Saints of Sin - s/t

Stefan

4 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Not too bad.   Reminds me a little of Degreed in a way.

I was a little iffy on the vocals at first but the more i listen the more I'm liking.  Lots of cool hooks and melodies.

As was I.... then it started to sink in for me. Pretty good stuff.

On 8/16/2019 at 8:32 PM, AlphaMale said:

As was I.... then it started to sink in for me. Pretty good stuff.

I've been checking out their first album too.  It seems like their debut was a bit more 80's hair-band ish and almost had a Steel Panther type vibe to it only with original material.  I like a few songs and maybe with more listens it'll grow on me but I think I much prefer the direction of this new album.  It just sounds more original...Kinda mixes heavy, current, melodic and maybe a little pop in spots.  Really reminds me a lot of a cross between like Degreed and One Desire in style....Kinda modern melodic rock.

Pretty good stuff and one of the more interesting things I've listened to in this poor year so far. 

• 2 weeks later...

Killer production. Good vocals. Great musicianship. But, and sadly there has to be a but... bog average songs. :(

Sadly, I just find the songs really bland and uninspiring. I did think 'Forever' was a pretty cool ballad and the sole keeper from the album... but a shame, as everything else is in order. Except the songs. 

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Killer production. Good vocals. Great musicianship. But, and sadly there has to be a but... bog average songs. :(

Sadly, I just find the songs really bland and uninspiring. I did think 'Forever' was a pretty cool ballad and the sole keeper from the album... but a shame, as everything else is in order. Except the songs. 

I get that a bit about the songs...It's not really bothering me though.  They've got some cool hooks and musicianship like you say that sorta keeps it interesting to me.  At least they're not battle/king/queen/fight/Unite songs :lol:

Not blowing me away by any means but I'm enjoying it for a new discovery that's helping me kill some time until the Defiants comes out.  I can see it squeaking in my top 10 with how things have went in this down year to this point.

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

I agree with everything you said, Singer check, production check, Talent check, even on most of the songs being average, but I do absolutely love Heart Attack, been stuck in my head every day for over a week!

• 3 years later...

Not into the second one because you can't polish a turd, but I have a small soft spot for that first tune and the cover is pretty cool. Video is a bit awkward, but I don't mind the song. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well with their singer and female guitarist gone, they are still touring with what I believe is a temporary singer, but I hope their new image is not indicative of a change of sound as they look like some kind of 80s boyband

312638722_546109217522919_74919908904885