Sophie Lloyd - Imposter Syndrome

All Nights Reserved

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know what persistent genital arousal syndrome is but not imposter syndrome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Photoshoot she did three years ago for the album (yeah thats how long its been in the works) and has only now been able to release the pictures.

399021783_18398606452063358_622438020412398986323_18398606449063358_252210812235396313930_18398606431063358_400561913508

That's how it's done Chez.

Got the album this morning and I fucking love it. While most of the singers are unknown to me and are obviously from modern bands, the album really does straddle that old school sound mixed with more modern rock. Some absolute belters on this (this isn't actually one of the strongest, but still a cool tune) and surprised how much I am enjoying it (already on my third playthrough).

Where it really gives that old school feel is with the guitar solos. Weirdly, the two vocalists who have the proper old school vibe, Lzzy Hale and Michael Starr don't get the ripping guitar solos that most of the other guys get.

While I don't like comparing artists, considering I just picked up the new Nita Strauss album a few days ago I think it's only natural to compare them because they are both female guitarists with guest singers, but for me Sophie wins this round. Nita is more metal and Sophie is more hard rock, and there is just more variety on Sophies album.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 3:50 AM, Captain Howdy said:

Photoshoot she did three years ago for the album (yeah thats how long its been in the works) and has only now been able to release the pictures.

399021783_18398606452063358_622438020412398986323_18398606449063358_252210812235396313930_18398606431063358_400561913508

Where these pics at?

Yeah, pretty decent album. I agree I'd prefer it to the Nita Strauss one too. Favourite two tunes are the title track with Lizzy Hale, and, surprisingly, the dude from TFK delivers my other favourite, with 'Avalanche.' 'Runaway' with Starr and 'Fall of Man' with the guy from Trivium would be next up.

Solid album with some sweet licks. 

Speaking of licking sweet things... mmmm, mmmm.... mmmm.  

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, pretty decent album. I agree I'd prefer it to the Nita Strauss one too. Favourite two tunes are the title track with Lizzy Hale, and, surprisingly, the dude from TFK delivers my other favourite, with 'Avalanche.' 'Runaway' with Starr and 'Fall of Man' with the guy from Trivium would be next up.

Solid album with some sweet licks. 

Speaking of licking sweet things... mmmm, mmmm.... mmmm.  

Fall of man is the only song that really has not clicked with me. It's not bad, I just don't get the same excitement I get with the rest of the album

• Like 1

Was reading an interview with her, and the way the album was written is quite interesting.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/interviews/on_the_record_sophie_lloyd_opens_up_on_biggest_challenges_of_her_solo_album_and_going_out_of_her_comfort_zone.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1700053810

Was that a pretty common theme throughout the record as far as the writing of the lyrics? Was that a collaborative process, or did you kind of put that in the hands of some of the singers?

"It was on a song-by-song basis. Generally, we'd create sort of this glorified backing track with the guitar solo and then I sent them that, and I wanted to give them as much freedom as they wanted to have, if you know what I mean."

"So I was like, you can write whatever you want on this. This is what the album is about. This is my kind of thoughts and feelings. This is what the album is gonna be called, and I explained to them a little bit about that."

"So yeah, I pretty much gave them freedom. Then they'd send a demo back to me so see if I wanted any changes or anything and I'd let them know and then they'd record the final version and send it over to me. So it was kind of a collaborative process, but I definitely tried to give them as much freedom as they would like to have with it."

I always felt that the first Slash album kinda lost something of it being a Slash album because it seemed he was trying too hard to adapt to the sound of the singers rather than them adapting to him.

This concept sounds much cooler, where Sophie came up with the music that suited her and the singers got to write their own lyrics. I think that is why it's still her flexing her sound but at the same time the singers dont sound a million miles away from their sound either.

• 2 months later...