Melodic Hard Rock Song of the Day

Darkstone

7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

The movie "Black Roses" from 1988 was decent enough, but the soundtrack was phenomenal. 

This track is MHR ballad perfection, which is not surprising considering the vocalist. 

I remember I either bought the VHS back in the day or rented it, but beyond that I remember absolutely nothing about the film ha ha

Dirty Rhythm - Feel the Fire 🔥 

• Like 3

• 2023 Gold Donors
Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2024 at 1:15 AM, Captain Howdy said:

One of my fave covers. Could not give a shit about the original, but JH turned it into a monster of a tune

The Anastacia version is pretty great as Pop tracks go.

What I think is very cool about this cover is one line that they completely changed while still paying a tribute to the original. 

In the original, Anastacia refers to herself in a particular line and Jaded Heart rework it to do the same.

A nice Easter egg.

Edited by Darkstone

2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

The Anastacia version is pretty great as Pop tracks go.

What I think is very cool about this cover is one line that they completely changed while still paying a tribute to the original. 

In the original, Anastacia refers to herself in a particular line and Jaded Heart rework it to do the same.

A nice Easter egg.

That's quite a common thing to do when a song, in the rare instances it is done, that the artist mentions themselves. Also when artists change pronouns. (Can you imagine a male artist singing "When i saw him standing there" :lol:)

One of the most obvious is Fight for your right by the Beastie Boys. The line "Ah mom you're just jealous wer'e the Beastie Boys". Teenage Casket Company change it to TCC, Ballbreaker change it to Ballbreaker Boys but my fave is Trixter who change it to "Ah mom you're just jealous cause daddy likes boys" :lol:

• 2023 Gold Donors
Posted (edited)

Remedy - Crying Heart.

One I've just seen thanks to the Iridium channel. 

From the upcoming album.

It's a Killer. 

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Remedy - Crying Heart.

One I've just seen thanks to the Iridium channel. 

From the upcoming album.

It's a Killer. 

Great band

• Like 1

Was never a huge fan of these guys..hit & miss...but recently picked this one up, its top class for me  and here's a couple from it for your approval :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lettard said:

Was never a huge fan of these guys..hit & miss...but recently picked this one up, its top class for me  and here's a couple from it for your approval :) 

Ya I bought this a while ago, I hate when Perris does CD-R's though it's one reason why I don't buy too much from him. Tom is a cool guy but I hate cheap stuff.

• Like 1

I'm not too familiar with all the different sub-genres of glam metal, but I think this song counts:

Edited by GarrisonDreams
Original video was said to be unavailable
  • Like 3

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, GarrisonDreams said:

I'm not too familiar with all the different sub-genres of glam metal, but I think this song counts:

"Video unavailable".

What was it?

22 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

"Video unavailable".

What was it?

I just tried to edit the post to get the song from a different uploader; it's "Heart of Steel" by Trixter.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
53 minutes ago, GarrisonDreams said:

I just tried to edit the post to get the song from a different uploader; it's "Heart of Steel" by Trixter.

Killer track from a Killer album that is a massive time machine for most of us here. 

I'll also throw in "Play Rough" and of course, "One In A Million".

• Like 3