Tony Mills - Beyond the Law

Stefan

On 2/26/2019 at 1:43 PM, lettard said:

It all started well...then he began to sing,,,sorry but I just aint a fan of his voice,at times its ok but generally not for me  :(

hmm I think his vocals are alright. But if other people feel the same way you do, that might explain why Shy was not as popular. Personally I think Shy is one of the most underrated bands out there :)

4 hours ago, Invisible_man said:

hmm I think his vocals are alright. But if other people feel the same way you do, that might explain why Shy was not as popular. Personally I think Shy is one of the most underrated bands out there :)

I enjoyed Shy and also thinking back the Siam release,I dunno,its just over the last while his vocals aren't for me...think it started with the State Of Rock cd,the Frontline sound was there but for me the whiny sorta vocal ruined it...the music is brilliant on his last couple of solo releases and don't get me wrong I can listen to it...but every now and then it just grinds on me.

Edited by lettard

I think it might be the pitch/timbre of his voice. You read similar comments about Tony Harnell and Rob Moratti. Personally I like all 3, but I know that for some people the vocal characteristics are like nails on a chalkboard.

12 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I think it might be the pitch/timbre of his voice. You read similar comments about Tony Harnell and Rob Moratti. Personally I like all 3, but I know that for some people the vocal characteristics are like nails on a chalkboard.

Quoted for truth!:wub::wub::wub:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 7:43 AM, heavyharmonies said:

Love the art noir cover design!

I dig that album cover as well.   I'm just now reading of Tony's diagnosis, very sad news, such a terrible disease that takes too many too soon

Sad to read of Tonys diagnosis.

Wasn't always the biggest fan but the last Streets Of Chance cd was very good,hoping for something similar,the album seems to have a theme running through it by the names of the songs and the artwork/title itself?