I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

Of the beers they were serving at the Journey/Heart/Cheap Trick show last night, I went with 1 'large' cup (not even equiv of a pint) of Sam Adams Boston Lager, which cost $11!!! The show was awesome...

That's a good beer but damn not worth $11. :yikes:

This was at Chronicle Pavilion Concord CA. Bottled water I believe was $7 and fountain sodas were $5. Rip off huh?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of the beers they were serving at the Journey/Heart/Cheap Trick show last night, I went with 1 'large' cup (not even equiv of a pint) of Sam Adams Boston Lager, which cost $11!!! The show was awesome...

This was at Chronicle Pavilion Concord CA. Bottled water I believe was $7 and fountain sodas were $5. Rip off huh?

And that right there is one of the reasons people at the last Woodstock rioted.

That's just bullshit to be able to charge that much. $5 I get but anything beyond that is bullshit IMO.

Went to the same show here in Charlotte, very good. Beers were costly, but the music was great. Saw Heart when I was 12, still have the magic.

That's just bullshit to be able to charge that much. $5 I get but anything beyond that is bullshit IMO.

Total bullshit. My lady friend could not make the show and her daughter happily took her place so I offered to pay for her food and drink and between my 1 beer and her soda and our 2 slices of cheese pizzas (more like smallish squares) (which were $6 or $7) it was like $30.

Total bullshit. My lady friend could not make the show and her daughter happily took her place so I offered to pay for her food and drink and between my 1 beer and her soda and our 2 slices of cheese pizzas (more like smallish squares) (which were $6 or $7) it was like $30.

$11 beers? Wow, so how was the complimentary blowjob that I assume came with each drink?

Just finished washing and waxing my car and I am ready to drink some beers tonight. Just hope I can find someone to drink with (besides Taco).

Taco Rocks!!!

I wish I could be there with you Rick! Next July I guess :banger::banger::banger:

Just finished washing and waxing my car and I am ready to drink some beers tonight. Just hope I can find someone to drink with (besides Taco).

Taco Rocks!!!

I wish I could be there with you Rick! Next July I guess :banger::banger::banger:

Mark your calendar - July for sure! :drink:

This week has me all fucked up. My brother in law is getting married and my wife's side of the family are all wigged out. The compensate I'm turing to brew and tunes. Speaking of which, going drinking. :drink:

Yeah, my bro-in-law is getting married too. Just looking over the whole MC thing, I don't think it'll be too bad. I'll suck because I'll seriously be like - 'Here's speeches'... 'They're cutting the cake' ... etc. And that'll be it. I bet I don't even get one awesome call in all night. But beer will guide me through it.

love stinks. however, beer is great :)

Taco Rocks!!!

Mark your calendar - July for sure! :drink:

My calendar is marked and can't f#@king wait until next July. :tumbsup:

Back on topic I tried a new Michelob Honey Lager that was quite excellent. :headbanger:

What a kick-ass weekend. Ended up heading up to a mate's house on Friday night where we watched the footy and smashed about 700 beers between 3 of us. Woke up on Saturday feeling like sin, went up for the wedding and got back on it right after the ceremony. MC'd the reception like a penguin in hiding from a polar bear - seriously, I was a twat. Quietly dropped one or two humerous comments (or so I thought) but my nervous delivery killed them before they hit the people.

Overall, though, I whacked the shit out of the beer there and stayed coherent and nervous enough to be a dodgy MC, but it was still a good fun (sometimes stressful) night. Quiet day on Sunday just recovering from it all. Great weekend though. Perfect day of the wedding too.

What a kick-ass weekend. Ended up heading up to a mate's house on Friday night where we watched the footy and smashed about 700 beers between 3 of us. Woke up on Saturday feeling like sin, went up for the wedding and got back on it right after the ceremony. MC'd the reception like a penguin in hiding from a polar bear - seriously, I was a twat. Quietly dropped one or two humerous comments (or so I thought) but my nervous delivery killed them before they hit the people.

Overall, though, I whacked the shit out of the beer there and stayed coherent and nervous enough to be a dodgy MC, but it was still a good fun (sometimes stressful) night. Quiet day on Sunday just recovering from it all. Great weekend though. Perfect day of the wedding too.

Glad to hear it went ok mate :tumbsup:

Time to bring this thread back to life. Still working on the money pit of a house. I swear it drives me to drink. Tonight:

Arrogant Bastard

Beck's

Bust'em out, it's hump day. Drink then hump someone (the opposite sex I hope but to each their own). :drink:

"Not that there's anything wrong with that"- Seinfeld

I'm going to the Oktoberfest today ! A serious headache is coming up, so wish me luck !! :drink:

babe3.jpg

I'm going to the Oktoberfest today ! A serious headache is coming up, so wish me luck !! :drink:

babe3.jpg

Good Luck!!!! Wish I was there!!!

Seconded! :beerbang:

Would be fun, guys !! :drink: Maybe next year ... ?!?! ;)

babe3.jpg

Good Luck!!!! Wish I was there!!!

I wish I was there too. I also wouldn't mind going to Oktoberfest.

Yeah, you know it.

NRL Grand Final this weekend means beer is going to be like oxygen.