Catalano - Wildest Dreams

simo

Jeez it's hard to justify those lead vocals, but fuck me that's an awesome tune. Love it. Does he sound even rougher now than before, lol? 

It's not the major coup I had hoped for from them, mainly disappointed with the production which I really hoped they would improve this time around. Sadly the solos sound uninspired, guitars don't pack a lot of punch (due to the mix) the vocals are ok I think but the singer has done better in the past

Lettard is right sonically it sounds very similiar to Dark Skies. Let's see what the rest of the album will sound like but I won't be getting my hopes up too much after this. Wonder if they're aiming for a February 29 release again cause that's the date the debut came out in 2016

• Like 1

10 hours ago, simo said:

Wonder if they're aiming for a February 29 release again cause that's the date the debut came out in 2016

Interesting...I wasn't even aware of that fact...thanx :drink:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh shit, I didn't know. Had an absolute c#nt of a fortnight with a factory reset of my laptop and losing everything on a 4tb external drive, but hopefully I can start to regroup soon and catch up on stuff like this, which I'm really looking forward to hearing. 

Few good tunes but didn't meet my expectations. Just to demonstrate I've assigned a "rating" to each song but very simplified:

Good - songs I like and would choose to play outside of listening to the album

Bad - a song I'm inclined to skip

Neutral - can take it or leave it, if it comes on I will probably let it play

Livin It Up - neutral

Set This City On Fire - neutral / bad (50/50) the chorus brings it down for me otherwise the song has some nice parts 

Nightfighter - good unfortunately no guitar solo

Wildest Dreams - neutral 

Overdrive - neutral

Saturday Night - bad 

What I Want - good

Lost In Love - bad

Rock The World - good

So 3 songs in each category more or less