Melodic Hard Rock Song of the Day

Darkstone

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

For so many years that album was just the song you posted, "Alive and Kickin'," "Green-Tinted Sixties Mind," and, of course, "To Be With You." That's all that ever came to mind when I thought of Mr. Big, really, for a long time. Those were the songs that always made the playlists. 

Then two years ago, I believe, I threw it on, because it came up in conversation, and I wanted to give it a fresh listen. And holy fuck! I was absolutely dumbfounded. How did I not recognise the greatness of the remaining tracks?

It hit the hardest with this song. It's pretty much everything I want in my Melodic Hard Rock!

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
51 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

For so many years that album was just the song you posted, "Alive and Kickin'," "Green-Tinted Sixties Mind," and, of course, "To Be With You." That's all that ever came to mind when I thought of Mr. Big, really, for a long time. Those were the songs that always made the playlists. 

Then two years ago, I believe, I threw it on, because it came up in conversation, and I wanted to give it a fresh listen. And holy fuck! I was absolutely dumbfounded. How did I not recognise the greatness of the remaining tracks?

It hit the hardest with this song. It's pretty much everything I want in my Melodic Hard Rock!

You should give the Debut a listen.

• Like 1

Went and see two  gigs that Eric, when first time  he came to Australia. Had Stormfront backing as backing band.

Got to meet him after the gig, he was kind enough to sign my CDs covers of "Sucker " Mr Big s/t and TMG the band he Jack Blades played. Asked my name and address, and would sent out a t - shirt of the tour. Yes did arrive 2 months after tour.

14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I hear you man, I share a similar story with that album. I knew the more obvious tracks but it wasn’t until a few years later that I really appreciated the full release. So awesome!

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Mr.AOR said:

Killer disc...

I've always loved "Knocked Down"

The "Mariah" version is pretty good too.  ;)

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

How bout this one, anybody else use to rock this shit?? I fucking did, still do, good shit.

On 4/15/2021 at 12:07 AM, Mr.AOR said:

You know I use to play a song from these guys on a radio show I did, I had an awesome program director who just ordered all sorts of shit and we'd sit at the station and just fucking blow through stacks of discs, and this was one of them, the song was fucking mind blowing, it was Heartache Breakdown, and it got good response too, dude has an enormous voice, almost sounds like it could be a black dude singing rock, that song was fucking huge.