Have you ever wrote an AOR/Hair Metal song?

OctoberSlim

Yes, wrote and payed/rehearsed but never recorded. The song was about how easy it was to get a girl to fall for you. Working title was " "Taking Love From You(Is Like Taking Candy From A Baby)" Poison(OU&SA) style

Edited by The Rocker

• 4 months later...

I wrote and recorded an 80's inspired AOR/ Melodic Hard Rock song called "Best out of the worst". I played and sang everything myself but the thing is I am not a guitar player and you can definitely hear that. It's more of a demo...

I'm singing in a cover band and we're reworking this song at the moment to play it live in the future.

I write the more AORish songs for Stormburst. Will be more of that on our coming second album.

3 hours ago, Thomas/Coastline said:

I write the more AORish songs for Stormburst. Will be more of that on our coming second album.

Didn't you write some of the Coastline's classics ?

• Like 1

Jan and Lars wrote most of the songs but I did a couple. We were supposed to do a second album but Vinny Records went bankrupt and we disbanded.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes

• 3 months later...

I wrote a new song. Played, sung and recorded everything myself. It's inspired by the early 80's Kiss and the 80's Alice Cooper. For example, I wanted a melodic bass guitar like in Kiss and an athemic chorus as in the Alice Cooper songs from the 80's.

The sound is not perfect as I don't have the equipment needed. The video is unprofessional but I wanted to try out something else istead of showing the cover art the whole video. 

I'd be happy about any kind of feedback:)

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote dozens of songs back then in the 90's but most of them wasn't recorded. At least properly. But my once main band's two demos are up here if you dig melodeath or progressive power metal. https://afterglowhu.bandcamp.com/

• 7 months later...

Just in case anybody is interested in this kind of amateurish songs.

I wrote and recorded a new song. I'm a shitty producer so the sound is not really as I wish it would be.

Some of my biggest influences are The Sweet and Wig Wam (so glad they're back), Kiss, Lordi, Crazy Lixx.... 

I'm happy about any kind of feedback by the way.

Here it is:

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 minutes ago, J.S.M said:

Just in case anybody is interested in this kind of amateurish songs.

I wrote and recorded a new song. I'm a shitty producer so the sound is not really as I wish it would be.

Some of my biggest influences are The Sweet and Wig Wam (so glad they're back), Kiss, Lordi, Crazy Lixx.... 

I'm happy about any kind of feedback by the way.

Here it is:

That's a good tune mate. Heaps of potential. 

I think if you incorporated some elements of Michael Bolton, or Richard Marx in with it, and tied it together with some Wham! youd have the winning mix!

• 6 months later...

I just wrote and recorded an 80's inspired rock ballad with a very personal meaning... production isn't professional and you can hear that but it was a lot of work and I put a lot of energy and heart into it. I'd be grateful for some feedback if you'd like. 

Video isn't professional, too but I just wanted to share some of my childhood memories connected to my uncle (who this song is dedicated to).