Armored Saint

Leykis101

Been on a huge kick since Thursday, does anybody remember the track, The Pillar? Holy fucking shit, just makes you want to blow out your speakers, don't think I gave their newer stuff a fair shake, this is awesome

• 1 month later...

Haven't really listened to these guys since that cool album with 'Reign of fire' and 'Another Day' on it. Cool disc. 

Doesn't actually sound like they've changed much. When was this recorded? Probably should give their discography a look in. 

this came out on Revelation in 2000, an awesome disc, everything since ive thought fucking blows, he came on strong on Revelations after singing for Anthrax most of the 90's, he should go back to Anthrax, as I truly felt he was the perfect fit, and enjoyed those albums he was on immensely, I love Armored, he just had a chemistry with Anthrax, he's one of my top 10 fav vocalists ever, I truly enjoy his voice, and his writing, hope he puts out some good shit in the future, it's been a minute. (by him im speaking of John Bush of course)

• 2023 Gold Donors
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 2:23 AM, Leykis101 said:

this came out on Revelation in 2000, an awesome disc, everything since ive thought fucking blows, he came on strong on Revelations after singing for Anthrax most of the 90's, he should go back to Anthrax, as I truly felt he was the perfect fit, and enjoyed those albums he was on immensely, I love Armored, he just had a chemistry with Anthrax, he's one of my top 10 fav vocalists ever, I truly enjoy his voice, and his writing, hope he puts out some good shit in the future, it's been a minute. (by him im speaking of John Bush of course)

I liked him with Anthrax ,also.Lucky to see them play live

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Broke the rule of not listening to new singles  but, Sweet mother of Jesus, this is real pounding  heavy metal with an aging bouquet of leather, tobacco and the occasional cinnamon aroma.... My back's still aching since their latest Greek gig...

Order at: https://www.metalblade.com/armoredsaint
"End of the Attention Span" from the "Punching the Sky" album.
Bassist Joey Vera comments: "We've teamed up with video director Robert Graves for our first single, 'End of the Attention Span'. Robert got the lyrical content right away and together we delved into society's ongoing fascination with electronic devices and the insidious disconnect it creates. The irony is that most of us feel connected together through our phone and computer screens, but the reality is that we have created a wedge between ourselves. Our human interactions have been infected with an intense need for information. We're always 'looking' for more. The end result is a very damaged attention span."

Produced by: Defiant Digital Productions (http://www.defiant-digital.com)
Director: Robert Graves
Grip: Israel Gutierrez

Armored Saint online:
http://armoredsaint.com
https://www.facebook.com/thearmoredsaint
https://twitter.com/thearmoredsaint
https://www.instagram.com/thearmoreds...

Edited by kourosofsteel3

• 4 weeks later...

That new music is stupidly on point and amazing sounding, just like John's voice which is as excellent as ever.

Recently watched this and you should to. The set list is nice and how can you not end a AS show without Can U Deliver!:

I remember the 1 and only time I saw AS live. 150 years ago. At the Moore Theatre in Seattle, WA. They supported another fledgling metal band supporting an album that was starting to get some airplay. AS was touring for their epic March of the Saint record and they were ridiculously good. All decked out in their leathur and me at 16 right up front getting and giving high fives metal hugs and noogies from Dave Prichard and the rest of the gang.

They opened for Metallica btw, who where supporting their best album to date Ride The Lightning. And yes we witnessed greatness in the Cliff Burton...

• 1 month later...

HELL FUCK YEAH!!!

• 2 months later...

What a strong kick ass fucking release, I havent been able to stop listening to it, it's just fucking awesome, from start to finish, I have not dug their last couple releases at all, seems like now they have a new life for metal in them, Bush and Gonzo were like "k guys people are starting to think were bitches and cant rock, maybe we should go on tour with Vixen, or maybe we should just show them why we are still around" if your into this kind of shit, you cannot miss on this.

• 8 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 1:04 PM, Geoff said:

Probably should give their discography a look in. 

After seeing their story on Youtube the other day I finally actually did this. In the spirit of complete honesty, I must admit I found it a really surprising discography. I've owned and loved 'Symbol of Salvation' since way back in the day, and on reflection, it genuinely seems they saved up all their talent and flair for that one album. They're an entirely capable band and offer good musicianship and lead vocals from their first to most recent album. The problem for me is that the songs, album after album, are just so bland. That new album probably has a few more promising tracks than most in their discography, but for me, it's all still about 'Symbol of Salvation.' That's a fine album, and imo, the peak of their song writing by a long way. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 5:50 AM, Geoff said:

After seeing their story on Youtube the other day I finally actually did this. In the spirit of complete honesty, I must admit I found it a really surprising discography. I've owned and loved 'Symbol of Salvation' since way back in the day, and on reflection, it genuinely seems they saved up all their talent and flair for that one album. They're an entirely capable band and offer good musicianship and lead vocals from their first to most recent album. The problem for me is that the songs, album after album, are just so bland. That new album probably has a few more promising tracks than most in their discography, but for me, it's all still about 'Symbol of Salvation.' That's a fine album, and imo, the peak of their song writing by a long way. 

No that is absolutely their pinnacle album, and I agree with you G-Off, they are one of those bands whose goods songs are so good it makes you have to accept that their bad songs are so bad, I fucking love Bush's voice, and thought he made Anthrax a more mature band, like I took them seriously as a group, instead of it just being party band Anthrax, songs like Safe Home showed a very mature side, he's a grossly underrated vocalist.

• Like 1