Premier League

auslander

A new season has started. I'm quietly optimistic about my Liverpool team. Does anyone follow the Premier League here?

Watching games with packed houses again is great. Britain is so lucky.

• Like 1

Love the Premier League and like you I'm so gald to see it back..and back with full stadiums adds once more to the atmosphere.

Man Utd fan here myself..all my life...through all of the highs and lows...not overly optimistic about our chances of winning silverware,feel we still need beefed up in some departments to properly challenge again , still a lot of dead wood needs shifted out and until then we'll always miss out in the final shuffle in May...but we are better than what we were a few years ago..which isn't saying much  :)

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

I've never found an easy way for me to follow it over here. I don't have cable TV, and don't wanna pay for some subscription, so I will forever remain a half-assed Liverpool fan. ;}

liverpool tottenham GIF by Tigo El SalvadorBefore every season my mate's father, who played in Man U lower teams,  before he and family to move Australia and me. Have a bet who will finish higher.

Hope we can regain that magic two seasons ago. That year was great, some reasons my mates' father didn't return calls, texts or emails.

Edited by Doggy

3 hours ago, Doggy said:

liverpool tottenham GIF by Tigo El SalvadorBefore every season my mate's father, who played in Man U lower teams,  before he and family to move Australia and me. Have a bet who will finish higher.

Hope we can regain that magic two seasons ago. That year was great, some reasons my mates' father didn't return calls, texts or emails.

Liverpool have a large following in Australia, I think only Arsenal may have more fans? I believe Liverpool are really popular with my generation as many of us got up early to watch Craig Johnson play in FA Cup finals back when the FA Cup was a big deal.

Man U has big support due David Beckham .

Watching since Kenny Delagish , Ray Clemmance was goalie, Ian Rush and around now Michael Owens, Robbie Flower, Shah.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Growing up, the weekly English 1st Division, then Premier League highlights show on the ABC tv channel down here, was essential viewing for me. I was quite into it in the 90s. 

I have no personal connection with any of the clubs, so I chose the team I support based on kit.

Being an AFL Collingwood supporter, I had to go with the Magpies, Newcastle. 

The same goes for Juventus in Italy.

• Like 1

My brother in law in a Newcastle United fan...I only thought my team was a let down...he goes into every season with no hope at all...but we still support our teams...no matter what,when I was growing up Liverpool were THE team, won everything...all my friends were/are Liverpool fans, but they stood the course like me( I was 21 before Man Utd won a league title) for decades without titles, now its come around again, my other brother in law is a Man City fan...but has been for many years and is now watching them take trophy after trophy...thats dedication...even if he now never fucks up about it lol  :)

• Haha 1

I watch a lot of the premiership games. Being a Crystal Palace fan, I am interested in how it should be played, as my team haven't got a fucking clue most of the time ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jez said:

I watch a lot of the premiership games. Being a Crystal Palace fan, I am interested in how it should be played, as my team haven't got a fucking clue most of the time ;)

at least you don't support bloody Southend. # nationalleague 🙄😖

• Like 2

On 8/25/2021 at 10:00 PM, Glen said:

at least you don't support bloody Southend. # nationalleague 🙄😖

Good point  :)

I see Rons looking like he's coming back to Utd...not the player he was but still at 36 looks after himself,he will score goals...but it isnt really where I wanted the team to strengthen...our midfield is awful...the muppet show of Fred & Matic atm is not filling me with confidence  :(

Still there have been some great deals this transfer market in every league...Monday is d-day...gonna miss Jim White though....

Edited by lettard

59 minutes ago, lettard said:

I see Rons looking like he's coming back to Utd...not the player he was but still at 36 looks after himself,he will score goals...but it isnt really where I wanted the team to strengthen...our midfield is awful...the muppet show of Fred & Matic atm is not filling me with confidence  :(

Still there have been some great deals this transfer market in every league...Monday is d-day...gonna miss Jim White though....

It was all over the media he was going to City. And then it's back to Utd. Getting paid 25 million a year. Insane.

I think Lukaku looks like the best signing of the transfer season.

• 1 month later...

Its back this weekend...thank Christ...I've had to watch my national team be quite awful(again...but we're used to it :) ) and lose all their world cup qualifiers in this international break...not that we ever had a hope of going to the world cup with the European campions Italy and world number 8(or something) Switzerland in our qualifying group :crying: Still we're not Brazil we're Norn Iron :lol:

Although in the Premier League Man United are up and down like a fiddlers elbow...no consistency and a manager who does not seem to have a tactical thought in his head...aw well..onwards and er something ;)

Edited by lettard

On 8/23/2021 at 7:27 AM, Darkstone said:

Being an AFL Collingwood supporter, I had to go with the Magpies, Newcastle

The same goes for Juventus in Italy.

Gonna be interestin' now for you with that new cash injection that will come with the new owners(mt bro in law is cock a hoop)...get ready to be linked with every player/manager on the planet...but actually be able to buy them now... and my team fall further behind ffs :crying:

Edited by lettard