Judas Priest - Painkiller (1990)

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

This album is RELENTLESS!

Heavy Metal Masterpiece! 

Don't you even Fucking think about skipping with this one!

The debut of Scott Travis on drums and he just about receives the MVP. Double Bass aplenty, but as they say, "the candle burns brightest just before it goes out". They've reunited now of course, but it would have been nice to see what they could have achieved with the momentum of this one.

I first saw the video of "Painkiller" on a show here at the time called Countdown Revolution. Back in the days when this stuff was still featured on commercial TV music video programs. It obviously blew me away. When I got the album it was played to death and still gets regular spins from me to this day.   

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

This one has pretty much been the measuring stick for a long time for JP...d@mn if 'Firepower'  didn't come close though...I think if someone held my feet to the fire for fave JP record I might go w/ Screaming For Vengeance' or this one though...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

METAL AS FUCK.

This album is EVERYTHING metal should be. Without a doubt one of the finest albums of the genre.

Priest had released some amazing albums prior to it, of course, but everything just got turned up to 11 on Painkiller. It's like they saw the direction metal was going in and said, "You want extreme? Here's EXTREME!"

Edited by Eric3
  • Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors

They've been delivering the goods for decades.

Their inclusion in the RRHOF is criminally overdue, you might say almost breaking the law and if you disagree, then you've got another thing comin'.

Not that the RRHOF has an ounce of credibility, but it's good to see them get the recognition. 

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

This track isn't from the "Painkiller" album, but this live video blows me away everytime I see it.

The audience participation is Epic. 

They know the intro and they know the chorus. 

They've heard this track a million times.