Ac/Dc - "Power Up" (2020)

AlphaMale

Spinning the album today.  Basically what you'd expect which isn't a bad thing.

One thing that stands out a little is some of the backing vocals....Think they did a pretty good job to add some melodies in spots.  And Through The Mists of Time is sort of a different vibe.

Overall pleasantly surprised.  I'm just a casual fan of these guys and haven't paid much attention to anything they've done since about Razors Edge....But I've spun this one a few times now and think it's pretty good.

I give these guys credit for still cranking out music though and for sticking to their classic sound and formula.  Def Leppard should take a few pointers.

Edited by tts42572

Really enjoying this,best effort from em in a while to my ears,the first 6 tracks just flow off in no time.

Totally agree with the backing vocals,they have more substance this time around if you know what I mean...more depth? This becomes apparent right from the off with "Realize"

Edited by lettard

Doesn't come close to the level of their classic albums, but for a band that's been cranking 'em out for half a century, it's a pretty solid effort, easily the best thing they've done since "Razor's Edge" (the pinnacle of their career, in my opinion). I went in expecting another throwaway effort and came away with a half-dozen no-frills rock songs that get the job done. Yeah, half the album is filler junk, but that's pretty typical for an AC/DC release.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...