
Electric Boys - "Sleeping in the Worlds smallest bed"
Eyes - "Don't Turn Around"
Fair Warning - "Take me Up"
Gotthard - "Let it Be", "One Life One Soul", "Say Goodbye", "Have a little faith", "What can I Do"
Guns N' Roses - "Since I don't Have you"
H.E.A.T - "Cry", "Shelter", "She's Like the Wind"
Little Angels - "Splendid Isolation", "Womankind", "Sail Away"
Mötley Cüe - "Nona", "New Tattoo", "Driftaway"
One Desire - "This is where the heartbreak begins", "Rio", "Only when I breathe"
Pink Cream 69 - "Where the Eagle learns to fly"
Red Dogs - "Eye of a Needle", "I Shall be Released"
Push - "You Belong to Me", "The First Cut is the Deepest", "Alone", "Need you Here", "Those were the Days", "One Reason", "Time to let You Know"
Saints and Sinners - "We Belong"
Scream - "Trying to Hold On"
Shotgun Messiah - "Ride the Storm"
Shotgun Revolution - "Hopefully"
Skin & Bones - "Let Her Go"
Skid Row - "October Song"
Sven Gali - "Whisper in the Rain"
Swedish Erotica - "Sweetest of Sins"
The Darkness - "Holding my Own"
Thunder - "A Better Man"
Tigertailz - "Heaven"
Tyketto - "The Last Sunset"
Ugly Kid Joe - "Candle Song"
Vince Neil - "Can't Change Me"
Wig Wam - "Tell me where to go", "Out of Time"
Zeno - "Love Will Live", "Don't Tell the Wind"

On 10/21/2023 at 10:26 AM, Kristian said:

Compiled a list for you, but I can't see it in the comment section of your site, so here it is anyways:

Thanks so much! What a list!!!