Queensryche2021 (Their new site?)

• My Little Pony

Scott Rockenfield launched a new Queensryche site. Does this mean he's back? Or is he starting something new? There's not much there, at the moment, but you can enter your email to keep notified. 

https://www.queensryche2021.com/

There's a soundbite on the site now for I suppose a song called "In a World That Will Explode"

• My Little Pony
52 minutes ago, whiplash1972 said:

There's a soundbite on the site now for I suppose a song called "In a World That Will Explode"

Hmm... That makes me nervous. Def doesn't sound like Todd LaTorre. Is this gonna turn into another whole shit show? I hope Scott isn't doing his own thing out of spite. From everything I've read, nobody in the band has said anything negative about him. 

• My Little Pony

Man, the site looks terrible. At least on mobile it looks shit. But I'm so confused as to what's goings ons. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 5/23/2021 at 3:16 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Man, the site looks terrible. At least on mobile it looks shit. But I'm so confused as to what's goings ons. 

I'll explain it to you if you want

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, nyoilers said:

I'll explain it to you if you want

Use as much detail as possible. I want full immersion. 

• My Little Pony
35 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Apparently, Scott got pissed that Todd was selling some of his drumsticks on eBay. 

I def think Todd may have been a bit disrespectful in some of his actions and interviews. But I'm tryna figure out if the band has parted ways with him. Do Wilton and Jackson know they are featured on this new site? If Rockenfield is starting a new band, why show them on your new site?

As a mega Queensryche fan I am getting pretty tired of all the drama farming going on. It's like Pink Floyd in the 80s. When it comes down to it, most fans know the band by name and tge individual members are less important. Roger Waters found that out the hard way,  as did Geoff Tate and so will Scott Rockenfield.

• My Little Pony
23 minutes ago, auslander said:

As a mega Queensryche fan I am getting pretty tired of all the drama farming going on. It's like Pink Floyd in the 80s. When it comes down to it, most fans know the band by name and tge individual members are less important. Roger Waters found that out the hard way,  as did Geoff Tate and so will Scott Rockenfield.

Yeah, but Scott is a monster on the kit. As a drummer myself, I'll surely miss him if they continue without him. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, but Scott is a monster on the kit. As a drummer myself, I'll surely miss him if they continue without him. 

That I can agree with 100%.

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 hours ago, auslander said:

The difference with Pink Floyd is that David Gilmour did sing lead on 50% of the songs so it was an easy transition for them.

With Queensryche there's no one that can fill Tate's shoes.

9 hours ago, nyoilers said:

The difference with Pink Floyd is that David Gilmour did sing lead on 50% of the songs so it was an easy transition for them.

Lay off the dope.

20 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Nearly every major band that continued after a key member left was more successful than whatever solo venture or new venture that the ex-member started. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single example where it didn't prove that the public care more about the brand name that is the band over a leaving key member.

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, auslander said:

Nearly every major band that continued after a key member left was more successful than whatever solo venture or new venture that the ex-member started. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single example where it didn't prove that the public care more about the brand name that is the band over a leaving key member.

I guess it depends on the definition of success.But the key member is usually the vocalist.

Greg Lake left King Crimson and went to ELP where he was successful.Then Carl Palmer left ELP and went to Asia where he was successful.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I get the feeling that Todd La Torre is a bit of an asshole. Maybe I'm wrong but there are signs the guy is a real jerk. 

Also, I'm finding less replayability with LaTorreSryche albums. Maybe it's just me but I... miss Geoff Tate. 

I reckon it got really popular to bash Queensryche for a while, but I think people were too harsh on "OM II" and "American Soldier" which I tend to listen to more that the recent Queensryche albums. 

Yes, I know Geoff Tate acted like a prick for years too, but in this case it might have been a case of "better the Devil you know".

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
10 hours ago, auslander said:

I get the feeling that Todd La Torre is a bit of an asshole. Maybe I'm wrong but there are signs the guy is a real jerk. 

Also, I'm finding less replayability with LaTorreSryche albums. Maybe it's just me but I... miss Geoff Tate. 

I reckon it got really popular to bash Queensryche for a while, but I think people were too harsh on "OM II" and "American Soldier" which I tend to listen to more that the recent Queensryche albums. 

Yes, I know Geoff Tate acted like a prick for years too, but in this case it might have been a case of "better the Devil you know".

Tate is light years better than LaTorre