David Lee Roth to retire

nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors

DLR sang I live my life like there's no tomorrow-well he decided that tomorrow has come for him.

I hope he does his final shows in January and sticks with retirement.

I wish him a long and healthy retirement !:headbanger:

As I have being seeing a lot of threads about this, I see to believe it.

As KISS said same thing all those years ago when Ace & Peter came back.

• 2023 Gold Donors
16 hours ago, Doggy said:

As I have being seeing a lot of threads about this, I see to believe it.

As KISS said same thing all those years ago when Ace & Peter came back.

I'm not seeing the avenue for him to continue.Without EVH he can't go out and play solo and draw any kind of audience.

Watching David Lee Roth and a back up band play Van Halen songs isn't the draw anymore.

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

I'm surprised anyone cares about this.....even VH hadn't put out anything worth hearing ever...

Yeah, I agree. 

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 10/5/2021 at 10:47 AM, Dead Planet said:

I'm surprised anyone cares about this.....even VH hadn't put out anything worth hearing for decades...

After EVH died the guess was that there'd be kumbaya among everyone who ever played in Van Halen and they'd go on a big worldwide tour.This kinda squashes that idea.

1 minute ago, nyoilers said:

After EVH died the guess was that there'd be kumbaya among everyone who ever played in Van Halen and they'd go on a big worldwide tour.This kinda squashes that idea.

And that is good, at least that is what I think. I love VH, but them playing without Eddie? Nah, thanks! Sometimes, it is better to keep things you appreciated in fond memory rather than trying to make something out of too little.

Despite that fact that there is absolutely no way that I am going to see any of the shows in LV, I hope he manages to pull those off and will retire after that and hopefully he is not in a conditon as bad as one interview I read a few days ago suggests.

• 2023 Gold Donors
23 hours ago, Jolly Olli said:

And that is good, at least that is what I think. I love VH, but them playing without Eddie? Nah, thanks! Sometimes, it is better to keep things you appreciated in fond memory rather than trying to make something out of too little.

Despite that fact that there is absolutely no way that I am going to see any of the shows in LV, I hope he manages to pull those off and will retire after that and hopefully he is not in a conditon as bad as one interview I read a few days ago suggests.

I would've been fine with it as a tribute to EVH

I saw videos of DLR opening for KISS in early 2020 and while his band was good, his voice was absolutely shot. I can't imagine almost two more years have helped it any either.

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 10/14/2021 at 2:56 PM, hrdrck70 said:

I saw videos of DLR opening for KISS in early 2020 and while his band was good, his voice was absolutely shot. I can't imagine almost two more years have helped it any either.

His voice has been shot for quite some time