Electric Boys - Grandes Explosivos (2023)

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

The Boys are back in town!... to finish vocals on their latest effort, after recording the majority of in Palma, Mallorca. Those lucky bastards! 

They say the album should drop around October with a few singles being released up until the summer. Hope they continue to deliver. 

• 2 months later...

New single 'I've Got A Feelin'' out this Friday.

From Mighty Music:

While the world was twisted and spinning oddly like a broken carousel in the last couple of years, Swedish funk-infused rock’n’roll bastard child ELECTRIC BOYS were busy touring, penning their following record, and trying to figure out how to make sense of all this mess we’re living in. 

They took the Scandinavian Winter to retreat to warmer climates and booked a studio in Spain, where they spent a few weeks recording what will be their next studio album. But the first teaser is already here, and it lives up to Electric Boys’ high standards. “I’ve Got A Feeling” is pure rock soul, with a classy riff, a mellow chorus, and that storytelling, baritone, charming voice of Conny Bloom to top it all.

All in all, the best way to foreshow the Swedes upcoming studio album and to leave you the feelin’ that they’re up to something really good. Again. Despite the world is still twisted and spinning oddly like a broken carousel.

”Yes, I DO have a feelin’…” Conny Bloom says. “That something good is about to happen. New paths will be crossed and new doors will be opened, so let’s party like it’s 2023!”.

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, tobi is an animal said:

Groovus Maximus is a good tune, the rest of their stuff is coma inducing. 

You say the most offensive things.

• 3 months later...

New album “Grand Explosivos” out September 15th through Mighty Music. 

From Mighty Music:

Palma Music Studios, October 2022. The funky four from Sweden are spotted drinking margaritas and Estrella Damms during the sunny days but after siesta, they are layin’ down the loud foundation of what will be the eighth ELECTRIC BOYS album.

“The pandemic inspired to some more serious subjects so “Ups!de Down”, released in 2021, was a slightly darker album, even though hope was always present”, says Conny Bloom, the band’s main songsmith.

“Grand Explosivos”, the new Electric Boys album, to be released September 15th via Mighty Music is, however, quite the opposite. It might actually be that the boys are throwing the best party since “Groovus Maximus”! The album is a hard rockin’, melodic, full of funk & fun adventure, which has become somewhat of the band’s trademark sound.

The first single “I’ve Got A Feelin’” showed the way into the classic rock arenas while the follow up single “Domestic Blitz” kicks like a mule and won’t take no prisoners. (Or maybe it will? Check out the video and decide for yourself:). The boys are clearly enjoying playing together and we are looking forward to one helluva party album at the end of the summer.

“Grand Explosivos” will be released on, CD LP (gatefold 180gr black vinyl, and 180gr turquoise vinyl, limited to 500) and digital formats via Mighty Music on September 15th, 2023. Pre-orders are available here.
Edited by Stefan
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

The record is out. I'm hype to start devouring it, but already disappointed it's only 36 minutes long. I don't like this current trend of short albums. 

I don't really know my history with this band but I listened to this and thought it was a pretty scrappy affair. Vocals don't really hold up for me and there's a lot of pretty weak tunes, imo. I thought 'Missed her by a minute' was pretty solid and I also found myself just enjoying 'I've Got A Feelin'I've Got A Feelin,' unexpectedly. Not really my jam overall

Heres a neat interview with Mr. Bloom

11 hours ago, PeterS said:

Had set my expectations really low but really enjoying it. Very nice. 

Me too; their last few releases have been pretty hit or miss , but this one is quite good throughout. 👍