Roxanne - Radio Silence

Stefan

roxanne-cd-cover-650-web.jpg

From Rat Pak Records:

RAT PAK RECORDS SET TO RELEASE ROXANNE "RADIO SILENCE"

“Radio Silence” is the sophomore release from the LA based rock band Roxanne and will be available on October 26, 2018 via Rat Pak Records. Originally formed in the late 80’s, Roxanne garnered commercial success with their 1988 self-titled debut album which was well received with two songs charting on rock radio; “Cherry Bay” and “Sweet Maria”, as well as a cover of Wild Cherry’s “Play That Funky Music” which hit #63 on the Billboard singles charts and was in full rotation on both dance and rock stations simultaneously.

As with many bands from that era, facing the decline in interest for AOR rock due to the onslaught of the “grunge” scene, the guys in Roxanne went on hiatus. Now 30 years later the band returns with a new offering entitled “Radio Silence”, which features 11 tracks of pure adrenalized classic rock influenced music and also features special guest appearances by guitar legend George Lynch, King’s X front-man dUg Pinnick and Korn drummer Ray Luzier.

Regarding the recording process, lead singer Jamie Brown comments, “We wanted to make a rock record that you’d want to crank in your car and drive fast with the windows down and I think we accomplished that!”. Drummer Dave Landry adds, “We are all very proud of this album and are ecstatic the way it turned out...the songs, the tones and the performances. Recorded on 2-inch analog, it sounds real, it is real, and truly represents the way our band sounds!”

With influences that range from Queen to Bad Company to Thin Lizzy, “Radio Silence” is best described as a perfect blend of classic rock with a modern-day edge!

Produced by Rich Mouser and Jamie Brown and recorded, mixed & mastered at The Mousehouse Studio, Los Angeles, CA

TRACK LISTING

01. Someone To Kill

02. Girls Alright

03. Super Bad (ft: George Lynch)

04. Thin Blue Line

05. Broken Chandeliers

06. Man In The Moon (ft: Ray Luzier & dUg Pinnick) 

07. Go Fuck Yourself (ft: George Lynch & dUg Pinnick)    

08. Without Us

09. Quarter To Four

10. I Don’t Want to Live This Way

11. First Mistake

Jamie Brown - Vocals, Guitar

John Butler - Guitar

Joe Infante - Bass

Dave Landry - Drums

I enjoyed their debut from back in '88.  New song is just OK for me, has more of a 70's funk rock influence.  Underlying riff during the solo sounds similar to Sweet Emotion from the 1:47 mark to 2:30.  Nice video though and I'm interested in hearing more, especially with all original members returning.

Edited by Crazysam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice cover of Corabi's Man In The Moon
Nothing too mind blowing, but will likely be the first time many people hear the song.

Someone To Kill reminds me a lot of a song from Swing Of Death
Other songs have an Electric Boys feel, and sometimes a Beatles vibe.
Loving the diversity of the sound of the songs.

This album has potential to be in my top couple of the year.

Sadly, I thought this album was terrible. :(

I actually didn't love the debut, but always thought it had a cool vibe and some cool tunes. This one has an unpleasant vibe and no good tunes whatsoever, imo. :(

One thing I will say about the album - whether I like it or not - is they came back with vigour after such a massive time away. I can see how an album displaying such confidence would appeal to some, but it's just really not my thing at all.  

On 11/4/2018 at 6:56 AM, Geoff said:

Sadly, I thought this album was terrible. :(

I actually didn't love the debut, but always thought it had a cool vibe and some cool tunes. This one has an unpleasant vibe and no good tunes whatsoever, imo. :(

One thing I will say about the album - whether I like it or not - is they came back with vigour after such a massive time away. I can see how an album displaying such confidence would appeal to some, but it's just really not my thing at all.  

From the main site Geoffrey:

This is a great CD! I like quite a lot of the songs on here, especially 'Over you' and 'Stay with me'... but my favourite title has to be 'Cherry bay' - what a song! I also love the 'Funky music' remake. Very good CD!

8 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

From the main site Geoffrey:

This is a great CD! I like quite a lot of the songs on here, especially 'Over you' and 'Stay with me'... but my favourite title has to be 'Cherry bay' - what a song! I also love the 'Funky music' remake. Very good CD!

He said in 2004. ;)

14 years and youthful enthusiasm aside, I rated in 75% in my overall ratings... which is still a pretty good CD. The songs I like still stand, but it's not an amazing CD.

Exact, precise wording on what I think of the debut aside... the new one is still a flaming pile of horse shit. ;)  

18 hours ago, Geoff said:

He said in 2004. ;)

14 years and youthful enthusiasm aside, I rated in 75% in my overall ratings... which is still a pretty good CD. The songs I like still stand, but it's not an amazing CD.

Exact, precise wording on what I think of the debut aside... the new one is still a flaming pile of horse shit. ;)  

I was just yanking your chain. I know you like when manly men yank on things. :lol:

4 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I was just yanking your chain. I know you like when manly men yank on things. :lol:

This, I cannot deny. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Another great song from one of the best albums last year.

The more I've heard it, the closer it gets to Shiraz Lane. I'd say they were both my $1's at the moment.

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, Whatever Happened To Fun? said:

Absolutely love this album!!

Probably my album of 2018.

Me too, but Thin Blue Line is one of the more average songs of the album IMO.
Hope they do more, and not take so long this time.
Sadly, often when a band has taken years to make an album, they have been sitting on, writing and accumulating killer stuff. They release an album of the real cream, it does well, so they try to make another in a year or two.
But this is a different scenario and they are more likely tyo pump out more generic rocky stuff that isn't very inspiring. Hope that doesn't happen though.

18 hours ago, Stefan said:

Video for 'Thin Blue Line'.

Has an "Extreme" feel to it (chorus)

Thin Blue Line is definitely my least favorite song on the album. I never was much of an Extreme fan so maybe that explains that. 

Hopefully the fact they are playing a few shows and the album seems to have gotten very good reviews, will inspire them to follow this one up.

• 1 month later...