Stardust - Highway To Heartbreak

Stefan

• 2023 Gold Donors
42 minutes ago, Aordave89 said:

Have to agree with you on this one gents - Great album. First half of the album is stronger but fantastic debut. 

Every time I listen to ‘Bullet To My Heart’ it reminds me of Laura Branigan - Self Control... :rolleyes:

I don't hear it, but that is a legendary 80s track. Have you heard this great version?

Edited by Darkstone
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I don't hear it, but that is a legendary 80s track. Have you heard this great version?

I think it’s the ‘I live among the creatures of the night’ vocal melody.. really reminds me of the Stardust tune. 

I know those guys how the hell I did miss that one?! Thanks mate that’s a brilliant cover. So many excellent 80s pop tracks crying out for the rock treatment. 

• Thanks 1

I guess there's one in every crowd. I was quite underwhelmed by this one, personally. All nice enough sounding, but really low on killer cuts. I love 'Can't Stop Lovin' You' - really sweet mid-tempo melodic rock. Chorus isn't amazing, but it's a very nice song. '2nd Hand Love' also suffers from an average chorus, but is otherwise pretty good stuff. And the album finishes on a great note with 'Blue Jeans Eyes' and my second favourite song on the album, 'The River is Rollin.'

But sadly, that's it. Truth be told, in 2020, four good songs on one album is above average... but it's still not great in the scheme of things. Good album in 2020 because 2020 licks dog balls, but not the best album I ever heard.  

On 10/15/2020 at 1:36 AM, Geoff said:

I guess there's one in every crowd. I was quite underwhelmed by this one, personally. All nice enough sounding, but really low on killer cuts. I love 'Can't Stop Lovin' You' - really sweet mid-tempo melodic rock. Chorus isn't amazing, but it's a very nice song. '2nd Hand Love' also suffers from an average chorus, but is otherwise pretty good stuff. And the album finishes on a great note with 'Blue Jeans Eyes' and my second favourite song on the album, 'The River is Rollin.'

But sadly, that's it. Truth be told, in 2020, four good songs on one album is above average... but it's still not great in the scheme of things. Good album in 2020 because 2020 licks dog balls, but not the best album I ever heard.  

I love it

• 1 year later...
  • My Little Pony

Give us a video for "The River is Rollin'." That song instantly became one of my all-time favourites. No surprise it was penned by Mark Spiro. It would make for a cool video. 

• Like 1