Jimi Anderson Group - I Belong

Stefan

65731467_2523212937729560_68647572583963

From melodicrock.com:

Born In Rigside, Lanarkshire, Scotland, Anderson's first Rock band was in 1978, singing mainly Rush & Deep Purple songs, and so his passion for 'Classic Rock' had begun. The next few years brought many hours of practise and to Paul Rodgers, David Coverdale & Ronnie James Dio for inspiration. He began writing songs and formed the Rock band 'Sahara' whilst spending any spare time attending a gazzillion gigs at the Legendary 'Glasgow Apollo' till it closed in 1985.

Various incarnations of the band ensued including a name change to "The Hardline" until they were picked-up by 'Wet Wet Wet's manager Elliott Davis and offered a management contract on the strength of a demo tape. Showcasing his phenomenal voice, 5 years of recording demo's, touring, notable sell out gigs at Glasgow's King Tut's, London's 'Borderline Club' and a support to Wet Wet Wet in front of 30,000 people at Glasgow Green followed. The singer continued writing, performing and recording, appearing on Michael Barrymore's National Television shows ' My Kind of People' & 'Barrymore' in 1997/98 and went on to sing at concerts & festivals in Cyprus, Romania, Turkey and Holland.

Living now in York, Anderson has continued writing and moved on to spend four years as lead vocalist with tribute band 'A Foreigners Journey' and toured extensively in the UK and Rhodes. Meeting new friends along the way, and his voice just got better and better so a decision was made to leave "A Foreigners Journey" and the next adventure started. His latest side project is a tribute to great American Melodic Rock with some great musicians and friends called "Legends of AOR". Their debut gig was in Spain in front of a crowd of Rhodes Rockers. The festival has now moved to Cyprus where ‘Legends of AOR’ have performed for the last 3 years.

In 2015 Jimi finally realized his dream and released an album of original songs recorded at FML studios in Motherwell, Scotland with Producer/Engineer/Musicians Sandy Jones and Greame Duffin, and over the last 4 years has taken his music on the road up & down the UK. So the Jimi Anderson Group was born. The album titled ‘Longtime Comin’ was released in 2017.

On August 30th, 2019 the follow-up release “I Belong” will hit the shelves – the first record on AOR Heaven. Like it’s predecessor ‘I Belong’ was recorded at FML with Sandy Jones at the helm. Jimi, Sandy & Greame performed most of the music. This time however ace guitarist ‘David Cuthbert’ features on quite a few of the tracks including ‘Wonderful Tokyo Nights’, ‘Fearless Warrior’ & ‘I’m A Believer’ to name a few, including the beautiful ballad title track, ‘I Belong’.

Tracks:

1. Brave New World
2. Holdin’ on to the Night
3. If All I Need Is You
4. Until Then
5. Wonderful Tokyo Nights
6. Blinded By The Moonlight
7. Fearless Warrior (Speak With Fire)
8. I Belong
9. I’m A Believer
10. State Of Shock
11. I Wanna Go Round Again
12. Jamie’s Blues

Soundclips:

'Brave New World'

'Wonderful Tokyo Nights'

'Holding On The Night'

That last album was surprisingly good if I recall correctly, and this sounds promising too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Arousing!