What were some of the biggest phases you went through of listening to just One Band/song/album for a month or more at a time? 

January 2019 I listened to a bunch- the entire month exactly of ONLY Whitecross- January-February I went through a Foreigner faze too. Binged Mr. Moonlight so many times it's definitely in my top favorite albums- you know, come to think of it I listened to a bunch of Lou Gramm then too. All that was through January-some of March, although January will always mean Whitecross to me, and March is my daily mix on Spotify of Christian Rock 😛

And APRIL THE BEST MONTH- starting on the 14th of April, this year, I binged Petra all day every day it was Petra and Petra only. This event all through the rest of April all through May, and even into the first half of June!! 

Other songs I've listened to in between 10-20 sometimes even 30 times, 😬 are 

Desert Rose, Independence Day, Montana Sky & Over Me by WhiteHeart 

Mt by The 77's

Hands and Feet by Audio Adrenaline 

I'll stop there because in all honesty I could go on & on. 😬😬😬 

But what song/band/album fazes did YOU go through? Please be at least this specific ^^ and not just a type of music you perhaps listened to a bunch. 

Rock on!! :whistle::beerbang::guitar::headbanger::git::drums::metalheadbanger:

Edited by PetraGirl86

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'd say Metallica's Death Magnetic.It took me over a month to listen to the whole CD.Before I bought the CD I knew that Rick Rubin produced it and he basically told them to listen to their first 3 albums and try to be Metallica again.Since I liked the first song I was afraid that the rest might suck so I waited a few days to listen to the second song,etc... until I finally listened to it all.While it's not their best release it is Metallica worthy and a welcome return

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

I usually find that when I get a new album from a particular artist, I'll binge on their back catalog for a while. When it comes to "phases", I was heavily into W.A.S.P. back in the day. I've had periods where it was all about Queensryche or TEN. My biggest phase I guess would have started when I discovered Jeff Scott Soto. I loved discovering and collecting his rich back catalog. 

• Like 1

I've never binged like that in my life because I get sick of stuff (not just music) really quick if I do that. I listened to a lot of Bon Jovi and Poison in the early days when my collection was small. :)

• 2023 Gold Donors
13 hours ago, Geoff said:

I've never binged like that in my life because I get sick of stuff (not just music) really quick if I do that. I listened to a lot of Bon Jovi and Poison in the early days when my collection was small. :)

Do you have more CD's or more posts on this site ???

12 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Do you have more CD's or more posts on this site ???

Definitely posts on this site. :(

Which is actually a good thing, because I doubt I'll ever be able to sell what I have, let alone 35,000 of them.

Far out that's a lot of posts. Every one has been quality too. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Which is actually a good thing, because I doubt I'll ever be able to sell what I have, let alone 35,000 of them.

You're only as good as your last post.And since it was a response to me then it might be your best post ever !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

*sniff sniff*

What is that smell?

I guess growing up, it was ABBA, then Skyhooks, Kiss, Twisted Sister, Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi.

Guess I gradually got heavier and then lightened back up lol
Kiss would be my longest 'phase'

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to go through phases of only playing a particular album when I was younger.  I would say between 1983 and 1987 I spent most of the money I made from cutting lawns and working part time jobs on a stereo system, concert tickets and buying albums.  So every time I would get a new album that was often all I listened to for weeks.  The ones I recall playing the most during that era were by Dokken , Ratt, Motley Crue and Def Leppard.  I think my neighbors probably knew the words to every song on Hysteria by the end of the summer of '87 as it would often be blasting from my bedroom windows while I was playing basketball with my friends in my driveway.

• Like 1

That's what my older sister does. She's listened to Rebel Yell well over 100 tines- probably close 200 at least. :D

I do the same thing- Mr Moonlight by Foreigner I couldn't get enough of 😛